• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project P-100 (Nintendo/Platinum Games) announced for WiiU [Director: Hideki Kamiya]

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Is this suppose to look good? It looks like a survival horror without the atmosphere of a survival horror. So it's pretty much just a shitty shooter with one enemy on the screen at a time. Since Kamiya is busy with this those people should take a look at RE2 to see how it's done.

Wow, this looks fucking AMAZING. Just watched the Gamespot walkthrough. Just WOW.

Is there any high-res art or screens available of this? I'm adding to my collection.

Woah!!!... This game shot up to one of the biggest surprises at E3 for me.

Most of the things shown off at the "big three" press conferences left me with the taste of "meh". But this actually looks fun!

If the Wii U gets more game experiences like this, then colour me interested in the console.

squall23

God damn it that Gamespot walkthrough was awesome.

Mark my words, one of the later powerups will be turning your team into a giant robot.

jj984jj

This is Viewtiful Joe meets Pikmin, right? *_*
It doesn't really look like Pikmin, there's no strategy game elements from the looks of it. It's like Hideki Kamiya, taking small things from the awesomeness of his previous titles, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, and Bayonetta, does a capsule toys action game.

It doesn't really look like Pikmin, there's no strategy game elements from the looks of it. It's like Hideki Kamiya, taking small things from the awesomeness of his previous titles, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, and Bayonetta, does a capsule toys action game.

Something about it reminds me of crippletron from Family Guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWWNnESqNHw

I'm not even a big fan of Family Guy. But, combining people to form weapons reminds me of it.

I just noticed something in Wii U games:

COLORS in HD; I can't remember seeing any other action game this colorful for so much years

I think this is the same reason I found Lego City very gorgeous too

Kanguro

Neo Member
This looks amazing. The gestures look kind of janky (particularly the chain building mechanic), but I would love to play this game.

The style is also brilliant. A bit of an evolved take on Viewtiful Joe as far as the designs are concerned.

COLORS in HD; I can't remember seeing any other action game this colorful for so much years

YES! Colours. Colour's everywhere.

NintendoLand looks like Iwata/Eguchi's dream for Santa's workshop.

beje

Banned

Is there any showroom video around for Lego? It had some stunning textures here and there in the captures and I want to see it in action.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's really sad that people look down on this game though, that it's not as big as The Last of Us or something.

Neiteio

I know what you mean (and I'd nominate NSMBU as probably the best example of this), but just out of fairness to other consoles, there have been plentiful of hyper-colorful HD games this gen, Uncharted 2 probably being the most lush and colorful in my memory.

Anyway, back to P100: Give me this game NOW! (Or at least the final title: I see Project P-100 is just the working title.) :)

monome

COLORS in HD; I can't remember seeing any other action game this colorful for so much years.

Go feast in your eyes on Halo 4 trailers. And although many AAA games tend to use muted palette colors, XBLA is full of HD colored games.

Kamiya doesn't need colors, nor Nintendo to make a great game. It is just nice he gets to make a colored game for Nintendo.
Hopefully he gets to make a similar to Bayonetta game on WiiU even at the cost of less good graphics than on PS720 and a relative absence of violence.
In a way, it's fine PG gets this game done, they already have Anarchy and MG out in a short time span. Lets them get fresh ideas and work on the engine.

rabhw

This made me go from "meh" on buying a Wii U to "must get one".

Not sure I can afford to fall into that trap though .__.

This game looks fantastic :) I was pretty upset about the WiiU after the presser, only interested in Pikmin 3, but if this comes out before christmas I may get a WiiU this year.

is that game running in 1080p native as it seems to have good image quality? Is it running in 60fps as youtube only shows 30 so I can't tell. I think I really want this game as The wii U is really suited to more strategy now that you have a really advanced controller at your disposal.

Im pretty sure the game is running in 1080p and 60fps, but we really need confirmation.
Also the game looks sharp with no jaggies to be seen.

The only game on wiiU that is a jaggiefest is Lego Undercover, but people are saying its one that looks the best because of some high resolution textures on the floor.
I say it looks like shit, as fun as it might be, im pretty fed up with jaggies and playing the wii in my HD TV is horrible (and if a play a game on my PC with jaggies at high, I tweak them until i get rid of them, like with ME3 for example), so one of the things Im really liking about the WiiU is the majority of the games have little to no jaggies.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Hopefully this makes PG a lot of money.

Then again if it's that good i'll have to buy a WiiU to keep up my Platinum Games cred ;_;

disap.ed

It's really sad that people look down on this game though, that it's not as big as The Last of Us or something.

Well the first Spike trailer didn't help either with showing it's PS1 era polycount characters. And resolution aside I think this would also have been possible on the Wii (the same with Pikmin 3). Not a single graphically impressive game on WiiU so far (with Rayman looking the best so far IMO, Trine 2 seems to be PC footage)

Ithil

Don't most people on this site COMPLAIN about massive budgets in games and the over-abundance of "breathtaking" graphical showcase set-pieces over some good solid gameplay and replay value?

Yet this game, made by a great studio and headed by a talented developer, is "not AAA" because not enough money was spent on it?

duckroll

Don't most people on this site COMPLAIN about massive budgets in games and the over-abundance of "breathtaking" graphical showcase set-pieces over some good solid gameplay and replay value?

Yet this game, made by a great studio and headed by a talented developer, is "not AAA" because not enough money was spent on it?

Are you sure it's the same people complaining about the different things? Maybe, just maybe, there is no group think going on and this is a huge gaming forum filled with tons and tons of people who happen to have different opinions on various issues? Ever thought about that? :p

McLovin

Man this game has that clover feel all over it! Makes me want a WiiU!

Lots of colorful hd games on psn/xbla, just saying.

ThankeeSai

I'll be honest, I totally overlooked this yesterday.

Has to be said, it looks awesome!

And once again.....Why the hell did they not show this at the conference?!?

Makes zero sense.

Man this game has that clover feel all over it! Makes me want a WiiU!

Lots of colorful hd games on psn/xbla, just saying.
well, I think some people felt unsecured and needed to shit my thread and it backfired and was closed;

What I meant, is that hopefully Nintendo maybe able to create a demographic on their console that buys colorful games. Not only indie and download small titles, etc. but major 3rd party games with capacity to sell over 1m.

There ARE few titles with a wide color range (Halo, but still that too became dark in jungle); but most games are dark and use only shades of few colors

I mean, look at what CoD has become in BOps II:

B5pnB.jpg

this is CoD 10 years ago:
shot0013_2.jpg

BmmYj.jpg

VegaNine

Images do the game no justice, but they're nice to have anyway.

I don't think these have been posted:

uWF1M.jpg

8jTaT.jpg

DnrlF.jpg

5eMs3.jpg

Edit: Er, it wasn't my intention to post these in comparison to the above.

beril

Well the first Spike trailer didn't help either with showing it's PS1 era polycount characters. And resolution aside I think this would also have been possible on the Wii (the same with Pikmin 3). Not a single graphically impressive game on WiiU so far (with Rayman looking the best so far IMO, Trine 2 seems to be PC footage)

You're being ridiculous; look at the buildings, at the trees (in the zoomed in shot you can see that every leaf is modeled seperately), at the effects, and the just the sheer amount of stuff going on. This game is honestly a lot more impressive than Pikmin 3, but that is also leagues ahead of wii.

Ydahs

Damn, this just became my game of E3. It looks wonderful :eek:

The WiiU will be keeping me busy over the summer :) (assuming this reaches Australia...)

cametall

This game gives me a bit of nostalgia. For whatever reason it reminds me of playing with action figures as a kid.

I am excited for this.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Is this suppose to look good? It looks like a survival horror without the atmosphere of a survival horror. So it's pretty much just a shitty shooter with one enemy on the screen at a time. Since Kamiya is busy with this those people should take a look at RE2 to see how it's done.

It's not your typical shooter, apparently.

It's a permadeath survival game. Any zombie can kill you. When you die you spawn as a new survivor and have a chance to get back to your last character who is now a zombie carrying your old pack of supplies, to get them back.

So I don't think it's supposed to be run and gun. More being terrified of every single encounter.

As for the graphics in P-100, folks don't seem to be seeing the graphics; this is not a Wii game. Way more shaders being used, and real lighting; everything is smooth and rounded when the camera is pulled back. That one damn close up of a TINY man showed chunky geometry because it was a teeny tiny person in normal game view. Best looking games around right now, show seams, geometry, and chunk if you zoom the camera in on something.

(Just as Pikmin 3, even if it's an upgrade, is a severe upgrade. Shaders, lighting, landscape foliage beyond what Wii could do.)

effzee

I know i've said this ad naeseum but WHY WASN'T THIS SHOWN AT THE CONFERENCE? Pad usage, classic charm, amazing music, Kamiya and Platinum's name... oh, what could have been. What was the logic to give this as a GT exclusive? Everyone was already depressed by the conference :(

Because Nintendo elected to focus on a Batman demo for an old game and 15 minutes explaining NintendoLand.

There were like 1000 things wrong with that conference, from what they showed, didn't show, what they said, didn't say, and just the overall pace.

effzee

You're being ridiculous; look at the buildings, at the trees (in the zoomed in shot you can see that every leaf is modeled seperately), at the effects, and the just the sheer amount of stuff going on. This game is honestly a lot more impressive than Pikmin 3, but that is also leagues ahead of wii.

No he isn't. There is no doubt this game will play amazing, as will Pikmin and MarioBros U but none of the games shown for the WiiU left you going "wow check out the visuals on that game". Now that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but for those who want to see visual improvements along side with gameplay improvements only saw games which at best matched some 360/PS3 games and none that surpassed it.

This game looks fucking awesome. I was super impressed with what I've seen so far, can't wait to check out that Gamespot video later today.

If Rayman Legends is indeed Wii U exclusive, it along with this game will probably push me to get a Wii U pretty early next year.

beril

No he isn't. There is no doubt this game will play amazing, as will Pikmin and MarioBros U but none of the games shown for the WiiU left you going "wow check out the visuals on that game". Now that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but for those who want to see visual improvements along side with gameplay improvements only saw games which at best matched some 360/PS3 games and none that surpassed it.

I'm not saying it couldn't be done on a 360

But to say that, apart from the resolution, this looks like a Wii game is ridiculously ignorant.

jj984jj

It's not your typical shooter, apparently.

It's a permadeath survival game. Any zombie can kill you. When you die you spawn as a new survivor and have a chance to get back to your last character who is now a zombie carrying your old pack of supplies, to get them back.

So I don't think it's supposed to be run and gun. More being terrified of every single encounter.
The demo makes that look boring as hell.

RedSwirl

I still don't know what I'm looking at, but it looks like a damn good game, and Kamiya ain't let me down yet. If this is coming out in the launch window, it'll seriously affect my decision to get a Wii U this year.

Top Bottom