• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Which Combination of Current-Gen Consoles Do You Own?

Which Combination of Current-Gen Consoles Do You Own?

• PS4 only

Votes: 37 13.4%
  • Xbox only

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Switch only

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • PS4 and Xbox

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • PS4 and Switch

Votes: 50 18.1%
  • Xbox and Switch

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • PS4, Xbox, and Switch

Votes: 64 23.1%
  • PC and PS4

Votes: 39 14.1%
  • PC and Xbox

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • PC and Switch

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Kadayi

Banned
PC only. I'd be tempted to get a PS4 for the exclusives, but the truth of the matter is I have more games than I have free time for as it stands so I don't see much point in diversifying at this juncture.

Mithos

PC + PS4 Pro...

But that's a PC from 8 years ago, with a small upgrade 5 years ago which part have been forced to roll back (downgrade) this week.

2010: i7 930 @ 2.80Ghz, 6GB ram 1333mhz, ati5770
2013: i7 930 @ 3.36Ghz (O.C.), 12GB ram 1600mhz, gtx660Ti
2018: i7 930 @ 3.32Ghz (O.C.), 6GB ram 1333mhz, gtx660Ti (12GB sticks went poff, randomly detected/not detected on boot/while running, so back to the old 6GB sticks)

Last edited:

Humdinger

Only PS4 Pro for me. I bought an X, but ebayed it after discovering that BC gaming wasn't as fun as I hoped, and just the power difference wasn't worth $400. Besides, I think I'm a one-console guy. I periodically get an itch to get a second console but always end up selling it within six months. I feel uncomfortable when I have two game consoles in my entertainment center; I feel like I'm overdoing it.

Anyhow, PS4 has been a great console for me this gen, so I'm happy to stick with it 'till the end.

Xbox One, Switch, and lot of VR with my Oculus Rift. Been thinking about getting an X, but it seems like a weird time to be buying a new console. Think I'll just wait for the next Xbox.

Humdinger

That would be interesting to see. Mainly how many people, like me, have only the Switch as the only console.

Yeah, not many are voting Switch only so far. Same for Xbox only. Also Xbox + PC.

I expect Switch only votes will pick up. There are a lot of Nintendo fans here. Not all of them can be multiconsole owners. Switch does figure prominently in the multi-console choices -- for instance, PS4 + Switch is the most popular combo for people who own two consoles.

PS4 looks dominant in the poll overall, which isn't surprising.

Xbox One X, Switch, PS4

Bought into Sony at the start of this gen, but MS has been killing it in terms of bending over backwards for my gaming dollars. Honestly I'm on the verge of giving away my PS4 to a friend or something, as I haven't turned the thing on in almost a year.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
PC and Switch here. I'm skipping PS4 and X1 because they don't have the exclusives I want that made me buy their predecessor(s).

Lort

Banned
So basically those xbox console exclusives do matter because most people who have an xbox dont have a gaming PC?

Why isn’t PC, PS4, Xbox one, and switch an option? PC gets the most play here with steam, ps4 for redboxed exclusives, switch for the Nintendo itch and my Xbox one collects dust outside of backward compatibility. Horizon 4 runs amazing on PC.

Last edited:

Vlaphor

PS4, PC, and Switch.

I don't see that option in the poll.

There have been times where I've thought about getting a XBONE X, especially with the Xbox All Access...but for the life of me, I can barely think of any exclusive games I want on that platform.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Seems like majority in the poll own a PS4 (120+) while the Switch and Xbox One are tied (72-74).

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Why can’t we choose “PC, PS4,Xbox One, Switch”? Is it impossible to own them all at once? :p

Humdinger

So basically those xbox console exclusives do matter because most people who have an xbox dont have a gaming PC?

Well, I don't know. To me, the poll indicates that if people game on a PC, they usually won't pick Xbox to pair it with. I'm assuming that is because of the redundancy in exclusives.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Well, I don't know. To me, the poll indicates that if people game on a PC, they usually won't pick Xbox to pair it with. I'm assuming that is because of the redundancy in exclusives.
Exactly, I picked up an xbox in june and sold it two weeks ago. I ended up playing the games on pc instead, absolutely no reason for me to own an xbox.

Skyfox

I’ve the latest and greatest of everything except I have no PC (I use a PC at work though but no gaming).

I also have previous gen and retro.

Malakhov

Banned
Heh. Me, too. Did you get swept up in the E3 hype? I did. I may also have been stoned. When you're stoned, buying a console always seems like a good idea.
It was a bit before E3, it was on sale at 230$CAD so I picked it up without looking at the lineup, even bought game pass cards at 50% off. Once I played a bit with it and realised it really had no exclusives since I could play everything on pc, I sold it. Since I got it on sale I got all the money back though heh

Last edited:
Too late, to vote!

PS4 Pro + XBOX ONE X + Android + IPAD + WiiU + N3DS. I'm done for this gen. I'm waiting for PS5 and the later, the better. I'll be getting a new PC in the next 6 months.

Lort

Banned

Its almost the end of the generation, MS only annoucned the policy recently, and xbox launched with plenty of full exclusives. Its obvious from this that there are plenty of people who have xbox but DONT have a gaming PC, so its obviously true for these people that a console exclusive is actually a exclusive game.

Top Bottom