• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

shaowebb

Short hopping and shffling with Peach is slow and impractical when you can just float cancel. Float-canceled aerials are what you should be practicing.

Oh kick ass then because thats all i've been doing so far :D

Is L-canceling in Smash 4 still? Lil Mac might need it.

1805-1841-9664
I have you added now. If you're playing right now, I just join right?
I actually have to add you to. Let me do that really quick.

EDIT: Cool, you should be good to join. I started a room and we can do a few matches. I have to go in a bit, but there's usually someone available to play. Just jump into the room through your friend list.

What I meant by desync is that I don't think I'm playing you now. On my screen, you're just suciding.
Oh, yeah, that's totally happening. Haha, I was just like WTF is this guy doing? Let me try starting the room over.

EDIT: I think it happened again. Maybe you try starting the room and we'll go from there. So weird, I've never seen this.

Magnus

For those who've played it at various promotional events, does SSB4's engine/physics/speed more closely resemble Melee or Brawl?

Alright, I'm going to jump off because I have work in a bit, but sorry the online was acting up Stylo. Definitely want to try this again sometime

Also, GG's DaBoss and...haha, I actually forgot who "MARF" is. Anura, right? Either way, had a lot of fun!

Stylo

Alright, I'm going to jump off because I have work in a bit, but sorry the online was acting up Stylo. Definitely want to try this again sometime

Also, GG's DaBoss and...haha, I actually forgot who "MARF" is. Anura, right? Either way, had a lot of fun!

Sorry about that. I'll get to the bottom of this. As for my name on there, it was Anuar but I changed it to Stylo so people won't get confused. I just remembered, I installed the Full set, not the Wi-Fi set.
Also, DaBoss, could I join your game?

DaBoss

We could just split up to two groups of 1v1 since it would be much better in terms of lag.

And speaking of lag, lol at all of those input buffers, not that it matters since PM's Captain Falcon sucks ass lol.

EDIT: You can join Stylo.

Stylo

We could just split up to two groups of 1v1 since it would be much better in terms of lag.

And speaking of lag, lol at all of those input buffers, not that it matters since PM's Captain Falcon sucks ass lol.

Okay, I definitely did something wrong. I'm guessing the Wi-Fi set is the one I should have installed huh? I just went with the Full set because it was recommended.

DaBoss

Okay, I definitely did something wrong. I'm guessing the Wi-Fi set is the one I should have installed huh? I just went with the Full set because it was recommended.
Yea, you're supposed to use the Wi-FI set. It will cause desyncs otherwise.

Just put that on your SD card and then come back online.

Stylo

Yea, you're supposed to use the Wi-FI set. It will cause desyncs otherwise.

Sorry for wasting your time. I guess I'll have to install that one then.

"The WiFi-Safe set does not differentiate between L/R lightpress and full press or have C-stick buffering, nor does it have Stock Control or Stage Strike."
So somehow, the controls are worse in the Wi-Fi set? Am I reading this correctly?

Hatchtag

Banned

"The WiFi-Safe set does not differentiate between L/R lightpress and full press or have C-stick buffering, nor does it have Stock Control or Stage Strike."
So somehow, the controls are worse in the Wi-Fi set? Am I reading this correctly?

I didn't notice a difference. If you just jump into wifi, you will, because controls on wifi sux. But if you play offline with the codeset, you likely won't notice a difference.

Anyways, is online up or something? I'm willing to rejoin you guys!

As a diehard Falcon main, I demand you take that back.

Are you on right now?

DaBoss

I guess in a sense. It's more that online is limited to not being able to send that over.

Nice games Hatchtag! That final Ganon v Toon Link was great. I was happy just to make that comeback down to 1 stock. Let's play again soon!

Hatchtag

Banned
Yes, very fun games! Good comeback!
Ivysaur's not very fun online, though. He relies more so on sweetspots than any other character, and those are just much harder to land with that slight bit of online lag.

Yes, very fun games! Good comeback!
Ivysaur's not very fun online, though. He relies more so on sweetspots than any other character, and those are just much harder to land with that slight bit of online lag.

Today's matches didn't seem as laggy as a few days ago, it was definitely more playable. I'll keep practicing.

Top Bottom