• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #1 |Hofstra University| PRESS X TO SEAN

Who won the debate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

Banned
You know there was so much shit in the debate that it's just now fully sinking in:

A presidential candidate of the United States said that blowing up another nation's ship would not result in a war and that's the right way to deal with Iran.

Am I tripping? That actually happened in relation to the Iran question, right?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
No one forget that the fraternal order of police are backing Trump.

"They just announced today, just got that delivered to Trump tower today."

Couldn't even tell the truth about a positive. This happened very publicly last week.

He can't not lie.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent debate from Clinton tonight. Can't wait for the other debate.

As far as liberal candidates go I would argue that Jill Stein holds that position a bit better.

Fuck no. Any candidate who thinks or whose party thinks that vaccines cause autism and that wi-fi causes brain tumors is not one to hold any position better.

I'd say he was "rattled" but did not become "unhinged." IMO Hillary didn't knock him out. But she won.

Halfway through he went on a non-sequitur about having a good temperament and 10 minutes later he bragged about having the "restraint" not to bring up Bill's infidelity before whining about how Hillary is too mean to him.

USC-fan

Banned
So what do people think about Hillary's policies?

Or is how much she smiled the only thing they can complain about?

policies dont matter this election. Its all about emails, tax returns and who started the birther.

At least going by all the talk on the network. smh

kvothe

I liked how he called out the other countries in NATO for "not paying their dues" when earlier in the debate he admitted to not paying federal taxes.

Gattsu25

Banned
I didn't watch it, but looking at summaries makes it look like Holt did a good job calling him out on BD (Iraq, taxes), without seeming bias. Dude did his job, basically.

Yeah, Holt did a great job of letting the candidates speak without letting them get too out of pocket and asking some tough questions that they didn't want to answer. He did his thankless job.

depths20XX

You know there was so much shit in the debate that it's just now fully sinking in:

A presidential candidate of the United States said that blowing up another nation's ship would not result in a war and that's the right way to deal with Iran.

Am I tripping? That actually happened in relation to the Iran question, right?

Exactly. Seems a lot of people missed that.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
gj Hofstra

NMOPtou.jpg

Professional to a tea.

"They just announced today, just got that delivered to Trump tower today."

Couldn't even tell the truth about a positive. This happened very publicly last week.

He can't not lie.
I kid you not, in the spin room afterwards he denied that he had said, in the last hour, that paying no tax was a "smart" thing to do.

Brakke

Banned
Trump overall is just the canary in the mineshaft. His rise is a sign of what the average level of intelligence has drifted towards, aside even from his support among people who are literal white supremacists.

Dumb country with poorly educated population; conditioned to respond to celebrity and television status; goes hog wild for reality show host who represents the low-class perception of what wealth, strength, and power look like.

For someone who wants to set himself up as some superior intellect, you sure bungled the "canary in the coal mine" metaphor.

In the current political climate of rampant galvanisation, there's no way you look at these polling numbers and think it's good. No way. Each party should have at least a 37.5% guaranteed base.

The two moments that stuck with me:

"She deserved it."

Trump's very loud "ughhh" after Hillary brought up African American communities or something.

Overall, as a non-American gaffer, I thought Hillary easily won this. Trump brought a lot of energy at the start, but fell apart a third into the debate. Hillary was in control most of the time and she let him destroy himself which was a perfect strategy.
ikr!? it was like he was going "Here she goes again with the 'blacks can be productive' bit" like wth
fuck Drumpf

Exile20

This assumes that Ford shouldn't build the Small Car plant in America. Then there would be a large net positive job impact in America.

[Not that I'm a Trump supporter or would vote for him]

Trump didn't word it that way. That is the problem i have with what he said.

SolKane

These Trump shills on CNN keep bringing up the fact that Hillary prepared for the debate. That's like calling out the kid who gets an A on the test for studying too hard instead of hotboxing outside the Dairy Queen with the kids in the back of the class.

Eidan

I'm not an American but a thought just popped into my head.

If Hilary wins the election, then would this be the first time (ever?) that a Husband and Wife were elected president of the same country in separate instances?
Argentina and the Kirchners.

Armaros

She does not believe that vaccines cause autism.
I can see people construing her words to seem as if she panders to anti-vac people, however she definitely does not believe that vaccines cause autism.

GOP Politicans might not believe their dog whistles

But they are dog whistles all the same, And she most definitely dog whistles about vaccines like she was an anti-vaxxer, Stein rightly deserves to be racked over the coals for her vaccine talk.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
But that's the thing. One thing is what she has published on her platform, and another is what she is really into.

As anything, is not black or white, both have good proposals (Trump: US not being world police, Hillary. continuity on Obamacare) and bad proposals (Hillary: TPP, Trump: that freaking wall)

Okay so you're going to ignore his platform and pretend it's better than Hillary's with regard to white nationalism and all of the terrible shit associated with it.

Okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom