• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Which Combination of Current-Gen Consoles Do You Own?

Which Combination of Current-Gen Consoles Do You Own?

• PS4 only

Votes: 37 13.4%
  • Xbox only

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Switch only

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • PS4 and Xbox

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • PS4 and Switch

Votes: 50 18.1%
  • Xbox and Switch

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • PS4, Xbox, and Switch

Votes: 64 23.1%
  • PC and PS4

Votes: 39 14.1%
  • PC and Xbox

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • PC and Switch

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Humdinger

Which combination of current gen consoles do you own?

Note, we're not talking about previous gen consoles. We're not talking about smartphones. We're focused on the three main current-gen home consoles -- PS4, Xbox, and Switch. I'm considering Switch current gen, not Wii U, although I suppose you could argue that.

I would have liked to include PC as a full choice, but doing so would've expanded the number of permutations beyond the poll option limit. After covering the console combos, I had three remaining slots. I used those to cover a few PC + console combos.

p.s. Maybe I should clarify -- don't vote PC unless you actively use PC for gaming. We all know you own one. Even though the question is phrased in terms of "ownership," just owning a PC doesn't count here. We're talking about what you use for gaming.

Last edited:

Thurible

I mainly use steam and my wii u. I haven't upgraded to the switch yet and I'm kind of weary of it. I need to be convinced people other than nintendo will actually make games for it and it will be a stable platform. I'm also a little annoyed by some of the things nintendo has done as of late.

ILLtown

I have a PS4 Pro, an Xbox One X, and a gaming PC that I built a few years ago that's still a pretty solid performer.

I do the vast majority of gaming on the Xbox cos that's where I have the most friends by far. Before this gen I was primarily into single player games and if I played online, it was largely with people who were friends of mine in real life. This gen I started seeking out new people to game with and my friends list on Live went from about 25 people to over 400 and I spend almost all of my gaming time playing online multiplayer/co-op games now.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
PS4pro and Switch. These two combination that will give me most of the Japanese games and single player games.

But Switch is 9th gen...

Setting that aside, PS4 and Switch for me. They'll be my last two gaming platforms other than a few PCs retrofitted for MAME stuff.

PC, PS4 (base), Switch

PC is a decent gaming rig that can play modern games in high-ultra settings 60fps @ 1080

Last edited:

NahaNago

PS4, XB1,PC, and Switch for me. I do the majority of my gaming on ps4 and then I pretty much play civ5 on pc all the time .

Vawn

Banned
I own all three consoles, but I almost forget I own an Xbox One at times, as there has been very little for me there.

I'm looking forward to dusting it off for the new Ori though.

Rellik

PS4 and Switch. My PS4 is main and the Switch gets very little use, but I'll keep it around because I've yet to play some of the true heavyweights on it like Zelda. I'm just stuck in a massive PS4 backlog at the moment.

I did own the OG Xbox One, but as someone who also has a gaming PC, I got rid of it the moment they started putting their exclusives on the PC.

kaczmar

PS4, PS4 Pro, XBOX One, XBOX One X, (2) Switches, and (2) Mac's/PC's (Mac running boot camp for PC access).

Last edited:

Akuza89

Xbox one, ps4 and switch.

I needed all 3 mainly for the games, but because I think all 3 are great and need to play all the games and not limit myself to 1 system (Pc doesn't have enough to pull me into playing it and most pc games get a console port eventually)

Last edited:

Calibos

Xbox X, Xbox One, PS4 and just added a new PC a few weeks back. Will look to get a Switch next year when my son is 5.

My PS4 Pro gets the majority of my time these days especially owning a PSVR now, followed by the Switch, everything on it is just fun to play and my Xbox has been good for the original Titanfall, Cuphead and Sea Of Thieves. At this point I'll always aim to own the big 3 by the end of each gen, probably if not sooner.

Codes 208

Ps4 and switch.

I ended up trading my gaming pc for a surface tablet for comic illustration.

Had an xbox but ran out of patience with ms's lack of reasoning to own said xbox.

I have a moderately powerful laptop for gaming (1050ti), a PS4 Slim (Purchased the original at release for games like Bloodborne, traded in my old model for the Slim a year ago at minimal cost) and a Switch.

I mostly play on PC though, so in the future I will invest in a more capable laptop.

n0razi

Have a PS4 Pro and Switch for their exclusives (Bloodborne and BotW) but my Gaming PC gets 90% of my playtime

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
PS4 Pro and Switch (and PC which also covers most Xbox exclusives).

bitbydeath

Voted PS4 only, although I technically play more on my Mac since the release of Two Point Hospital but that combo wasn’t available to pick.

DonF

PS4 pro, Switch and a not top of the line but competent PC. I can play like 99.9% of the games I want.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
PS4 and Switch. The only combo worth a damn. If your into japanese games, or any games for that matter, then these two have a solid track record.

waylo

Banned
I was PC and Switch up until about a month ago when I sold my Switch. Barely played the thing. I'm just not a console gamer anymore, haven't really been for years. Performance is king for me, and consoles just don't offer what I'm looking for. I'm also not big on using a controller for most games.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
PS4 Pro (white) and Xbox One S (also white). I despise the Xbox's UI but have been with Xbox since day one so I'm on the fence about getting an X one day. The S does enough for me I suppose. We'll see 🤔

Never had an interest in Nintendo stuff so nothing from them.

Spheyr

Banned
PC, PS4, and Xbone.

I'm actually trying to decide right now if I even want a Switch. There's not enough Switch exclusive stuff to really make it worth buying at sticker price, and it's not like prices are going to come down any time soon either.

evanm137

Neo Member
XboxOne only

I mean, I have a laptop for primarily school based stuff for college, but I don't play any games on it, except for Sims 2 (the best Sims game BTW) lol.

Top Bottom