• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #1 |Hofstra University| PRESS X TO SEAN

Who won the debate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
gj Hofstra

NMOPtou.jpg
For a split second, I thought I was wrong on ll.

Krejlooc

Banned
Was Gennifer Flowers there?

No, that was the "almost really mean thing I did, but didn't do" that he bragged about. He clarified immediately after walking off stage to CNN, you see, that he was proud he didn't bring up bill clinton cheating on hillary.

Sapientas

I'm not for any illegal things advocated by Trump. It's the part where he said he doesn't want America to be interventionist/world police that I thought stood out.

Now risking an entire presidency on moving the US towards that? I clearly don't like him as a candidate so that's a no.
Oh, he said that? That's definitely a point I'm willing to agree.
However I remember him going on about the importance of having other countries pay the US for protection agaisnt terrorism, and that the US and their NATO should, as fast as possible, round up ISIS and obliterate them. These contradicts directly this point he brought up.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Hillary Clinton, patient, poised, and uninterrupting... waiting to deliver a well thought out, or well prepared counter-argument without losing her posture.

Donald Trump, babbling, constantly interrupting, constantly appearing agitated, BUT HE HAS BETTER TEMPERAMENT

Dai101

Banned
I never thought that Jesus cared about the United States as much as some in the nation believe he does but got no doubt he'd not approve of Trump.

Jesus cares much about the US, along with Jorge, Ernesto, Juan, Maria ....

You'd have to not know what a debate is to think trump is a good debater.

He isn't coherent, at all. How can you come to this conclusion? If debating is based on expressing ideas clearly, how has trump won that?

He just says loud things. Which works for our dumbass country, but this isn't a good debate.

Nah, I'm just saying that both are horrible candidates. Just give old Barack a third mandate and do a favor to the country

FOH

Not sure how the hell you came to that conclusion from the guy who literally said that he would bomb a foreign nation's fleet carrier if they didn't respect us and it wouldn't start a war, or that China should invade North Korea.

Just FYI, that guy you quoted is an israel apologist.

"The other candidate is just too prepared and too intelligent. We don't want someone like this running America."
-Trump supporter logic

FTFY

Davey Cakes

On the topic of Lester Holt, and moderation in general:

I feel like with every debate now, people call out the moderators for incompetence.

Honestly, what's the issue? The questions asked? The inability to completely cut off candidates after the specific time allotted?

Someone please clarify what moderators are actually supposed to do other than move things along and ask relevant questions. I have not seen a debate (Democratic nor Republican) since the beginning of the 2016 campaigns where the moderators weren't called out for not being pressing enough or doing their jobs correctly, except MAYBE Anderson Cooper.

His response on the Birther thing, oh he wanted to say he still doesn't believe it. It was right there. He just let it go because it was going to hurt him but admitting wrong completely short circuited him. I was getting extremely nervous before that but I saw it happen, the snap.

Brakke

Banned
GOP Politicans might not believe their dog whistles

But they are dog whistles all the same, And she most definitely dog whistles about vaccines like she was an anti-vaxxer, Stein rightly deserves to be racked over the coals for her vaccine talk.

You can criticize her pandering while also not saying untrue things.

I don't get people saying Trump started strong. Trump spoke in a manner that is undoubtedly Trump-like, but in no way is strong. He offered nothing new and in no way rebutted Hillary well.

Krejlooc

Banned
And where is this election happening again? I forgot. The local Bennetton store?

the guy was asking if this would be the first instance of a husband and wife sharing a presidency in the same country, which obviously means he's asking about more countries than just the united states.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Depressing - 27% lost to reason. That's the problem of basically having just two parties.

Just the Crazification factor
. True in 2007, true today.

John: Hey, Bush is now at 37% approval. I feel much less like Kevin McCarthy screaming in traffic. But I wonder what his base is --

Tyrone: 27%.

John: ... you said that immediately, and with some authority.

Tyrone: Obama vs. Alan Keyes. Keyes was from out of state, so you can eliminate any established political base; both candidates were black, so you can factor out racism; and Keyes was plainly, obviously, completely crazy. Batshit crazy. Head-trauma crazy. But 27% of the population of Illinois voted for him. They put party identification, personal prejudice, whatever ahead of rational judgement. Hell, even like 5% of Democrats voted for him. That's crazy behaviour. I think you have to assume a 27% Crazification Factor in any population.

John: Objectively crazy or crazy vis-a-vis my own inertial reference frame for rational behaviour? I mean, are you creating the Theory of Special Crazification or General Crazification?

Tyrone: Hadn't thought about it. Let's split the difference. Half just have worldviews which lead them to disagree with what you consider rationality even though they arrive at their positions through rational means, and the other half are the core of the Crazification -- either genuinely crazy; or so woefully misinformed about how the world works, the bases for their decision making is so flawed they may as well be crazy.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Good on Megan Kelly for flatout calling bullshit on Trump's lies about climate change.

border

ISIS was formed in 2001 or 2000, correct? I was disappointed that Clinton didn't call him out on that bullshit claim that the Iraq pullout resulted in the creation of ISIS.

You know there was so much shit in the debate that it's just now fully sinking in:

A presidential candidate of the United States said that blowing up another nation's ship would not result in a war and that's the right way to deal with Iran.

Am I tripping? That actually happened in relation to the Iran question, right?
We've taken out Iranian ships, oil platforms, missile positions and more over the past few decades. Iran started mining the gulf, leading to the US guarding Kuwaiti transports with some real shows of force and action. We've also aided Iraq in the Iran/Iraq war, and may have helped Israel with their malware attacks on Iran nuclear facilities.

I think its been a complicated relationship, but led has been shed and facilities blown to shit without breaking out into conventional war.

Not that Trump knows what he's talking about, but he just might be accidentally sortof right here, on some level ;p

Armaros

You can criticize her pandering while also not saying untrue things.

She parrots everything anti-vaxxers say but adds a 'i beleive that vaccines dont cause autism'

She doesn't get to talk from both ends. And appealing to Anti-vaxxers to her plateform makes her an anti-vaxxer in my book.

psaman17

Banned
What in the fuck are you honestly talking about?

That the people she was trying to sell her products to hated her because she smiled too much? And that her heavily criticized E3 performance led to her departure.

I have a hard time believing that the role of global chief marketing officer at a Kids Mexican chain was a better gig than being Nintendo's executive vice president of sales & marketing.

That the people she was trying to sell her products to hated her because she smiled too much? And that her heavily criticized E3 performance led to her departure.

I have a hard time believing that the role of global chief marketing officer at a Kids Mexican chain was a better gig than being Nintendo's executive vice president of sales & marketing.
Everyone hated everyone in that E3 press conference. Robbie Drums never showed up again either.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
the guy was asking if this would be the first instance of a husband and wife sharing a presidency in the same country, which obviously means he's asking about more countries than just the united states.

Sorry, thread was moving too fast - I was really replying to the many counter replies.

I BESEECH THEE

E3 performance June 2009
Left Nintendo in October 2010

Yep 2 years later.

Google Cammie Dunaway and look at the first 6,7 links and see how much people irrationally hated her.

She left Nintendo at their peak and joined a fuking Mexican Chain.

Her second E3 performance was 2009. The picture you posted was from 2008.

Its happened before. Remember this lady?

Rewinding-E3-Highlights-from-the-Electronic-Entertainment-Expo-Cammie-Dunaway.gif

She was fired right after E3 for being overly enthusiastic. Some people don't like that. It feels so forced.

2009 was a white outfit. She was on stage for an entire minute and a half that year. She was not fired "right after E3" by any stretch of the imagination.

Again, you actually have no idea what you're talking about. I know you think you hit on something big and everyone is crazy for not listening to you, but it's fine to label speculation as such and then bounce when you're in over your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom