• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partition

Banned
Wouldn't gaga hint or inform the LMs if she were about to release something? And Beyonce doesn't debut songs like that, afaik.

I have a feeling this era will be about surprises.

Anyway there was the theory that she would announce something on the 22nd anyway (it was the MSG date).

SaintZ

But that's a couple of days old. The day in question would be Feb 27th and like I said before it has to be either Beyoncé or Avril leaning towards latter since that's Girlfriend's 6th Anniversary.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
It wont be Gaga (since she is broken atm and wouldnt let her lead single go without a grandiose performance), Bey maybe since her album is due by April. It could also be Avril

but for now I am still going to say its Demi
i4gAig0J2ruSo.gif

Partition

Banned
It wont be Gaga (since she is broken atm and wouldnt let her lead single go without a grandiose performance), Bey maybe since her album is due by April. It could also be Avril

but for now I am still going to say its Demi
i4gAig0J2ruSo.gif

Bad Romance or Just Dance didn't have grandoise performances sis

Artemisia

Banned
Didn't Gaga say she wanted to rerecord vocals for all songs on ARTPOP once the tour was over? I don't think her injury would make her change those plans, and I don't think she would have had the vocals rerecorded, mixed and all that and ready for radio so soon.

Partition

Banned
Didn't Gaga say she wanted to rerecord vocals for all songs on ARTPOP once the tour was over? I don't think her injury would make her change those plans, and I don't think she would have had the vocals rerecorded, mixed and all that and ready for radio so soon.

Singles are typically finished before the rest of the album though. She had EOG, Hair, BTW, and Judas all finished while she was still working on the rest of the album

I'm really hoping for Beyonce. It seems to make the most sense considering how quiet it is on her front. Gaga I'm sure would have made some reference on her Twitter or LM.com, though it's possible that she wants to surprise. Not counting on that though.

Who's to say it isn't Britney though? Coz Demi Lovato certainly isn't "BIG" nor is she a "pop leading lady." Unless Ryan's just playing her up since they're network buddies.

Trigger

I'm really hoping for Beyonce. It seems to make the most sense considering how quiet it is on her front. Gaga I'm sure would have made some reference on her Twitter or LM.com, though it's possible that she wants to surprise. Not counting on that though.

Who's to say it isn't Britney though? Coz Demi Lovato certainly isn't "BIG" nor is she a "pop leading lady." Unless Ryan's just playing her up since they're network buddies.

I wouldn't put it past him.

I think Wafflecakes died so:

Lol the long weekend just threw off my sleep patterns to the point where there was no way I would be awake in the morning to post them. Oh well.

12. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 94.201 (+0.676)

P!NK needs to decline faster. Kelly is nearing 100 million but its not too long before PLU hits and I NEED it to go top 10.

Trigger

Add a month to that.

I mean, have we even heard the song yet? Yet her ass was real quicK to boggard her way onto someone else's track.

A damn mess. I done been out of patience for this cunt.

Her harlem shake remix is slaying me tho. I want to quit ha, but I still have hope.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Kelly Clarkson said:
So I just heard Clive Davis is releasing a memoir and spreading false information about me and my music. I refuse to be bullied and I just have to clear up his memory lapses and misinformation for myself and for my fans. It feels like a violation. Growing up is awesome because you learn you don't have to cower to anyone - even Clive Davis.

First, he says I burst into "hysterical sobbing" in his office when he demanded Since You Been Gone be on my album. Not true at all. His stories and songs are mixed up. I did want more guitars added to the original demo and Clive did not. Max, Luke and I still fought for the bigger sound and we prevailed and I couldn't be more proud of the life of that song. I resent him dampening that song in any way.

But, yes, I did cry in his office once. I cried after I played him a song I had written about my life called "Because Of You." I cried because he hated it and told me verbatim that I was a "sh*tty writer who should be grateful for the gifts that he bestows upon me." He continued on about how the song didn't rhyme and how I should just shut up and sing. This was devastating coming from a man who I, as a young girl, considered a musical hero and was so honored to work with.
But I continued to fight for the song and the label relented. And it became a worldwide hit. He didn't include that in the book.

He also goes on to say My December wasn't successful because I co-penned the album and it didn't have "pop hits". Well, first let me say, I've co-penned many of my "pop hits." Secondly, My December went platinum (It sold 20,000 less than All I Ever Wanted which followed My December.) Hardly a huge failure. Never Again, the ONLY single they released in the US from that record was a Top 10 hit. I am very proud of that and I have my fans to thank. But, again, what's most interesting about his story is what he leaves out: He doesn't mention how he stood up in front of his company at a convention and belittled me and my music and completely sabotaged the entire project. It never had a chance to reach it's full potential. My December was an album I needed to make for myself for many reasons and the fact that I was so completely disregarded and disrespected was so disheartening, there really aren't words to explain….

Anyway, I love my job. I love my music. I love my fans. I love my label and all of my professional relationships… now. And I am grateful for Clive for teaching me to know the difference.

Cheers to another amazing year! And, as always, thanks for listening!

KC

http://www.whosay.com/kellyclarkson/content/515466?wsref=tw&code=GLO5cY7

Hahaha. I love it. Who really cares about Clive Davis anymore anyway? I especially don't care that he just came out as bisexual and that he's in a relationship with a man. Ugh. He's a fossil and needs to go down into the earth.

Thank you for Whitney, Mr. Davis, but your time has passed.

royalan

http://www.whosay.com/kellyclarkson/content/515466?wsref=tw&code=GLO5cY7

Hahaha. I love it. Who really cares about Clive Davis anymore anyway? I especially don't care that he just came out as bisexual and that he's in a relationship with a man. Ugh. He's a fossil and needs to go down into the earth.

Thank you for Whitney, Mr. Davis, but your time has passed.

YAS!! Douse that hack in the searing hot premium jasmine chai of TRUTH!

I love when Kelly goes IN on the industry. She does noT hold bacK.

Shit about to hit the fan.

Here's a quote from Clive's memoir: "An artist as unique and individual as Alicia Keys will not be found on American Idol".

DMeisterJ

Banned
nnnn I might have to stan for Kelly. She reminds me of a certain other pop star who isn't afraid to #ClapBack. I remember the 'My December' fiasco and felt really bad for her that era, but I do agree sometimes an artist does have to put out an album 'just for them', and usually it produces some of their best work (like Rihanna with Rated R).

Reminds me of when Kelly went in on someone from Taylor's camp who dragged Idol after Taylor gave a terrible performance.

Wow …..Dear Scott Borchetta,

I understand defending your artist obviously because I have done the same in the past for artists I like, including Taylor, so you might see why its upsetting to read you attacking American Idol for producing simply vocalists that hit ‘the high notes’. Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well. Every artist has a bad performance or two and that is understandable, but throwing blame will not make the situation at hand any better. I have been criticized left and right for having shaky performances before (and they were shaky) and what my manager or label executives say to me and the public is “I’ll kick butt next time” or “every performance isn’t going to be perfect” ……I bring this up because you should take a lesson from these people and instead of lashing out at other artists (that in your ‘humble’ opinion lack true artistry), you should simply take a breath and realize that sometimes things won’t go according to plan or work out and that’s okay.

Sincerely,

One of those contestants from American Idol who only made it because of her high notes

Artemisia

Banned

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
My December is actually one of my favorite Kelly albums. Fuck Clive if he really did all that.
If? There's no if, sir. Haha. It was public knowledge back then that Clive was sabotaging that album, and it honestly shows IMO. I love My December. "Maybe" is one of my favorite songs of hers, and "Sober" is near perfection. But some of the songs on the album almost sound like studio demos, not finalized full-produced recordings. He didn't want that album out, he trashed Kelly (didn't he do it publicly live on the Idol finale that year? gave all the praise to Carrie Underwood instead), and that amazing CD suffered because of it.

Thankfully she said "Fuck it" for the most part during AIEW-era ("Halo" controversy aside), started to have some more fun, and got what she wanted with Stronger. I can't wait to see what's next.

From Pulse Music Board:

"Clive also talks about Already Gone being written before Halo (which I believe Ryan Tedder has said it was the opposite), and being written mainly by Ryan Tedder before Kelly re-wrote it and turned it into a "bitter" song. Then Clive asked him to go back to the original because he liked it better. Tedder and Kelly have stated that Kelly wrote the majority of the song on her own and Tedder only provided the track to it more or less. Who knows what to believe there, but of course he gloats over Kelly failing to stop its release and it going on to be "a very big hit single."

Oh, and he says Kelly "hated" SUBG and BTHE and really wanted both songs off the album. Is he aware that Kelly co-wrote the latter? "

"Kelly has 70% writing credit on "Already Gone" according to ASCAP, if I remember correctly. That just shows how he straight-up lied.. "

"Another thing from the book he says that really stands out - when defending the reason for keeping SUBG and BTHE on the album (a decision of which we have no proof of Kelly fighting), Clive says he told Kelly that Max and Luke are "one of the world's top producing teams"...they hadn't produced any songs together before Kelly. Max hadn't had a hit since the bubblegum pop phase died out 4 years earlier and Luke was a guitarist on Saturday Night Live or something. They were hardly the big hitmakers of the time, it was only AFTER those two songs that they turned into what they are today."

What a piece of shit. Thank fuck he got demoted after December-gate . *.*

Beyonce's HBO Doc Pulls 1.8 Million Viewers

Hollywood Reporter/Beyonce's Facebook Page said:
The Saturday night film is the cable network's most-watched documentary effort in nearly 10 years.

Beyonce proved a huge draw for HBO on Saturday night.

The intimate documentary about the singer, Beyonce: Life Is but a Dream, pulled 1.8 million viewers during its inaugural outing at 9 p.m. ET. It's the largest audience for a HBO doc since Nielsen revised its method of measuring viewership in 2004.

PHOTOS: Beyonce Performs at the Super Bowl

The only other documentary to approach Beyonce's haul was previous record holder When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts. The Spike Lee miniseries about the devastation caused to New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina earned 1.7 million viewers in 2006.

Life Is but a Dream's handsome haul pulled three times the ratings of recent first-runs for HBO's Sunday series Girls.

Original link: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-beyonces-hbo-doc-422398

Only the queen. Not to mention that documentary was fucking great. All you silly hoes can keep your Beynis Envy to a minimum. Queen Bey's getting ready to sting 2013 and your allegeric faves.

Beyonce's HBO Doc Pulls 1.8 Million Viewers

Original link: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-beyonces-hbo-doc-422398

Only the queen. Not to mention that documentary was fucking great. All you silly hoes can keep your Beynis Envy to a minimum. Queen Bey's getting ready to sting 2013 and your allegeric faves.

Yeah no, it wasn't.

I don't take anything away from the impressive ratings which do prove that the public IS there for Bey on some level. However, Bey's stans even admit that she is a private person, and even if that is true and it lacked content as a result that does not make the documentary good. The best doc's tell us things we didn't already know and the subject of the doc is shown openly and honestly. That did not happen here. I can think of NO measure by which the documentary was "great".

To be clear I am not calling it bad either, but documentaries are a different beast and there are objective measures of quality that they can be held to.

Trigger

If? There's no if, sir. Haha. It was public knowledge back then that Clive was sabotaging that album, and it honestly shows IMO. I love My December. "Maybe" is one of my favorite songs of hers, and "Sober" is near perfection. But some of the songs on the album almost sound like studio demos, not finalized full-produced recordings. He didn't want that album out, he trashed Kelly (didn't he do it publicly live on the Idol finale that year? gave all the praise to Carrie Underwood instead), and that amazing CD suffered because of it.

Thankfully she said "Fuck it" for the most part during AIEW-era ("Halo" controversy aside), started to have some more fun, and got what she wanted with Stronger. I can't wait to see what's next.

lol, I was trying to give him the benefit of a doubt. I just struggle to picture someone being so mean. Kelly is such a sweetheart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom