• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Who would you bang, if you had the chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambient80

overwatch__zarya_by_blade_fury-dadv90e.jpg

Credit to Blade-Fury on deviantart.

LordRaptor

I'd bang Miss Fortune from LoL, marry Cooking Mama, then kill myself for partaking in such a puerile game reinforcing all sorts of nerd stereotypes

Why is this a "lol games journalism" issue? I mean, you have stuff like this in regular journalism all the time, Cosmo is filled with it as at the editorial sextions and entertainment fluff sections.

Mainly, consider the source.

I doubt any of us would blink an eye if this game from IGN, for instance, as they've always been a lad mag and taken full ownership of a juvenile consumerist lad-mag identity without aspiring to anything else.

Polygon and people like Kuchera, meanwhile, built their reputations on being high and mighty about "saving games journalism" and capitalizing on the boom of scolding outrage under the guise of hard-hitting criticism and feature reporting. Everyone with a perspective on this kind of thing could see through their charade, of course, but less commonly do we encounter incidents like the one we're looking at now, where the people involved are just totally frank about exposing their origins as opportunistic lad-mag types who somehow made careers out of not being good at anything—not at writing, not at playing—so yes, of course we should point and laugh, we who knew who they were all along.

psyfi

Banned
I'm 32 years old and haven't had a crush on a fictional character (or even a celebrity) for nearly twenty years, but Kat from Gravity Rush is cute as hell.

Modern Bioware is pretty great for this but if we're talking characters that we don't get to..well, bang - Balthier from Final Fantasy XII
QEKtyMz.jpg

Mainly, consider the source.

I doubt any of us would blink an eye if this game from IGN, for instance, as they've always been a lad mag and taken full ownership of a juvenile consumerist lad-mag identity without aspiring to anything else.

Polygon and people like Kuchera, meanwhile, built their reputations on being high and mighty about "saving games journalism" and capitalizing on the boom of scolding outrage under the guise of hard-hitting criticism and feature reporting. Everyone with a perspective on this kind of thing could see through their charade, of course, but less commonly do we encounter incidents like the one we're looking at now, where the people involved are just totally frank about exposing their origins as opportunistic lad-mag types who somehow made careers out of not being good at anything—not at writing, not at playing—so yes, of course we should point and laugh, we who knew who they were all along.

So, what specific Polygon article made *you* mad?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You know the pretty Gruntilda from the end of Banjo-Kazooie was bangin', you just won't admit it.

Syrus

Banned
Liara and the chick that was on Chucks character from ME , Camilla and Tharja(FE) , Triss and Yennifer.

Lolz

Theres too many haha. Bayonetta , lulu , Tifa...

Ehm wtf oh it's Polygon.. But i will play along: Midna, Zelda from BotW or Hyrule Warriors, Samus, Female shephard, lara croft, Tifa, chun-li, Shanoa(castlevania), Link (i am normally not into man but for this i would make an exeption) and Aloy.

I love how this thread tries to balance outrage at Polygon for asking such a crude question and genuine discussion of said question because people actually do find it interesting to think about. The key to life is to simultaneously indulge in a thing while also feeling superior to other people who do the same.

poodaddy

Because I wouldn't know how to fuck a girl in a wheelchair. But if you roll like that, by all means...
I don't find disabilities unattractive at all, I mean if my wife was disabled when we met I'd still be crazy about her. Her being paralyzed doesn't mean she's not beautiful, but I guess I kind of understand where you're coming from....
actually I don't. But you do you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom