• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Animated Trailer and Gameplay Revealed | Ubisoft Foward 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown – Pre-Order: https://princeofpersia.com/preorders

Coming soon on January 18, 2024.

Many dangers await Sargon on Mount Qaf.
Embark with him on an exciting journey, facing dangerous challenges along the way.
Immerse yourself in the action and discover your unique abilities.

About Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown:

Immerse yourself in an exciting and stylized action-adventure platform game set in a mythological Persian world, where you will have control over the limits of time and space.

Play as Sargon and rise from a prodigious sword wielder to an extraordinary legend, mastering acrobatic combat and unlocking new time powers and the most unique abilities.

FycFEyMaQAAM9wo

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

Hopefully we see some people getting their hands on it in the upcoming week.
I want to see footage where we don't cut to the action every 5 seconds.

KXVXII9X

This game has shot up my radar. I never played a PoP game before but know of the franchise. This looks like a really polished Metroidvania with a cool time mechanic and insane combo potential. I personally really like the style of this. You can tell it is being worked by Rayman Legends creative team. It has the super fluid and colorful feel to it. It is gorgeous! I also heard that the Ori Dev is doing the soundtrack. Could someone confirm that?

Soodanim

Gold Member
I never thought I'd see the day when Prince of Persia turned into Guacamelee. Not the worst thing in the world by any measure, but I certainly didn't see it coming.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Ya this is looking great. I knew it looked good even from the trailer.

Unfortunately I don't see this game selling well for them.
In a lot of ways they probably should have just made a new IP for this one.

Kurotri

This..actually looks quite good. Like seriously good. I wasn't too hot on it with the awful reveal but on repeated viewings and this presentation, I feel like this direction for PoP is pretty decent. Still not a fan of the hair cut though.

Unfortunately, that initial reveal has really damaged the game's chances of success. You can see the dislikes on this one as well, people have immediatelly gotten to "work" on this one. I can't say I can't blame them, after a very long period of people thinking the Prince will never return, they announce an awful looking SoT remake and now an actual new entry has us playing a 2.5D game with art design that people just don't really associate with the series. Couple that with rap music and the fact that you don't even play the Prince and you've got a desaster. Ubisoft should have properly thought the reveal and presentation of this game through. I feel kinda sad about this and the developers.

TLZ

Banned
Called it The Lost Clown in another thread. I want to say I was so wrong. I like what I just watched!

Duchess

When I first saw it at the Xbox event, I thought it looked very, very weak.

But that trailer yesterday, with the new combat and abilities, made me change my mind. It could well be a pretty decent game.

Top Bottom