• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
things happen, loudly, but might as well not. nothing matters. action scenes where the characters on screen never actually seem to care what happens are hard to care abut. the dark knight predictable? what's sadly predictable these days is the overrating of utterly generic superhero crap with no redeeming features.

beautifully put

this guy gets it
iRkw9D7g2p2dS.gif

SaintZ

things happen, loudly, but might as well not. nothing matters. action scenes where the characters on screen never actually seem to care what happens are hard to care abut. the dark knight predictable? what's sadly predictable these days is the overrating of utterly generic superhero crap with no redeeming features.
ibohN6L0b21Czx.gif

botty

Banned

Stop.

ibccaPwAGpleKb.gif

Peru

Didn't plan to write any more on this tour de dull, but since people have to remind me how overrated it is..

I'm starting to understand how low the bar has been set when all it takes for people to hail what would normally be considered lowest common denominator Transformers-like crap is a few wisecracking one-liners. TDKR isn't great, but it's different and at least wants us to feel something. Doesn't matter what it is. I don't mind lightweight superhero movies, by the way, some of the old Superman films are genuinely fun with their silliness, where the Avengers was an empty CGI bar scrap.

Mau ®

Good luck baboons with Bad Girls winning lol lol lol

MIA's has very few dedicated stans in comparison to the #NAVY (biggest Facebook artist AND 24 million followers on twitter).

Ya'll tried it tho.

Trigger

I'll be shocked if Rihanna doesn't win it. I'll also only be watching because I know POP-GAF will. The VMAs have been flops for the longest now.

YUB09.gif

Koodo

Banned
Billboard said:
For a hot minute, it looked like Justin Timberlake was finally in the studio working on his much-much-much-anticipated third album. Producer Jim Beanz, who notably co-wrote Britney Spears' "Gimme More," updated UK site Digital Spy about progress being made on Timbaland's "Shock Value 3," a project that Timberlake is helping with.

"It's still in the early stages, but they have a lot of tracks," Beanz stated. "While I've been over here in the UK they've been working, so by the time I get back they'll have a whole load of ideas and I'm going to have to catch up!"

However, the headline "Justin Timberlake working on 'crazy' new album" caused mass head-scratching. New album by the man behind "FutureSex/LoveSounds"? Nope.

Timberlake's publicist tells Billboard that while it's true the superstar is collaborating with Timbaland, there are no plans for a third solo album. Further, Timberlake is currently shooting a movie, "Runner, Runner," in Puerto Rico.

Upon its release in 2006, "FutureSex/LoveSounds" peaked at No.1 on both the Billboard 200 and R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts. Timberlake's solo debut, "Justified," peaked at No. 2 on both charts.
Source

That was quick.

Pl9Gr.gif

royalan

Didn't plan to write any more on this tour de dull, but since people have to remind me how overrated it is..

I'm starting to understand how low the bar has been set when all it takes for people to hail what would normally be considered lowest common denominator Transformers-like crap is a few wisecracking one-liners. TDKR isn't great, but it's different and at least wants us to feel something. Doesn't matter what it is. I don't mind lightweight superhero movies, by the way, some of the old Superman films are genuinely fun with their silliness, where the Avengers was an empty CGI bar scrap.

Honestly....i agree. I thought Avengers was pretty middling and only deserving of praise for being one of the few Marvel movies from the past 3 years to not COMPLETELY suck. But it isn't exactly great.

It played out like several episodes of a 90s superhero cartoon strung together. There's compartmentalized conflict, and the heros cracks jokes in the middle of apocalyptic battles as acknowledgment to the audience that none of this really matters. The bad guy wins a minor victory that forces the heroes to learn some lessons and work together. The bad guy is successful just long enough to show the audience what his ultimate goal is, but then is quickly thwarted (but not destroyed, of course). Episode ends on a laugh.

Mindless summer fun, but not an evolution of the genre in any sense.

It was totally shitted on when it released, but I still think Watchmen beats out the vast majority of superhero films that have come out since when it comes to telling an interesting story between all the big budget action scenes. Almost up there with TDK, honestly.

Trigger

lol, that old VMA thread....

It was totally shitted on when it released, but I still think Watchmen beats out the vast majority of superhero films that have come out since when it comes to telling an interesting story between all the big budget action scenes. Almost up there with TDK, honestly.

5IIHa.gif

Mau ®

She wasnt really laughing at Brit. She was laughing at the stripper at her table.

RihALLAH has paid respect to Britney by praising BLACKOUT and calling her a legend when she worked with her for the S&M Rihmix

And Britney loves Rihanna *.*

Kyon

Banned
She wasnt really laughing at Brit. She was laughing at the stripper at her table.

RihALLAH has paid respect to Britney by praising BLACKOUT and calling her a legend when she worked with her for the S&M Rihmix

And Britney loves Rihanna *.*

lol Plus shes the only artist ever to have Britney feature on a track. Kinda like how Britney got Madonna to feature on one of hers.

Next Queen of Pop tbh *.*

Mau ®

I seen that lol she barely tweets her stans anymore. I got like 2 from her since she followed me

Rihanna has tweeted you?
shock1.gif

What did she say? lol

EDIT: Yeah she doesnt tweet as often these days. Now she just retweets horoscope stuff and links to her instagram pics. I remember when she used to troll GaGa and Bey stans
ny2.gif

Kyon

Banned
Rihanna has tweeted you?
shock1.gif

What did she say? lol

EDIT: Yeah she doesnt tweet as often these days. Now she just retweets horoscope stuff and links to her instagram pics. I remember when she used to troll GaGa and Bey stans
ny2.gif

Just retweeted me lmfao it was when Team Breezy and The Navy were trying to drag me because I asked her to follow me while I had a CB icon (Loud Era). I tweeted her once that she doesn't hate him and she followed and RT'd. Then 2nd time was when I tweeted about the S&M remix slaying or something and she RT'd. #Flop I don't think she will ever talk to me but its ok she still sees my tweets on her TL. She used to crack up when some Navy and I would drag ppl. Still no tweets to me but its good to know she reads her TL. I take some credit in her ability to drag tho. I'm one of the most ratchet ppl she followed as well as my friend Steph who hates her and calls her the Forehead. Surprised Rih hasn't blocked her

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Welcome to the PopGaf 2012 Olympics

@hausofmarius presents, in association with littlemonster.com
inFe8QeviQnBW.png

you all voted and here are the results for the #VILETRASH medal
ixeegJLX8Spmy.gif

10. Jessie J (-1.41)
  • tumblr_m81glbujYm1rrzgdoo1_500.gif

9. Miley Cyrus (-1.44)
  • tumblr_m8ep4shsgO1rb53rco1_500.gif

8. One Direction (-1.67)