• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Gurls, so I'm up in Da Club and the DJ just started this BADASS Aphrodylie megamix. The entire club is Stanning for the goddess! Excuse me while I get my LIFE.

OMG YOUR BODY/TIMEBOMB mash up!!!! Gghdhgkhggbfrchjcfhdhgdgs!!!!!!!!!
iFMd3ZcYL0X7H.gif

I want to hear this.

Artemisia

Banned
So I just bought Ride on iTunes.

Her vocals are giving me compressed FFXII voice acting teas.

EDIT: UGH FUCK itunes.

I get the song off amazon, and it sounds just fine. Itunes is the worst.

Majmun

Wait, GAF-POP stans for Assica Simpsom now??

A new low for GAF-POP tbh. She's even more basic than Keri Nohitson. Shame on you

Trigger

As a person I like Jessica Simpson, but I genuinely can't think of any songs she did that I liked or remember. Her most memorable contribution to pop culture was mistaking tuna for chicken.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Aguila

#ICONIC
it16SxULRf4wl.gif

That's the best I can do, botty D:

So I just bought Ride on iTunes.

Her vocals are giving me compressed FFXII voice acting teas.

EDIT: UGH FUCK itunes.

I get the song off amazon, and it sounds just fine. Itunes is the worst.

Thas right. You betta purchase it twice.

I had to, too ;_;

Mau ®

Diamonds is out in the UK. Its currently #2 behind One Direction by 3%. It will most likely place #1 soon but its very close tbh.

It'll be interesting to see how the UK responds to Diamonds in the long run.

xaosslug

i cannot @ 'Xtinctica' being all over POPGAF, and gurls not being able to DEAL, and the ONLY 'shade' they can MANAGE is making fun of ha weight.
euiDG.gif
#legend #truequeen #smash

xaosslug

For what? Delivering her best video since Aint No Other Man? lol

Its really not a big deal imo. Its mostly for the kii's

Also speaking of Xtina and her "curves". Here's an awesome quote from her on Billboard mag

"During the promotion of my album Stripped, I got tired of being a skinny, white girl. I am Ecuadorian but people felt so safe passing me off as a skinny, blue-eyed white girl. So the next time my label saw me… I was heavier, darker and full of piericings! [laughter] Let me tell you, that wasn’t an easy pill for them to swallow. I had gained about 15 pounds during promotion and during my Stripped tour with Justin. They called this serious emergency meeting about how their was a lot of backlash about my weight… basically they told me I would effect a lot of people if I gained weight. The production, musical directors… people I toured with would ALSO miss out if I gained weight because I would sell no records or tickets for my shows. I was young, so I lost the weight quickly and was toothpick thin during Back to Basics promos and touring. So I told them during this Lotus recording… ‘you are working with a fat girl… know it now and get over it’ They need a reminder sometimes that I don’t BELONG to them… it’s my body. My body can’t put anyone in jeopardy of not making money anymore- My body is just not on the table that way anymore. I am 31 my boobs are Max’s and my pussy is mine… Sorry."

The last line is awk tho lol

this is fake. They are using her Billboard interview as the source but she never said that. LOL

royalan

EW2Sw.png

You know the deal with these things. Read from the bottom up:

DPrHv.png

Trying to cause Trouble for a business over such a trite misunderstanding. How utterly childish and unbecoming of a global pop phenomenon with over 500,000 whole twitter followers.

iYhQDDXGfgqK0.gif

500,000? You're off by a couple hundred-thousand, dear.

Considering Leona's never used her Twitter to single out any grievances in particular (except once about Kanye, but who hasn't) and because of the plenitude of responses affirming the restaurant's poor business, I tend to believe her.

Sorry, I'm late to the "Your Body" music video discussion, assuming there was any. Here's my two-cents on the video and Christina's sitcha-ation at the moment:

First of all I think that a lot of people are taking notice of her return to music, a lot more than I had thought would notice or care to. I think The Voice has done of a good job of keeping her name present in the pop culture vernacular so I think that's a good thing. The issue that I've always had with Christina Aguilera (among some others) is the way she presents herself personality-wise. On The Voice she treads the line of smugness pretty successfully, and I think a lot of people see her as a bit snobbish, cold, unappealing. Her personality is obviously the opposite of endearing and she seems to insist on putting on a face that almost always comes off as calculated, and reeking of vanity.

The music video for "Your Body" reminded me of that "swagger" she plays up when she's singing about something even remotely sexual or enticing. The sideways glances, mouth half-open, slightly raised brow with pursed lips and clenched cheeks. It's actually quite insufferable to watch. God knows I love the woman for that golden voice and the songs under her belt that have honestly changed my life growing up, but her particular brand of smugness that she insists on putting on during music videos or performances come off as so so so so fake to me. And I know that every mannerism she uses is so calculated because no person can just have those kinds of expressions be candid. There's just no way. I think she's obsessed with that sensation of being a buxom bombshell and having the world clammer over her looks that she plays it up. It could be done pseudo-sarcastically but she does it too much and often for me to believe it. Christina Aguilera is just straight-up unlikable. It makes it hard for people to root for her success when that icy demeanor becomes a saboteur. I feel like if she made an effort to let go of some of that control and let herself be herself in front of the world then it would serve her better.

Besides that criticism (sorry if it's a bit long-winded), the "Your Body" video is still a bit of a hot mess. Yes she looked pretty in many of those shots but I stopped giving a shit about "pretty" once Lady Gaga made bleeding to death on stage cool. The whole video was resting on her looking bubbly and cute while being surrounded by confetti and loud colors but that all goes back to the fact that she never is cute to me. It's always a presentation in pretty for her and it's embarrassing to watch. Also the ending made no sense, but that's fine. I went out last night and within the span of 3 hours that I was there, "Your Body" got played 3 times. I think it'll have a steady climb to massive popularity if she plays her cards right but we'll see. At this point I'm ready for single #2 and I'm hoping that the song will be a valued addition to her portfolio and not just an example in "catching up."

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
A club that plays Your Body three times in one night?

i2u4Chuo4D0dA.gif

[edit]Speaking of which, there's still no official way to listen to Your Body in the UK. What kind of negative promo?

[edit2]Weirdly, you can watch the video on YouTube just fine if you follow a link to it but it doesn't appear if you search for it? Wat.

Heya, Soulscribe!
i69JOzdzycgpV.gif

Sorry, I'm late to the "Your Body" music video discussion, assuming there was any. Here's my two-cents on the video and Christina's sitcha-ation at the moment:

First of all I think that a lot of people are taking notice of her return to music, a lot more than I had thought would notice or care to. I think The Voice has done of a good job of keeping her name present in the pop culture vernacular so I think that's a good thing. The issue that I've always had with Christina Aguilera (among some others) is the way she presents herself personality-wise. On The Voice she treads the line of smugness pretty successfully, and I think a lot of people see her as a bit snobbish, cold, unappealing. Her personality is obviously the opposite of endearing and she seems to insist on putting on a face that almost always comes off as calculated, and reeking of vanity.

The music video for "Your Body" reminded me of that "swagger" she plays up when she's singing about something even remotely sexual or enticing. The sideways glances, mouth half-open, slightly raised brow with pursed lips and clenched cheeks. It's actually quite insufferable to watch. God knows I love the woman for that golden voice and the songs under her belt that have honestly changed my life growing up, but her particular brand of smugness that she insists on putting on during music videos or performances come off as so so so so fake to me. And I know that every mannerism she uses is so calculated because no person can just have those kinds of expressions be candid. There's just no way. I think she's obsessed with that sensation of being a buxom bombshell and having the world clammer over her looks that she plays it up. It could be done pseudo-sarcastically but she does it too much and often for me to believe it. Christina Aguilera is just straight-up unlikable. It makes it hard for people to root for her success when that icy demeanor becomes a saboteur. I feel like if she made an effort to let go of some of that control and let herself be herself in front of the world then it would serve her better.

Besides that criticism (sorry if it's a bit long-winded), the "Your Body" video is still a bit of a hot mess. Yes she looked pretty in many of those shots but I stopped giving a shit about "pretty" once Lady Gaga made bleeding to death on stage cool. The whole video was resting on her looking bubbly and cute while being surrounded by confetti and loud colors but that all goes back to the fact that she never is cute to me. It's always a presentation in pretty for her and it's embarrassing to watch. Also the ending made no sense, but that's fine. I went out last night and within the span of 3 hours that I was there, "Your Body" got played 3 times. I think it'll have a steady climb to massive popularity if she plays her cards right but we'll see. At this point I'm ready for single #2 and I'm hoping that the song will be a valued addition to her portfolio and not just an example in "catching up."

i1SmwOS6yRHgx.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom