• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

I still haven't listened to the new Messiah single.

Currently moving to a new house and I just got a new dog. So time consuming. And I can only do browsing via mobile. My new inet connection has to be set up.

But I will listen to it soon.

Artemisia

Banned
Never said they were unique or refreshing. I like them and their music. Why is that hard to understand?

QrEzM.png

I can only speak for myself but I really do enjoy their music. I had been aware of them for a long time (they had been all over the web for a long time before they "made it" in the US), and while I was interested I was hardly a fan.

Saw some people here on Neogaf discussing them as their second album was about to release so I purchased their first one on a whim, then their second. I REALLY enjoyed them and they kind of kindled my love for unashamedly "young" music. Its not pretentious BS, its just young people singing music for other young people.....I found it refreshing and they really do have a unique sound. Plus I watched a number of interviews and I just like them as people as well
Which is a prerequisite for me to become a fan

While I am sure their looks don't hurt, there are PLENTY of attractive people out there in the pop industry, and I wouldn't be a fan if I didn't also like their music.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

QrEzM.png

A group of young men singing pop music with lyrics written to pander to younger girls.

How... refreshing.

Lol you caught me before my edit.

The quote you first responded to was specifically referring to their personalities and they themselves as people. As people they are fair generic (though very nice) which is what I was referring to.

When JUST talking about their music/sound its another discussion. Whether you think they are disposable or not they DO have a very distinct sound which is VERY different than the sound of past or current boy bands. This is simple fact...... it is not hard at all to pick out a 1D song. The honest way the approach music, not PRETENDING to be sophisticated, or pandering to dance/rhythmic/urban/etc radio crossover IS refreshing. They are not trying to be something that they are not.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
QrEzM.png

A group of young men singing pop music with lyrics written to pander to younger girls.

How... refreshing.

you seem to be clinging to 1D just to get a rise out of someone

worry less about their music and worry more about locating Kimbra, M.I.A, the Ghoul and any other flop you stan for on any chart or better yet whether they still have a music career

il0d2UoCk7XvR.gif

Artemisia

Banned

worry less about their music and worry more about locating Kimbra, M.I.A, the Ghoul and any other flop you stan for on any chart or better yet whether they still have a music career

il0d2UoCk7XvR.gif

77 Ellie Goulding - Anything Could Happen

ec20fb7f.gif

idek why people are even responding to Arte. All she wants is the attention and to instigate.

Did I lie?

funny coming from you

ii7Dt3WcLcvgX.gif

Koodo

Banned

il0d2UoCk7XvR.gif
What are you talking about? Kimbra's last album had eight TOP 5 hits.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Stefan™;47943305 said:
Altering the lyrics to fit with the occasion reminds you of that? I see. She did the same thing for her Mean performance in 2012.

The shameless slut-shaming.

ibyKL6lKwolQeB.gif

..... coming off singing We Are Never Getting Back Together while torturing a guy like if he has her boy toy and then topping it off by trying to do her Harry impersonation does not remind you of that?

Because everyone got the memo except for the Taylor stans

ibj4dPFMTCjQnd.gif

Styles

..... coming off singing We Are Never Getting Back Together while torturing a guy like if he has her boy toy and then topping it off by trying to do her Harry impersonation does not remind you of that?

Because everyone got the memo except for the Taylor stans

ibj4dPFMTCjQnd.gif

It certainly didn't remind me of "opening her legs up for several guys".

ibyKL6lKwolQeB.gif

Stefan™;47944167 said:
It certainly didn't remind me of "opening her legs up for several guys".

Don't listen to Marius....he loves Taylor lol.

Though obviously her live performance skills leave something to be desired.

Mau ®

It's a good thing Bey is still the owner of vague, immeasurable attributes like "Iconic" and "Legacy" because she most certainly can't attract real hard metrics these days...

ii7Dt3WcLcvgX.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I wonder if we will get an Alicia Keys/Blackberry moment, maybe Sony decided to upgrade Tayloose from cameras to game consoles

Edit: oh he is here.... I'll wait

Koodo

Banned
It's a good thing Bey is still the owner of vague, immeasurable attributes like "Iconicness" and "Legacy" because she most certainly can't attract real hard metrics these days...
I'm glad the real Shakira is coming back this year. The fraud in the Carter household will have nowhere to hide.

ii7Dt3WcLcvgX.gif

Mau ®

I'm glad the real Shakira is coming back this year. The fraud in the Carter household will have nowhere to hide.

ii7Dt3WcLcvgX.gif

Can you imagine a Shakira documentary sis?

Shakira dancing *.*

Shakira being a flawless humanitarian out of passion (not out of branding) *.*

Sneak Peeks at Pique *.*

Shakira being a mother *.*

Shakira in the studio *.*

Shakira talking *.*

Poor Bey

ii7Dt3WcLcvgX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom