• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project GAF Inn - $5,000 for a mark in Obsidian's Project Eternity [FUNDED!]

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This sounds really awesome. I'll try and see if I can donate some money when I get home.

There needs to be a 3+month waiting list to get a room at the Neogaf Inn.

On a serious note though I am curious just how in depth the Inns actually are and how much design you get to influence.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
There needs to be a 3+month waiting list to get a room at the Neogaf Inn.
A long waiting list for those rooms is a cute idea. I am sure you can bribe the inn keeper though if you solved a quest for him.

pyros

Although the true origins of the elixir commonly known as the Essence of Amirox are unknown, its name is derived from an Imperial courtier who famously falsified official records retroactively so as to win a petty argument with another member of the court. When a scribe reavealed this fact publicly, Amirox was stripped of his position and executed. He is not known to have possessed any particular alchemical skills, and the elixir of his namesake is believed to have first appeared over a century after his death.

Give the guy a break, the past is the past, I do not want to support a project which humiliates a Gaf member, sorry, I feel this project is about our unity

a Tome of Evil Lore, but when you examine it closely it turns to just be a Tome of Evil Ore.

When you open the Tome, you see a Hammer; The Banhammer.

kSgL9.jpg

*cries*

Okay, okay. *relaxes*

Clydefrog

I was thinking we could hide the word neogaf somewhere... like maybe neogaf spelled backwards... then I realized why that wasn't a great idea. At all.

Arksy

The entire Inn should be the GAF symbol. Circular with two quadrants with a corridor down the middle as teh white.

adixon

I was thinking we could hide the word neogaf somewhere... like maybe neogaf spelled backwards... then I realized why that wasn't a great idea. At all.

Lol! It kinda sounds more like a weirdly offensive reference to Imoen (Baldur's Gate games).

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
My friend mentioned this as a possibility: Even though this is out of the pledge thing, how about everytime the player looks up at the sky, they are greeted with this sun:

32b5f66f5cbf7a82e383a8f2da1a148c1edf4943_full.jpg

Lol! It kinda sounds more like a weirdly offensive reference to Imoen (Baldur's Gate games).

I thought of a weird Pokemon Eevee evolution, myself.

DieH@rd

Banned
Something simpler like an NPC line warning that any gold sold at the inn is fake would work.

If we could pull of the idea of GAF inn merchant buying items for waaaay higher prices than everyone else [other NPC's promoting that fact], and then later on player finds out that some of his money is fake, gets into truble [any random gold transaction after he lefts inn], returns to the tavern and has an epic fight against inkeeper and his henchmens.... that would be EPIC. Off couse, when you defeat him, you get the fabled Banhammer.

:D

If we could pull of the idea of GAF inn merchant buying items for waaaay higher prices than everyone else [other NPC's promoting that fact], and then later on player finds out that some of his money is fake, gets into truble [any random gold transaction after he lefts inn], returns to the tavern and has an epic fight against inkeeper and his henchmens.... that would be EPIC. Off couse, when you defeat him, you get the fabled Banhammer.

:D

You guys are too much. Stop making me excited! D:

dude

dude
Neat idea, will chip-in soon.

In my opinion, we should drop the banhammer stuff, every forum has this sort of joke, we should go for something more specific.

wrowa

Neat idea, will chip-in soon.

In my opinion, we should drop the banhammer stuff, every forum has this sort of joke, we should go for something more specific.

I agree with that. Banhammer is used everywhere, it's pretty lame.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It would be nice to get this stickied and have the title updated frequently with totals to get people moving.

I thought the same, but I agree that having this thread stick around (haha) for a whole month is a bit much. Totally should be stickied the last week though.

I thought the same, but I agree that having this thread stick around (haha) for a whole month is a bit much. Totally should be stickied the last week though.

Yea I'm just hoping we can get there. @ $1,130 now, but still have a lot of time to go!

edit: Damn you shagg.

embalm

I'll be happy as long as one of the rooms in the Inn has a person sleeping in a bed with four people standing around them. One dressed in green, one in blue, one in yellow, and one in red.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Needs to be an easter egg when a protagonist using my character portrait enters the GAF inn. :D

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'll be happy as long as one of the rooms in the Inn has a person sleeping in a bed with four people standing around them. One dressed in green, one in blue, one in yellow, and one in red.

No idea what kind of resolution of detail we'll be allowed to suggest.

Top Bottom