• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Which Combination of Current-Gen Consoles Do You Own?

Which Combination of Current-Gen Consoles Do You Own?

• PS4 only

Votes: 37 13.4%
  • Xbox only

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Switch only

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • PS4 and Xbox

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • PS4 and Switch

Votes: 50 18.1%
  • Xbox and Switch

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • PS4, Xbox, and Switch

Votes: 64 23.1%
  • PC and PS4

Votes: 39 14.1%
  • PC and Xbox

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • PC and Switch

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Link1110

Ps4 and switch. Honestly I keep forgetting Xbox one exists cause it's very avoidable here in China and I don't even know what exclusives it has.

Bullet Club

Banned
I own them all, but I can't vote due to being a Neo Geo Member.

My PC is kind of weak. Good enough for Humble Bundle stuff though.

Humdinger

Its obvious from this that there are plenty of people who have xbox but DONT have a gaming PC, so its obviously true for these people that a console exclusive is actually a exclusive game.

Well, "plenty" in this context = 6, and just as many own Xbox + PC (6), so I don't know if we can draw any big conclusions about what Xbox owners think. But yes, it's true that if an Xbox owner has only an Xbox and not a gaming PC, then Xbox exclusives are exclusive to their Xbox, as far as they're concerned. That's kind of a truism, I think -- if all you've got is an Xbox, that's all you can play it on.

It was a bit before E3, it was on sale at 230$CAD so I picked it up without looking at the lineup, even bought game pass cards at 50% off. Once I played a bit with it and realised it really had no exclusives since I could play everything on pc, I sold it. Since I got it on sale I got all the money back though heh

I took about a $100 hit when I sold mine, but oh well, no big deal.

B_Signal

there's no option for it so I picked PS4 and Switch, but it's PS4, Switch and PC

it varies depending on what's out I guess, but my PC gets used the most, then probably my PS4 over my Switch, but there's definitely periods where that's reversed. I still use my 3DS a lot too, or at least there's always something ongoing on it

Humdinger

Ouch, on a xbox one s or x? Here used consoles still sell for quite a good amount. Example: Used switch sells for about 320$ (new is 380$)

It was an X. Bought for $450, sold for $360 or so. I think of it as the price I paid to learn I didn't want one. I'll wait for next gen and see what they have to offer then.

I just have a PC, which isn't even an option on your damn poll.

Ha ha. I thought about it, but I would've had to sacrifice one of the PC + (console) options, and I was more interested in that.

Lort

Banned
Well, "plenty" in this context = 6, and just as many own Xbox + PC (6), so I don't know if we can draw any big conclusions about what Xbox owners think. But yes, it's true that if an Xbox owner has only an Xbox and not a gaming PC, then Xbox exclusives are exclusive to their Xbox, as far as they're concerned. That's kind of a truism, I think -- if all you've got is an Xbox, that's all you can play it on.

I took about a $100 hit when I sold mine, but oh well, no big deal.

There are 89 people who have xbox but not a PC not 6,.. there are apparently 6 people with a PC and xbox. ( there is no option for all consoles and PC) .. the lack options are warping the results .

PS4, Xbone and Wii U. As a Wii U owner, the switch is "next gen" shenanigans.

EDIT: I have a PC too but don't use it for gaming. Just throwing that out there since there seems to be some controversy surrounding the poll options.

Last edited:

Apt101

PS4 Pro, Xbox One S, Switch, and a really powerful PC. Also a really good gaming laptop for travel. I spoiled myself.

Humdinger

There are 89 people who have xbox but not a PC not 6,.. there are apparently 6 people with a PC and xbox. ( there is no option for all consoles and PC) .. the lack options are warping the results .

Yeah, you really can't assume that (the 89 part), because the PC poll option choices are too limited. As I explained in the OT, I couldn't include PC options because the permutations would've exceeded the number of poll options (10).

Anyhow, not worth fussing about. If what you're saying is that Xbox exclusives are important to people who own an Xbox but don't game on PC, I'm sure that's true.

EDIT: I have a PC too but don't use it for gaming. Just throwing that out there since there seems to be some controversy surrounding the poll options.

Not controversy, really, just some PC gamers feeling left out. Sorry guys, I was mostly interested in the console distribution, and the number of poll options is limited to 10, so that meant I couldn't include a full range of choices related to PC ownership.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Here's how the results look overall (at 205 votes):

- About a quarter of the people here own all three consoles. That's kind of impressive.

- If you own two consoles, PS4 + Switch is the favorite choice, followed by PS4 + Xbox. You might've expected PS4 + Xbox to be the more popular combo, but it's not.

- If you only own one console, it's likely a PS4. No surprise there, although the ratios are pretty surprising. PS4-only owners outnumber Xbox-only owners 5 to 1 and Switch-only owners 10 to 1.

- If you have a gaming PC and one console, the console is most likely to be a PS4 and least likely to be an Xbox. That makes sense, since PS4 offers lots of exclusives you can't play on PC, whereas Xbox doesn't.

Last edited:

dolabla

I now only own the PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X.

I sold my Switch around a couple of weeks ago. I didn't play it much so I saw no reason to keep it right now. I kept my games and accessories as I do plan to get another one day once the library gets better. Maybe next year sometime.

Humdinger

I didn't really care about PCs when I made the poll. I was interested in consoles. After running through the console permutations, though, I had 3 extra slots, so I decided to use them for a few PC options.

I probably should've left PC out of the poll entirely. Would've been simpler.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I don't see how such a poll should ever exclude PC.....PC gaming is very viable these days, especially since one of the consoles shares many of it's exclusives with PC and even more of these exclusives are coming to steam as announced yesterday. Haven't watched the results, but I imagine PC and PS4 should be fairly high since it covers many bases. On the flip some folk may not like to game on PC and would prefer multi consoles anyway...

Humdinger

I don't see how such a poll should ever exclude PC....

Because PC gamers are never satisfied. I've explained 4 or 5 times now, including in the OP which apparently no one reads, why the PC-related options were limited. And still PC gamers are complaining about there not being more options for PC gamers. It's annoying.

thelastword

Banned
Because PC gamers are never satisfied. I've explained 4 or 5 times now, including in the OP which apparently no one reads, why the PC-related options were limited. And still PC gamers are complaining about there not being more options for PC gamers. It's annoying.
I think the PC options you have here are fine, it's just it's total exclusion that I spoke against in your statement a few posts earlier......You created the thread though and you knew what info you were gunning for, so nobody can argue against your intentions there.....Cheers.

I own Da X1 Greatest console ever and PS4 game mostly on the X has the most games I wanna play I also love Sony exclusive games nothing else everything else I'm playing it on Da Mighty Scorpio X

Humdinger

I think the PC options you have here are fine, it's just it's total exclusion that I spoke against in your statement a few posts earlier......You created the thread though and you knew what info you were gunning for, so nobody can argue against your intentions there.....Cheers.

Cheers to you, too.

Itachi87

I have a gaming PC, PS4, and Xbox one. The PC is my main. I only play exclusives on PS4. I barely ever turn on my xbox one.

CJY

Banned
Top 5 combos include PS4. No surprise there. But still... wow!

And poor “switch only” lol

Last edited:

Isa

PS4 Pro is my main, Switch is tertiary for me. My second most played is my Vita, but in all fairness I have limited time and prefer sitting back and gazing on a big screen. I have a gaming pc but I just am not interested outside of artwork and rpg stuff. I was temped during Sunset Overdrive and X launch to dip back into MS waters but reasoned against it. Great device but the limited exclusives and hefty price paired with my limited time is a bad decision for me.

Humdinger

And poor “switch only” lol

Yeah, I was surprised by that, too. I expected Switch-only numbers to rise, but they didn't.

Of the 117 people who own a Switch, only 3 of them (2.5%) own only a Switch. Does that mean the Switch functions primarily as a secondary console? Don't know; can't say from the poll. But we can say almost everyone who plays on a Switch also plays on something else.

CJY

Banned
Yeah, I was surprised by that, too. I expected Switch-only numbers to rise, but they didn't.

Of the 117 people who own a Switch, only 3 of them (2.5%) own only a Switch. Does that mean the Switch functions primarily as a secondary console? Don't know; can't say from the poll. But we can say almost everyone who plays on a Switch also plays on something else.

Yeah sure. I think Switch functions mainly as a secondary console for most on here. I think the only people with only a switch are probably young kids and I wouldn’t say there are very many of those here on GAF.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

For me Switch always was secondary console. As much as I love my Switch, if it was only system I owned then I would have missed lot of my favourite Japanese games like Persona 5, NieR Automata, Gravity Rush and up coming Kingdom Hearts III, Catherine Full Body and Fist of the North Star. I got My Switch for exclusive Japanese games that PS4 doesn't get like Octopath, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Shin Megemi Tensei V, and Deamon X Machina. This makes PS4 and Switch a perfect combo if you are in to Japanese games.

McHuj

PS4 and Switch.

After I bought my Gsync monitor I have kind of stopped playing on the PS4. I may move back Xbox next gen if MS continues to support cross buy

RPGCrazied

PS4, Xbox One and a switch. My PC isn't bad, A couple years old Alienware that can run most games today, but mostly play WoW on it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom