• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS: Full car list revealed - 65 cars included on-disc, 9 to download

sjsteuck

Neo Member
No Cutlass Supreme. I'm out.

In all honesty, I was out anyway. A Cutlass Supreme would actually make me consider it.

GHG

Wow for some reason I thought it we going to have hundreds ala Forza / GT

Dunno why

Maybe you never actually did any research on what the game is actually about whilst it's been in development for the last couple of years.

It's really not that difficult.

bombshell

So now people are saying pcars is a sim and GT and forza are simcade? When pcars was in early access all the complaining were of the unrealistic driving physics, so if GT and forza are simcade pcars is the #1 simcade.

Or the game has been continously updated since then.

Dilly

Banned
So now people are saying pcars is a sim and GT and forza are simcade? When pcars was in early access all the complaining were of the unrealistic driving physics, so if GT and forza are simcade pcars is the #1 simcade.

All that complaining is bullshit when it comes to the last build.

moerser

does anybody know if the cars from the limited edition and modified car packs will be available to buy after launch? i would like to go physical, so i will definitely not get the limited edition car pack...

TheShocker

Eh. The lack of cars will not make this a bad game, but it is important to me in a racer to have a certain brands. That said, I will wait for F6 and whatever number GT is on. Their overall appeal is, well, more appealing to me.

Only problem I have with the car list is the severe lack of Japanese cars. What's with racing games on PS4 missing Japanese brand cars anyway?

I'll probably just pick up Project CARS when it goes on sale later this year or something

Solal

Only problem I have with the car list is the severe lack of Japanese cars. What's with racing games on PS4 missing Japanese brand cars anyway?

I'll probably just pick up Project CARS when it goes on sale later this year or something

Because GT7....

This is probably where a limited budget and crowdfunding origins hurt a game most. Hell, the majority of the tracks in the game are sorta quirky ones that you wouldn't expect but were mysteriously also present in the studio's old NFS Shift games.

It's not like this kills my interest but I was hoping for more in the final version. Throughout the course of career mode I don't doubt that you'll drive every single one of those cars at some point. There's a good deal of open-wheel stuff across eras and of different driving levels, which is good, as well as prototypes. One wonders if there aren't a lot of odd licensing contracts behind the scenes for some brands; Namely that Japanese cars are mysteriously absent from virtually everything lately.

It's these sorts of things that people will absolutely hound the game for, sadly, not understanding its wider intents.

Momentary

Banned
I expect this game to boom in the PC market. Seems like the console crowd really isn't getting this game and are comparing it to GT and Forza. That's downright crazy talk man.

For reference, there´s a list on GT Planet that helps us know what´s to come in this car list: (cars they are working, according to people with access to their closed forums).

Not yet ingame:
1959 Aston Martin DBR1
1963 Aston Martin DP212 (Not Yet Started)
2009 Aston Martin DBR1-2
2013 Aston Martin Vantage GTE
1989 Audi 90 IMSA GTO
2012 Audi A1 quattro
2002 Audi R8 LMP900
2014 Audi R18 e-tron quattro
2013 Bentley Continental GT3
2003 Bentley Speed 8 LMGTP
1974 BMW 2002 Turbo
2012 BMW BTCC 3-series Touring Car
1999 BMW V12 LMR
2015 Dallara DW-12 Indy Car (Not Yet Started)
2013 Ford Falcon FG Australian V8 Supercar CotF
2012 Ford Focus ST BTCC (Not Yet Started)
2012 Ford Fusion NASCAR Stock Car
1966 Ford Mustang 2 +2 Fastback
2015 Ford Mustang GT
1962 Lotus 25 Formula 1
1965 Lotus 38 Indy 500 (Not Yet Started)
1965 Lotus 40 (Not Yet Started)
1970 Lotus 49 C Formula 1
1967 Lotus 51 Formula Ford (Not Yet Started)
1968 Lotus 56 Indy Car (Not Yet Started)
1997 McLaren F1 GTR Longtail
1952 Mercedes-Benz 300SL W194
1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM
Mitsubishi Evo IX FQ 360
Mitsubishi Evo VI Tommi Mäkinen Edition
1978 Renault Alpine A442B
1999 Renault Laguna BTCC (Not Yet Started)
2012 Renault Megane Trophy II
1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird
2013 RUF RT-12 R
2014 W Motors Lykan Hypersport

Funny hearing the usual silly "simcade" comments. The physics model in Project Cars feels very similar to Forza 5 when using the XB1 controller.

Project Cars is a great game with a strong focus on the details of motorsport that GT and Forza have often ignored. But the childish PC-master racer style belittling of those two console games' physics engines is just plain ignorant. There's a heck of a lot of good things in the FM5 handling model - the tire and weight shifting particularly.

I've been a team member on Project Cars since the very early days and I think the handling is very strong. But I don't think it's better or worse than the only other next-gen racing sim - Forza 5. It's a little different - but not hugely so and there are areas where I feel FM5 is still stronger. What sets Project Cars apart is the focus on real Motorsports and the many included circuits - that's why the heavy focus on open wheel, GT and prototype cars instead of light-to-light American muscle.

Cancelling a pre-order because it doesn't have some classic Hemi is fine if that's what you love, but it shows a lack of understanding what Project Cars is and always has been.

I don't think a lot of you realize how long it takes for one car to be created with fine tuned physics. Every single car on the list was heavily driven and tested to get the perfect feel in game. That, and the budget didn't allow for as many licenses as racing games with ten times the allotted money. Its not really like Forza or GT, every car feels like it should in real life, and that took a lot of time to get right.

Mascot

Damn, if only there was a racing game that includes some GT-Rs... -.-

Well, I want that Sauber C9. Must I buy the Limited Edition for 80€ (!) or will it be possible to buy those later via PSN?

Preorder the standard edition on EU PSN and you'll get the five LE cars thrown in (plus the three preorder cars and special events, naturally).

RoKKeR

More interested in the available tracks, career mode and gameplay itself. List seems serviceable, no Fiesta ST is a bummer though.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I expect this game to boom in the PC market. Seems like the console crowd really isn't getting this game and are comparing it to GT and Forza. That's downright crazy talk man.

It's not crazy talk in the console market. It's comparison shopping. Project CARS is $59.99. A console owner looking for a racing game will compare with others on the market. How does CARS stack up? I don't know. However, I know what they ARE used to. Lots of CARS. As a PC gamer, I know what CARS stands for, console gamers won't really know and won't really care. It's going to be a hard sell.

On PC, the game will end up dirt cheap and supports by tons of mods and will enjoy a longer life.

Throw in the fact that racers on consoles are on the downslope...it's a tough sell.

It's not crazy talk in the console market. It's comparison shopping. Project CARS is $59.99. A console owner looking for a racing game will compare with others on the market. How does CARS stack up? I don't know. However, I know what they ARE used to. Lots of CARS. As a PC gamer, I know what CARS stands for, console gamers won't really know and won't really care. It's going to be a hard sell.

On PC, the game will end up dirt cheap and supports by tons of mods and will enjoy a longer life.

Throw in the fact that racers on consoles are on the downslope...it's a tough sell.
Something tells me Slightly Mad is going to pull out all the stops in post release support for this game. They've even promised Morpheus compatibility when it launches next year. I'm not going to count them out just yet.

GHG

But yet Forza 5 was shit and sold shed loads. No qualifying, stupidly short career races, no pit stops, no weather, no TOD, need I go on?

If you want quantity over quality then there are plenty of other options.

So people can keep comparing games like Forza and GT to this and complain it doesn't have the Madza Demio in it, but the reality is this is an entirely different beast.

If a game like this is lost on the console crowd because all they want to do is a 2 second AAA tick sheet check to assess the games worth, then quite frankly, it's their loss.

sueil

This is probably where a limited budget and crowdfunding origins hurt a game most. Hell, the majority of the tracks in the game are sorta quirky ones that you wouldn't expect but were mysteriously also present in the studio's old NFS Shift games.

It's not like this kills my interest but I was hoping for more in the final version. Throughout the course of career mode I don't doubt that you'll drive every single one of those cars at some point. There's a good deal of open-wheel stuff across eras and of different driving levels, which is good, as well as prototypes. One wonders if there aren't a lot of odd licensing contracts behind the scenes for some brands; Namely that Japanese cars are mysteriously absent from virtually everything lately.

It's these sorts of things that people will absolutely hound the game for, sadly, not understanding its wider intents.

Quirky tracks like Circuit De La Sarthe and Spa and Silverstone and Monaco. No one has ever heard of those tracks.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Everyone is use to simcade games like Forza and Gran Turismo with hundreds of cars and unrealistic physics.

Fair enough.

This game isn't Forza or GT, it's not a car collecting game.

What's with the hate for Forza and GT? I doubt Project CARS will be very succesful on console, because people love their Forza and GT, and those sell in the millions.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Wow tbh slightly disappointed in that list was really hoping for V8 Supercars one of each atleast....

Gestault

But yet Forza 5 was shit and sold shed loads. No qualifying, stupidly short career races, no pit stops, no weather, no TOD, need I go on?

There are omissions that took away from the variety in Forza 5 (and honestly, before the free tracks they added, even the track-list was too thin), but saying simply it was shit goes to the point where I can't relate to your point about quality vs quantity. It some ways, it's contradictory. Mind you, I'm not down on the size of the car selection here, just from knowing the expectations for more gearhead-centric sim titles.

Skii

People need to realise that games like Driveclub and Project Cars need to build the cars from the ground up as they are new franchises. Can't be giving them stick for only realising a fraction of cars compared to other racers that have 5/6 iterations in their franchise.

Good starting list for me and a lot of variety of classes.

sueil

What's with the hate for Forza and GT? I doubt Project CARS will be very succesful on console, because people love their Forza and GT, and those sell in the millions.

I also doubt it. Maybe it will sell gang busters on wii u.

I backed the game because I wanted a good sim that wasn't some super hardcore thing like iracing. I'm happy in that regard because playing it today was a blast.

I disagree. As an observer, i think this game will be huge on PS4. Everything is anecdotal evidence, but i´m willing to bet this game is going to sell at least one million copies on PS4.

Pcars is going to have the whole market for itself for at least two years. It´s going to eat on the Gran Turismo market because it´s gonna be a while before GT7 shows up.

Dealing with regular gamers since the 90´s i can assure you that most people that buy Gran Turismo don´t fully understand the game. It´s crazy, but it´s true. It´s too hard for the casual audience, despite not being an all out sim, yet it still sells for a number of other reasons.

Pcars is a bit hardcore, and it faces two crowds on PS4: racing enthusiasts who will love because it´s the game they´ve been asking for and casuals who will buy for visuals and well, because it is the only realistic car game on the console.

I see casuals playing GT and they like the fact that it´s real, they like the authenticity even tough they can´t get past the first lap without some spin or off road excursion. I will never understand but it is what it is. The fact that Pcars is a sim won´t hurt it´s sales. It won´t do GT numbers but it´s not the second coming of Race Pro (simbin´s title on X360) or Supercar Challenge (Eutechnyx title on PS3).

The PS4 version will probably outsell Xone + PC combined and we can check this post after the PAL sales thread is posted to show us the split between platforms.

FStop7

Banned
No Porsche? No Ferrari? Ehh.

Porsche's exclusivity agreement with EA was one of the worst mistakes they've recently made (outside of nearly destroying themselves in a failed attempt to buy Volkswagen)

MutFox

Banned
I want this game, but barely any Japanese cars sucks.
Will get it later in its lifetime if there's more cars added.

Definitely getting the PC version for this when the time comes.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Quite a respectable list with the LE cars included.

Zeth

Where can I buy the "Limited Edition" on PC? Steam appears to only have one option.

edit: Oh ok, it's a car pack I can buy within the base game I guess. It's actually in the thread title lol.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Funny hearing the usual silly "simcade" comments. The physics model in Project Cars feels very similar to Forza 5 when using the XB1 controller.

Project Cars is a great game with a strong focus on the details of motorsport that GT and Forza have often ignored. But the childish PC-master racer style belittling of those two console games' physics engines is just plain ignorant. There's a heck of a lot of good things in the FM5 handling model - the tire and weight shifting particularly.

I've been a team member on Project Cars since the very early days and I think the handling is very strong. But I don't think it's better or worse than the only other next-gen racing sim - Forza 5. It's a little different - but not hugely so and there are areas where I feel FM5 is still stronger. What sets Project Cars apart is the focus on real Motorsports and the many included circuits - that's why the heavy focus on open wheel, GT and prototype cars instead of light-to-light American muscle.

Cancelling a pre-order because it doesn't have some classic Hemi is fine if that's what you love, but it shows a lack of understanding what Project Cars is and always has been.

I don't think a lot of you realize how long it takes for one car to be created with fine tuned physics. Every single car on the list was heavily driven and tested to get the perfect feel in game. That, and the budget didn't allow for as many licenses as racing games with ten times the allotted money. Its not really like Forza or GT, every car feels like it should in real life, and that took a lot of time to get right.

So all/most of the cars in Forza feel the same, and not what they feel like in real life? Have you seen those dev docs from Forza where they go over every detail of a car before they put it in the game?

So people can keep comparing games like Forza and GT to this and complain it doesn't have the Madza Demio in it, but the reality is this is an entirely different beast.

If a game like this is lost on the console crowd because all they want to do is a 2 second AAA tick sheet check to assess the games worth, then quite frankly, it's their loss.

Wow. Sigh.

weevles

I'm ok with the list. Unless the budget is Gran Turismo/Forza tier, its going to be nigh impossible to even come close to a complete car make/model list. And some licenses are locked up like Porsche. I know it's frustrating not to see your favorites in there, but what do you expect from a self-published game that came out of crowd-funding?

Falchion

uo15nUY.gif

Pretty crushed with some of the omissions, most hurtful of which is no GT-R. I'll still get this game at some point because the tracks and some of the features look awesome, but I'll wait and get it used or really cheap 6 months after launch.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I disagree. As an observer, i think this game will be huge on PS4. Everything is anecdotal evidence, but i´m willing to bet this game is going to sell at least one million copies on PS4.

Huge = At least one million copies? I'm pretty sure Drive Club has probably done this and I wouldn't call that game "huge." I guess "huge" is relative now, I don't know.

I guess we'll see.

No Porsche? No Ferrari? Ehh.

Porsche's exclusivity agreement with EA was one of the worst mistakes they've recently made (outside of nearly destroying themselves in a failed attempt to buy Volkswagen)

Yeah it sucks. At least we still get 4 "Porsches" instead of nothing I guess.

Fox Mulder

Lamborghini is always the first car I look for in a race game. What's with this trend of no lambo? At least drive club fixed that.

What trend? Forza has them, GT does, you said driveclub does, even that gameloft Asphalt mobile game has them if I recall correctly.

I like lambos, but dont have to have them in a track based racing sim really.

It's sad. They're only in mediocre NFS games that come out every other year. No presence in the better forza and GT games, who get around them with RUF cars.

Top Bottom