• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

14 YEARS AGO Baby One More Time was unleashed onto the pop world and with it the birth of the BRITNEY SPEARS, the biggest POP FORCE of the 2000's *.*

baby_one_more_time_song.jpg

Give praise to the ICONIC single and its ICONIC POP STAR.

Koodo

Banned
14 YEARS AGO Baby One More Time was unleashed onto the pop world and with it the birth of the BRITNEY SPEARS, the biggest POP FORCE of the 2000's *.*

14 YEARS since the industry was changed forever.

iMZoJtrX1Uojb.gif

Let us wish upon this anniversary that any future endeavour is devoid of shit.i.am.

Kyon

Banned
The past two pages are NAWT happening right now... Smh

Y'all are lucky I've been keeping it cute this whole time.

royalan

The most flawless Pop debut of all time. The song still holds up. A lot of Pop from that era is really timeless, tbh...but BOMT really stands alone.

JNfT9.gif

True story: I went to the middle school (Mark Twain Middle!) that feeds into the High School (Venice High) that video was shot at, and almost went there, but my family moved across town.

GaTmb.gif

royalan

If there were ever any proof that Grammys are worthless, that pic of Bruises speaks volumes.

Sure, they're useless NOW. Not so much back then.

Like with so many things, it's really only been with the birth of the digital era that the Grammys have gone to pot.

3phemeral

Speaking of Xtina, and the Your Body video... did anyone else find her USA outfit to be incredible? The scenes where she wore it were so HOT.

icEiBjHuE6CMs.gif

That's her best look from the video. Stunning.

Until you see how drastically they edited those frames to cinch her waist

royalan

Flop opinion, tbh.

You will not shade the song that sparked the pop explosion of the late 90s early 2000s, gave birth to most of our faves, ushered in an new era of Swedish Pop production, started the career of one of the top artists of all time, redefined the music video for a new era, brought back the pigtail, re-energized the concept of polished choreography in a music video in a way that hadn't been done since Janet began to flop and has been poorly imitated by scores of lessers since, and had the media and Middle America simultaneously pressed and horny.

No, you will not do that. What you will do, though, is sit.

Mau ®

Flop opinion, tbh.

You will not shade the song that sparked the pop explosion of the late 90s early 2000s, gave birth to most of our faves, ushered in an new era of Swedish Pop production, started the career of one of the top artists of all time, redefined the music video for a new era, brought back the pigtail, re-energized the concept of polished choreography in a music video in a way that hadn't been done since Janet began to flop and has been poorly imitated by scores of lessers since, and had the media and Middle America simultaneously pressed and horny.

tumblr_lthg3o2zjN1ql141xo1_500.gif

Flop opinion, tbh.

ibnCrbHTljCc8K.gif

Who are you now?

Will someone please put the Little Cum$hot in its place

royalan

Listing Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston albums. Trying to get Dat Mod Support for your flop opinion, I see. ;)

But do you understand what I'm saying? I'm not talking about whole albums. I'm talking a single song. And there are very few single songs out there that had such a visible impact on their genre and the music industry as a whole. I'm not arguing the album because, honestly, I didn't start stanning Britney albums until around the In The Zone-Blackout eras. But as a song, BOMT really DID change Pop. It really was that flawless.

And LOL @ Lily Allen.

Artemisia

Banned
Listing Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston albums. Trying to get Dat Mod Support for your flop opinion, I see. ;)

But do you understand what I'm saying? I'm not talking about whole albums. I'm talking a single song. And there are very few single songs out there that had such a visible impact on their genre and the music industry as a whole. I'm not arguing the album because, honestly, I didn't start stanning Britney albums until around the In The Zone-Blackout eras. But as a song, BOMT really DID change Pop. It really was that flawless.

And LOL @ Lily Allen.

Of course BOMT changed things, was iconic, left a legacy, started careers and all that jazz. If we were arguing that then I would have no choice but to agree with you completely. I was simply talking about the quality of the album itself and that it isn't half as good as her later work, and wasn't as good as the albums I listen.

And Alright, Still was fucking awesome ;_;

Mau ®

Of course BOMT changed things, was iconic, left a legacy, started careers and all that jazz. If we were arguing that then I would have no choice but to agree with you completely. I was simply talking about the quality of the album itself and that it isn't half as good as her later work, and wasn't as good as the albums I listen.

And Alright, Still was fucking awesome ;_;

But nobody was fonting the album lol

Trigger

What a mess this page is tbh.

I'm slowly losing the will to resist Die Young. It's just too poppy and simple to truly hate. My initial meh impression is fading. I'm at least happy to see I'm not the only one.

So uhh... I don't really listen to pop music, but I just heard really new great song on the radio by this artist, Psy called "Gangnam Style."

Then I heard he's like #1 in the WHOLE WORLD.

If he's #1 in the WHOLE WORLD, then why isn't he on the front page of POP GAF's thread.

Is this thread harboring lookism against Psy?

1dESX.jpg

DMeisterJ

Banned
So uhh... I don't really listen to pop music, but I just heard really new great song on the radio by this artist, Psy called "Gangnam Style."

If he's #1 in the WHOLE WORLD, then why isn't he on the front page of POP GAF's thread.

Psy is K-Pop. Not welcome here.

K-Pop thread is --------> That way

Artemisia

Banned

1dESX.jpg

iyqpvEZbPjalk.gif

Koodo

Banned

1dESX.jpg
iyqpvEZbPjalk.gif

Ties

Banned

1dESX.jpg
iyqpvEZbPjalk.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Omg. I keep hearing Anything Could Happen because of that one commercial. Get dat promo Ellie. First Gaga, then Lana, and now Ellie. My faves are everywhere ;__;

1dESX.jpg

Nobody is really here for Psy, just Gangnam Style. The same can go for Carly Rae Jepsen. Call Me Maybe is a catchy song but hew bought her album
bhuHH.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom