• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible boxart for Kinect

Pooya

kinectbox2khcf.jpg

kinectbox1nh4l.jpg

kotaku

MYE

Those solid green waves look really ugly. They use them on the new boxarts too right?

yuk

I like how they have kinect along the top of the box but also feel the need to stick a huge purple square box on the cover telling you that you need kinect, you know in case you don't realise you need kinect to play a kinect game.

Jay Sosa

The colorscheme is horrible, the games seem to be pretty cheap though.

EDIT: Stupid Dharma cow

No offense

Cold-Steel said:
Is it just me or does the size of Kinect itself look physically huge?
The camera is very long, i'll give it a year before they release a half sized version in green or something.

Suzzopher

Diablohead said:
The camera is very long, i'll give it a year before they release a half sized version in green or something.

A year? They took almost five years to put the 360 on a diet:lol

Pooya

So Kinect games come in purple boxes not just with purple header in green boxes, that's news to me :lol , and look how those two kids are playing while standing and their parents are sitting and watching.... :lol

Kurtofan

miladesn said:
So Kinect games come in purple boxes not just just with purple header in green boxes, that's news to me :lol , and look how those two kids are playing while standing and their parents are sitting and watching.... :lol
I never understood this.
My parents never cared about my videogames and they never watched me playing.
Plus I hate when someone is watching me playing.

beelzebozo said:
i'm also the couch!

...and there goes my tea, all over the desk :lol

I'm actually a bit disappointed by how generic the marketing material here is - it really does look like every other bit of Wii dross out there, and it lacks the identity of the "Wii X" line.

I would have thought that Microsoft would have gone all the way and lifted the Miis + clean design route for the promo material, using Avatars instead. At least rip off the best, and not the stuff you see on the cover of the cheap knockoffs.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Controller free gaming should define and revolutionise packaging and come in nothing.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
beelzebozo said:
nonono, don't sit down, kinect malfuuuuu--

Fuck you Kinect, you're supposed to refer to me as Batman :mad:

glaurung said:
I still think the hardware itself looks freakishly ugly.

No box art can remedy that.

I don't think the hardware looks bad tbh.

But that box art definitely does, largely due to those fugly green waves.

Combichristoffersen said:
But that box art definitely does, largely due to those fugly green waves.

I love the green and purple waves, especially the purple part since it reminds me of Milka chocolate. I'm not too crazy about the gray waves on the bundle box, however.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
to avoid criticisms about the size and appearance of the sensor, they should have created a secondary sensor that could anticipate the sensing of the primary sensor, eliminating the need for that sensor altogether.

it IS the sensor.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
"You are the controller."

Wow. Not sure I like that tagline. I mean, it was fine as one line among many others during the E3 2009 and 2010 presentations, but I didn't think they'd actually use it as a slogan. I can't put my finger on what I don't like about it. Might be the fact that it sounds like technology advocacy under the pretence of being about the consumer experience.

Also, I couldn't care less about the green/purple waves considering that the system is butt ugly anyway unless you like Alienware design.

glaurung said:
I still think the hardware itself looks freakishly ugly.

No box art can remedy that.
Every time I see that Kinect unit I think of this:

geico_eyeball_money2.jpg

Although to be fair, most of gaming as a whole reminds me of the same thing nowadays.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK... the design!

1 - the waves look like something a 1st year design student would do. Utterly prosaic.

2 - The purple is fucking disgusting

CryptiK

It can Kinect with my foot out the window..

The price on this thing in Australia is going to be ridiculous.

Top Bottom