• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Older GAF gamers? (40+ only)

Older GAF -- how old are you anyway? (40+ only)

• 40 to 44

Votes: 198 51.3%
  • 45 to 49

Votes: 103 26.7%
  • 50 to 54

Votes: 36 9.3%
  • 55 to 59

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • 60 to 64

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • 65 to 69

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 70 to 74

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75 to 79

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 80 to 89

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Above 90

Votes: 28 7.3%

• Total voters

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
i feel like this poll is a bit inaccurate. Folks are over 90 years old on here. Nah uh quit playin'
Well...I'm actually close to 400-years old. Choosing 90 made me feel young.

roYJEQy.jpg

But seriously, I'm headed for my 40's and I don't feel our age will change our interests. If gaming is a core value to an individual that won't change. I know many who are gaming well into their 60's now.

Arcadialane

Why would you want to?
Because you get to hit people with a stick and nobody can complain. As long as youve kept yourself healthy through your life it's not bad. Oh and the drugs they have these days are pretty good. Can't remember anything anyway.

Last edited:

Humdinger

78% (4 out of 5) are in their 40s.

edit: Probably more like 85%, once you take out the 90s.

Last edited:

Humdinger

adjacent question for the 40+ gamers here: Do you find yourself getting more or less horny as you age? I'm nearly 36 and it just seems like theres no upper limit on it.

Oh, less. I'm 60 now, and my sex drive is much lower than it when I was in my 30s or 40s. If you're 36, you're still too young to have felt the decline. Give it 10 or 20 years. I first noticed it around 50.

Krathoon

I was trying to get Ghostwire Tokyo for really cheap, but no such luck. I can get the standard edition for $27.
Upgrading it to deluxe is $20 more, which is kinda crappy.

Krathoon

It seems like Sonic Colors Ultimate is still buggy. Might as well play the Wii version.
They also screwed up the intro song. Sigh. Sega.

Krathoon

Some jackass stole my Doordash order.
Since I rent, I can't really put up a security camera.

I think it was the delivery person themselves. They took a picture of the order so they would have an alibi.
They did not knock. That is suspicious.

Krathoon

I had this weird training with the folks from Google today. Apparently, you are rewarded bonus points in the labs for going through them as fast as possible instead of actually taking your time and learning them.

Cynical_Aries

Gold Member
I'm 50, just went from PS4 to my first Xbox series x. I hope to get a decent gaming computer at some point. I play a good bit of steam on my laptop. I'm about to try out Deep Rock Galactic on Game Pass. If any fellow geezers are playing this or any other co-op games on Xbox, my gamertag is Hogan1776
I'm curious if anyone is still playing the old Battlefield games. I'm just happy to still be gaming these days. Although, just like many of you, my business takes priority.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Glad to see the votes still coming in.

Looks like we have 2 people in their 70s, 5 people in their 60s, 49 in their 50s, and 292 in their 40s. I'm assuming at least 27 of the 28 90-year-olds are fake, but one might be real. Otherwise, our oldest member is in their late 70s.

Last edited:

EekTheKat

I'm old enough to have seen all my childhood favorite franchises burn to the ground.

Kind of depressing and hilarious at the same time.

On the bright side, it's nice to look at things completely devoid of any emotional attachments. All these dead to me franchises from big publishers have opened up room for a lot of wonderful mid tier games that are seemingly picking up the ball that the big publishers dropped.

NikuNashi

I'm old enough to have seen all my childhood favorite franchises burn to the ground.

Kind of depressing and hilarious at the same time.

On the bright side, it's nice to look at things completely devoid of any emotional attachments. All these dead to me franchises from big publishers have opened up room for a lot of wonderful mid tier games that are seemingly picking up the ball that the big publishers dropped.

For me, my cherished childhood franchises are as follows

Street Fighter (Dead now, I didn't play 5 and 6 is looking uninspiring)
Mario (There's life in the old dog yet but Odyssey was disappointing)
Zelda (Again I've not given up hope but BOTW was a zelda Light, didn't really have much zelda left in it)
Resident Evil (Dead, FPS is not resident evil)
Metroid (No idea what's happening with this, hopeful that Prime 4 is a banger)

Top Bottom