• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Priebus has been fired as WH Chief of Staff, replaced by General John F Kelly

Bronx-Man

Banned
feels like Trump is cutting ties with the GOP and just being Trump Island
This is perfect if Rs in Congress just decide to drop all association with him next year. They would get crushed since party voters like Trump a helluva lot more than anyone else in the Republican party.

norm9

Still waiting for him to say, "You're fired." Come on you clown, say it!

the_simpsons_09.gif

Fercho

So the Mooch is a good guy now? or this is one of those "Alien vs Predator" situations? (Whoever wins... We lose)

So probably safe to assume the new Chief of Staff is probably just in a temporary position, and eventually The Mooch is going to rise to that position?
I know reports were that Mooch was angling for the job, but I don't know why Sec. Kelly would give up his position as head of DHS to be CoS for the White House to begin with, much less give up that position to be a temporary CoS.

Piggus

One of the people who replied to Trump posted this image which is maybe the most amazing quote regarding a book I've ever seen:

DF2ay2EUwAAzomp

That piece of shit book has been delayed many times over the last couple years and basically evolved from "liberals are bad because entitlements" to "liberals are literally Nazis."

The author is fucking nutter.

If this guy and spicy don't give interviews spilling everything about this administration then they have no fucking dignity at all.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
There is a good chance that Sessions will be made DHS head, to "preserve" his "dignity". Session's has been seen to focus on immigration, which the DHS head is also in control of. That would let Trump appoint a new AG, who would then fire Mueller.

Volphied

So is this the start of the war between Trump and the GOP?

Priebus was supposed to "control" Trump's worst behavior. Now Trump will be Trump 24/7. How much is the GOP fucked now?

Trojita

Kelly is such a weird fucking pick for Chief of Staff that this came entirely out of left field.

Shoeless

Mooch is in no way a good guy, but if he manages to somehow kick Bannon out I'll take it.

It would be hilarious of Bannon got the boot and somehow Giuliani got in. Then the inner circle, including family, is all just a bunch of elite New Yorkers, and Trump supporters will have to claim they always loved the coastal elites and wanted them to take power, not like those libtards who were dumb and always fought for the rustbelt.

Apdiddy

Having a general as a Chief of Staff is what you see in dictatorships or a tyrant. Scaramucci and his mountains of cocaine controlling the information and trying to get reporters to give up their sources is also scary.

Mueller better find something and soon before Trump does something that lots of people wonder he would do.

jelly

So is this the start of the war between Trump and the GOP?

Priebus was supposed to "control" Trump's worst behavior. Now Trump will be Trump 24/7. How much is the GOP fucked now?

If his base still vote R nothing really changes I suppose? The GOP hate Trump but they'll still work with him to push through evil plans.

Trojita

So does the GOP Civil war begin now? Trump is Iron Man since he's the billionaire, but who's Cap? McCain? Paul Ryan?

He's not a billionaire. He'd be an orange Iron Man wearing cardboard.

Oh, wasn't Iron Man originally all gold? lol

Kelly is such a weird fucking pick for Chief of Staff that this came entirely out of left field.

Well he's military, so I assume Trump thinks he can run the WH like a military brigade. He's also anti-media, so that's a plus.

It'll probably just move things closer to a fascist regime that conservatives and the GOP are in love with.

Top Bottom