• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mgtmeek1C41rk6lsuo2_500.png

And I never saw you coming
And I’ll never be the same
oh oh oh oh oh oh-whoa
♫

Protect me Zayn

He is flawless on so many levels. This pic makes me question my allegiance to Queen Louis.

I dont like his new hair style, but he is still flawless

his Quiff tho >>>

waits for Waffles to tell me I'm wrong

You don't need me to tell you that you are wrong. Skunk Zayn can stay OT3.

OMG, Waffles is making a comeback? Hell to the yes!

<3

exactly how i feel *.*

if gaga has a BTW level mess again, i will have to believe that she peaked. ;____;

Yeah. Honestly for me I was there for the glamour of The Fame era. Being so Chic and shocking at the same.

BTW Gaga was just trashy and shocking.......not nearly as effective for me.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
it all hinges on the ARTPOP era tbh

I'm starting to believe you are not even a Gaga stan
Gaga doesnt have 20 good songs
Little Monsters are awful
BTW sucked

you are probably one of those Madge stans that like to act like a monster to make the fanbase look bad

you are being watched from now on
ibdbc19BZcnuP6.gif

BTW sucked

you are probably one of those Madge stans that like to act like a monster to make the fanbase look bad

ibdbc19BZcnuP6.gif

Giving me a Bladenic/Ke$ha tease.

ipQcC95x0D30h.gif

Koodo

Banned
BTW sucked

ibdbc19BZcnuP6.gif
Keep ha on notice. GAGAF has a pedigree to maintain and won't be accepting any bloody clit like other stanbases.

ibc7G4hubkF08I.gif

Mumei

I think that's a really cynical way of looking at it, considering there are plenty of female pop stars who have a reached a level of success comparable to Beyonce's (or even greater than) who have either not had to sex up their image, or have done so without compromising and contradicting themselves to the almost comical degree Beyonce now has with this GQ article. I mean, we're talking about more than just a little makeup here.

Who are these people who have done this feat in the last 15 years? Adele? Maybe Taylor (I have no receipts for whether this is accurate)?
I think the principle remains the same (and this is something feminism has historically struggled with; how do you choose to navigate between what is and what you'd like to be and how this affects the personal choices you make with regards to how you choose to present yourself); in both cases the hypothetical feminist and Beyonce are making compromises.

At what point does it stop being swept under the rug as "poor brave Beyonce doing what she has to do to operate under the harsh conditions set by the patriarchy!" and start being accepted for what it most likely is: Beyonce maneuvering for her own success and gain with little thought paid to consistency or scruples? I mean, if it were just her sexy image under the microscope I could see the reason for wanting to give her to benefit of the doubt, but this is but one strand of many in the giant weave of hypocrisy known as Beyonce Knowles.

I don't think there's any "poor brave Beyonce"; I think this is true for every woman who does this. And I don't think that Beyonce is scrupulous; she's a thief. But I don't think using this particular incident against her is worthwhile.

nice to meet you, waffles

iRiNwSTyjvOvG.gif

oh and robido

iRiNwSTyjvOvG.gif

I haven't seen you around.

Welcome~

Keep ha on notice. GAGAF has a pedigree to maintain and won't be accepting any bloody clit like other stanbases.

ibc7G4hubkF08I.gif

Is Gaga post-menopausal now?

Fey

Banned
BTW sucked

ibdbc19BZcnuP6.gif

i suppose i should be kept on watch. ARTPOP will either cleanse my brain from BTW or make it worse. *.*

but just some things i'd like to say concerning those things i said ...

as i see it, gaga has 2 full length albums, each of which has ~4 good songs, and an 8-track EP where 5-6 songs are amazing (though it's all good). i don't blame gaga for not having 20 good songs since she's only ~4-5 years into her career.

i don't have to like gaga stans to like gaga.

and BTW sucked. overproduced, overhyped, over everything. everything from the album cover to the videos to the fashion was disappointing. complete opposite of her previous eras.

and the fanbase doesn't need me to look bad.

and hi, mumei! i forgot we haven't met yet. nice to meet you!

Good Lady Gaga songs:

Marry the Night
Born This Way
Government Hooker
Schiesse
Bloody Mary
Heavy Metal Lover
The Edge of Glory
Bad Romance
Alejandro
Monster
Speechless
Dance in the Dark
Telephone
So Happy I Could Die
Teeth
Just Dance
Paparazzi
Poker Face
Paper Gangsta
Again, Again

Exactly 20! Imagine that.

Oh, I like Reloaded too, but that's a leaked song. So.

Fey

Banned
Indeed.

How did you come by GAF?

my brothers have/used to have accounts a while ago (don't know if they still come here or not) and it wasn't until ~a year ago that i realized that this was a great place to keep up with gaming news and see reasonable/intelligent discussions about them rather than the comments off other gaming sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom