• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project P-100 (Nintendo/Platinum Games) announced for WiiU [Director: Hideki Kamiya]

Hieberrr

If this game does turn out to be something special, I really hope the marketing is there to support it. I'd hate to see good games going unnoticed.

Emitan

If this game does turn out to be something special, I really hope the marketing is there to support it. I'd hate to see good games going unnoticed.

It's a launch (window?) game published by Nintendo and an original game. They had freaking better support it.

Neiteio

Hey guys, with Nintendo publishing this and Treehouse working on it and all, will this be considered a Nintendo franchise? So you know, like these characters could appear in Smash Bros., mmmhaps?

Penguin

It's a launch (window?) game published by Nintendo and an original game. They had freaking better support it.

Not like it will have many games on the console to compete with...

But yeah this looks very promising. Up Nintendo's alley, without using their own resources.

Sending love to Kamiya on Twitter.

This is a really good surprise. Don't just watch the trailer, be sure to watch the gameplay videos. This game's the real deal. It's got that great energy and spirit from Viewtiful Joe, Okami, etc.

Hieberrr

They really better. Because Bwii got nothing. Mario Strikers got nothing and that was one of the best Wii games that I have ever played.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
After 3DS and Vita, I would hold off until we have firm dates. 'Launch window' has turned into a bullshit term.

Normally, I would agree, but I've never missed a Nintendo launch and I will not regret this one.

Nintendo/PC gamer all the way!

Thanks for the concern, though.

Also, Nintendo ninjas confirmed once more.

Rikkun

Heh, I got a retreat for my nice message. :D
I didn't :(
I would've bragged about it for YEARS.

I just watched the full Gamespot Live demo walkthrough, and it looks really fun. The stages are varied and creative, the game has a ton of personality, and the various moves and the mid-bosses and stuff all look pretty fun. :D
I'm not gonna watch that, I'm already sold on this after reading the reactions from people who tried it. If this will be a launch game Wii U might be my favourite day-one.

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya ‏@PG_kamiya
Thanx everyone, thanx! XD

Spread that love.

I really felt happy for him after reading that on twitter.

Xristot

I think... I think I'm in love with this game after watching that gamespot video. GOD DAMN YOU NINTENDO FOR NOT SHOWING THIS.

This is my launch game for sure.

*BOW* Kamiya *BOW*

Zekes!

I didn't :(
I would've bragged about it for YEARS.

I've had Kamiya answer two of my questions, one being "If you could only watch one movie ever again what movie would it be?" which he replied to with "Emmanuelle" haha

the second question was what gaming console would he like to work on again if he could and he said "the NES"

Just watched the trailer in full, wow! Super impressed with how you round up citizens and combine them into abilities!

This also reminds me of Line Attack Heroes.

In Kamiya we trust! :D

Takes watching it to believe it, I definitely see Viewtiful Joe's spirit in this.

But I would adore it if Platinum make an Okami 2.0 in design and art for Wii U, or Star Fox. XD Hopefully that will result from this first step in this new relationship.

Names.

How about Platinum Heroes? Or Project Super Foursome (err...).

Mlatador

Banned
C'mon! C'mon guys! Give the man love!

Send him some positive messages!

The game is absolutely fantastic! REAL TALK!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yep, he replied to me claiming that he didn't ever mention Ultraman even though he has screenshots of the Ultraman famicom game IN his twitter pics.

Rikkun

I've had Kamiya answer two of my questions, one being "If you could only watch one movie ever again what movie would it be?" which he replied to with "Emmanuelle" haha

the second question was what gaming console would he like to work on again if he could and he said "the NES"

*We did it non-specific action figure! We got our questions answered by Kamiya!*

Lucky bastard (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

sfried

Why did Batman get conference time over this...it's not everyone's cup of tea but at least it's not a year old (by launch)
Because they needed something dark and edgy at presentation to wow viewers.

Anyways I support this game.

Mr. Robot

Hey guys, with Nintendo publishing this and Treehouse working on it and all, will this be considered a Nintendo franchise? So you know, like these characters could appear in Smash Bros., mmmhaps?

this is what i also would like to know, the characters have a great style, they would make a good addition to smash bros.
Y2Xqr.jpg

And maybe it is just me, but whenever i see an isometric view game, i always imagine it being like the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games... i love isometric view games, regardless of genre

Edit: damn, hivemind, Olimar clone is what also came to my mind, but they have enough personality to be their own separate character, one with fists, one with a sword and another with a gun.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
^^ How'd we post the same picture at the same minute? Haha.
masthead_Project100WiiU.jpg

Yeah, these guys would be pretty great in Smash Bros. Kinda like an upgraded Olimar + Ice Climbers.

Hero of Legend: Haha, reminds me of Line Attack Heroes too. I wanted to play that, as well... don't think it ever escaped Japan though, eh? :/

Roto13

People see the crappy-looking non-characters in the first four seconds of the trailer and think "OMG UGLY GAEM-uh"

Yeah the very first picture of the characters could be anything, but once you see the game being played how can you not fall in love...actually going back to the trailer after that is even better once you see the pieces fall into place.

One of the best surprises of the show :)

C-Jo

I tried it out today and thought it was pretty cool. It actually reminded me of Hothead's Swarm with a bit of Pikmin for good measure. I really like the visuals too; the FOV effects looked great.

KarmaCow

I tried it out today and thought it was pretty cool. It actually reminded me of Hothead's Swarm with a bit of Pikmin for good measure. I really like the visuals too; the FOV effects looked great.

When you draw the shapes to change forms, did the size of the shape affect the properties of the form? Like if you drew a short line, did that not use all the people or even make a short sword, but with more attack power?

C-Jo

When you draw the shapes to change forms, did the size of the shape affect the properties of the form? Like if you drew a short line, did that not use all the people or even make a short sword, but with more attack power?

Not that I noticed. I could've missed it, though.

Eusis

Show me a low budget PS2/GC games that looks like this game.
Well, the character models don't seem to look significantly better than the likes of earlier stuff such as Dual Hearts, possibly worse actually, and the overall style reminds me of GC games (not in an inherently bad way though!) though I can't pinpoint a specific title. But then the character models are likely at least partially so you can have as many on as there are, and I'd rather have a lower end game but with colorful and cartoony graphics than a higher end shooter like BLOP2 that seemingly is rendered only in yellow and brown.

It's probably me partially comparing this to the likes of Bayonetta and other prior Platinum games, maybe Nintendo forced a tighter budget or something so it was more of a focus on a novel idea than something flashy.
A lot of people, and it's as annoying every time

cartoony - should be downloadable
not a shooter - should be downloadable
not a completely scripted cinematic experience - should be downloadable
Ok, I can't really blame you there, but I'd wonder more about the amount and variety of content for whether it was really DD worthy or not. Although I wouldn't mind what was acceptable for DD rising to the level where $30 titles could fly, if that's what it took for them to be profitable that is. And at any rate I'd probably be getting this with a Wii U regardless of price or delivery.

Rikkun

People see the crappy-looking non-characters in the first four seconds of the trailer and think "OMG UGLY GAEM-uh"

Well that's some fine trolling from Kamiya, I'm sure. They could just cut those 5 seconds from the trailer
KuGsj.gif

But now that I think about it I'd pay real money for an eShop title with N64 graphics, something like Mystical Ninja 64 without filters and all.
Go on industry, I dare you. Why NES and SNES is cool but N64 isn't?

Roto13

Well that's some fine trolling from Kamiya, I'm sure. They could just cut those 5 seconds from the trailer
KuGsj.gif

But now that I think about it I'd pay real money for an eShop title with N64 graphics, something like Mystical Ninja 64 without filters and all.
Go on industry, I dare you. Why NES and SNES is cool but N64 isn't?

BEcause PS1/Saturn/N64 is like the Atari 2600 of 3D graphics. :p

Top Bottom