• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ version of Driveclub will have 5 tracks (1 country) and 10 cars.

Yes, I'm sure the memes with "entitlement" and "peeple really think dat tho" posts were here to discuss what's in the demo. Most of the posts on these threads are just coming in to say "jeez guyz, calm down" when nobody is really throwing any tantrum or breakdown, just reiterating what the developer said, and what they are delivering.
Unless they were psychic they had no idea that people were in here complaining for pages. The title doesn't read "A Couple Guys Are Disappointed With The Drive Club PS+ Offering". When they got here, they saw little to no discussion was going on about whats in the demo now, just that a handful of people are unhappy with what they're getting. So now that's what this thread is about.

And for the past couple pages I've been reading it's been far more people laughing or questioning why the people that care care so much. So something changed from a decision that was made months and months ago. If you are so offended by their business practices just don't buy the game. Let your PS+ account lapse. Sell your Playstation. Because all of your complaining doesn't really mean much if all you're going to do is turn around and buy what you were going to buy anyway.

S¡mon

Banned
i've added this line to the op, assuming anyone that actually enters this thread bothers to read OPs

THE REASON PEOPLE ARE MOANING IS THE CONTENT WE WERE TOLD WE WOULD BE GETTING LAST YEAR AND THE CONTENT WE ARE NOW GETTING HAS CHANGED

That's not true. What we've been promised is a "PS Plus Edition" that featured less tracks and less cars, but has all the functionality.

Now they are actually re-confirming that promise + we now know the exact amount of tracks (namely 5) and exact amount of cars (namely 10), the PS+ Edition is getting.

Loudninja

Almost everything I have heard about this reintroduction of Driveclub sounds worse than what was originally promised. What stings even more is you have to wait 11 months for less content and features.
They added more content to the game, not seeing the reduction.

grimmiq

I'm not a big racing fan, so this is fine by me..I will however be pissed if within a year they decide to give the real full version as another month's PS+ game.

Synth

This apple and orange tree stuff is amazing. I think it's the main thing keeping me reading the thread now.

Laughing at the people saying "its just a demo." This has been a known fact, Sony said it was a downgraded game of the full version, but allows you to still get the platinum and have all online features. Did people really expect to get like a full game for free the day it releases?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Less than I would have imagined, I was thinking more in the lines of having most tracks and some cars. I was hoping for something more meaty, they should also offer it at a very good discount for PS+ members.

And here's something which is going over supporters and cynics of the game, the Plus version will offer a discount over the full version.

You will be able to get the upgrade from the Plus version for cheaper than 60. I swear if a game is doing 30 things right there are some always looking to slant or find something to cling to.

Artorias

Banned
We have a PS Plus thread as well as many threads asking or talking about it. I think GAF of all places knows what Plus is but if going by this thread is one thing then I suppose not.

Oh I have no doubt that guy knows exactly how dumb his comment was, I'm just surprised how many of these people with fuck all to say about the topic are jumping into this thread.

So my guess is all the trophies of the game are multiplayer/online trophies? If they're at all tied to the tracks they'd have to be exclusively tied to that first country, or else the plat wouldn't be possible with PS+.

I suppose that'd be an interesting take on the trophies for a racing game.

Tigress

i've added this line to the op, assuming anyone that actually enters this thread bothers to read OPs

THE REASON PEOPLE ARE MOANING IS THE CONTENT WE WERE TOLD WE WOULD BE GETTING LAST YEAR AND THE CONTENT WE ARE NOW GETTING HAS CHANGED

How has it changed? All they told us last year was that we were getting some content of the game (not all of it). This year, they clarified that.

Or did I miss when last year they said we were getting 20 cars and 10 tracks (or rather clarified exactly what we were getting)?

S¡mon;110137402 said:
That's not true. What we've been promised is a "PS Plus Edition" that featured less tracks and less cars, but has all the functionality.

Now they are actually re-confirming that promise + we now know the exact amount of tracks (namely 5) and exact amount of cars (namely 10), the PS+ Edition is getting.

The only difference between the PS Plus edition and the boxed retail is that there's a slightly scaled down version of content

We are getting 1 country out of at least 5 thats more than slightly less. We don't know how many cars there are yet, but going by the fact we get 20% of the countries we can assume for now we are going to get around 20% of cars until they clarify otherwise. So we are getting 10 cars and that is 20% of 50, so for now can assume there are 50 cars in the main game until they clarify this.

The PlayStation Plus Edition hasn’t changed. It’s hardly a demo because you get access to all of the game’s features online and offline. The difference is that you only have 10 cars and you can only race in one country (which gives you access to 5 tracks with 11 distinct variants).

How has it changed? All they told us last year was that we were getting some content of the game (not all of it). This year, they clarified that.

Or did I miss when last year they said we were getting 20 cars and 10 tracks (or rather clarified exactly what we were getting)?

The OP covers this, but look above for an example

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh I have no doubt that guy knows exactly how dumb his comment was, I'm just surprised how many of these people with fuck all to say about the topic are jumping into this thread.

Just to be clear, is the person with the dumb comment the one who thinks something he pays for is free, or the one who doesn't understand how paying for something and then getting it means you got something for free?

Eusis

Hmm. Even with misleading statements I don't think we could've honestly expected much. It's that or it'd be grossly freemium, so glorified demo is the better course. Maybe if they didn't mandate Plus for online play it'd be a different story, but something so socially dependent needing online and by proxy a subscription to a service that gives the game out for free essentially, well, something had to give.

jayu26

A full version of Forza 5 for free for Gold members is certainly going to be a PR coup if they hand it out at the same time as Sony hands out a half content version of Driveclub to PS plus subscribers. You know the comparison will be made if both announcements are made at E3. The release dates of either don't matter as much as the amount of content given. Forza 5 is a quality title.

PS+ giving out $10-$15 games every month since launch (we are only talking about PS4 here) for almost a year and also a stripped down brand new DriveClub is going to be perceived as less valuable than Xbox Live give a game that is already $30. Huh...tell me this...how stupid do you thing people are?

PJV3

Enough content to get my teeth into, if I like it I will get the full version. Could have tossed in one track from another country, but it isn't too bad.

Drek

We are getting 1 country out of at least 5 thats more than slightly less. We don't know how many cars there are yet, but going by the fact we get 20% of the countries we can assume for now around 20% of cars until they clarify otherwise. So 50 cars would be my guess in that regard.

They repeatedly said "slightly less content" and you're falsely equating tracks + cars with their definition of "content". Online and offline game modes are content as well. The problem here isn't Sony failing to deliver on a promise, the problem is Sony making a vague statement at which point internet peoples defined "slighty" and "content" their own way and are now not happy with how Sony defines those words.

alatif113

This argument is as intellectually stimulating as "WELL WHY DON'T YOU JUST KILL YOURSELF THEN"

I'm not angered by the content in the PS+ version (or "lack thereof", depending on who you ask), but the people coming in trying to stifle any kind of conversation are as annoying as the people they bitch about. If all you can argue about this is "if you disagree with me then just leave the room", you're not really offering any kind of compelling point, are you?

Yea sure if someone had a problem with the room, then telling them to "leave the room" would be a valid argument. Similarly, if someone had a problem with their life, on a more extreme case, telling them to kill themselves would be some sort of an argument (although once again its very extreme and it relates to nothing here). Thanks for letting me know how I have no compelling point though, because your's contributes much more to the thread, doesnt it?

They repeatedly said "slightly less content" and you're falsely equating tracks + cars with their definition of "content". Online and offline game modes are content as well. The problem here isn't Sony failing to deliver on a promise, the problem is Sony making a vague statement at which point internet peoples defined "slighty" and "content" their own way and are now not happy with how Sony defines those words.

I only used a mathmatical equivilent to guess the cars (as we are getting 20% of countries i guessed what would be 20% of cars if 20% is the amount we end up getting), the only thing that is fact is, we get 1 country and there are at least 5. No way is 1 out of 5 "slighly scaled down" that is significant scaling down.

The only difference between the PS Plus edition and the boxed retail is that there's a slightly scaled down version of content...

viveks86

thats a quote from Jamie Brayshaw on Aug 20, 2013.

this quote was from before then http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/drive...ion_has_less_content_than_retail_version.html as was the Q and A http://playstationer.net/2013/07/05/driveclub-q-and-a/

while the neogaf post by Rusky was afterwards http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79403849&postcount=1714 and he is the Game Director on DRIVECLUB @ Evolution Studios so his word would also carry more weight.

that's 3 seperate areas of quotes conflicting with 1

the version we are getting has 1 country the game has at least 5. 1 country out of 5 is not what i'd call "slightly" less

Yup. Totally conflicting. They used "slightly" to trick us into not buying the game. And they went ahead and explained it to us 5 months before release. How dare they explain what we are getting in advance?

Great job with the OP. The bold all caps sends the perfect message to everyone. I don't feel like moaning. So out I go.

Artorias

Banned
Just to be clear, is the person with the dumb comment the one who thinks something he pays for is free, or the one who doesn't understand how paying for something and then getting it means you got something for free?

Comments as off topic as yours I would say are generally pretty fucking dumb, so take a guess since you can't follow a simple conversation.

basically people wanted almost the full game as the ps plus version?
some entitlement bullcrap going around here.

be realistic. they're not gonna give you a 60 dollar title for free with only a few tracks/cars missing, for a service that almost everyone has.

it was supposed to be an incentive to get people to buy plus. obviously, they don't need that much incentive.

Zen

Banned
Great amount for a free version that has access to all the features of the game minus tracks. No reason to be moaning here, honestly. This is above and beyond what most companies do. people need to grow up a bit.

basically people wanted almost the full game as the ps plus version?
some entitlement bullcrap going around here.

be realistic. they're not gonna give you a 60 dollar title for free with only a few tracks/cars missing, for a service that almost everyone has.

it was supposed to be an incentive to get people to buy plus. obviously, they don't need that much incentive.

Personally I think they shouldn't have even bothered, but I guess its nice to have an expanded demo of the game for those on the fence.

murgo

So.. this will be the PS+ game of October? I hope there's going to be something else as well. I preordered Driveclub last May (for 20€.. thanks Amazon.de!) and never considered the PS+ version.

StuBurns

Banned
Not at all.

Even ignoring the wishy washy aspects of this, they said it was the complete single player experience, now it isn't. I don't really believe anyone would take 'minus a few cars/tracks' as getting a fifth/sixth of the package, but I guess Sony could argue it was vague enough, but going from the complete single player to some of it is a clear change.

They painted it as something more like a complete game versus a GotY Edition, it's really looking more like a Prologue versus a compete game. Is a Prologue worthy of being a PS+ game? I absolutely think so, but I'd still like to know why the change.

noobasuar

Banned
The amount of times I hear about this service that people pay for being "free" is baffling.

Some scary fucking cult like behavior.

Nafai1123

Banned
Funny you mention that, my garden centre actually gives away apples, to everyone! Just to see if they want to buy the apple tree! How cool is that? No purchase necessary free apples. But now... That raises a question.... If you have to pay monthly for your sample apple tree, and my sample apples used to be free, maybe the garden centre would decide not to give away the free apples if they felt like these sample apple trees can be used in place of free complete trees with other fruits. That could be a concerning precedent.

I certainly don't think we should roll up to my garden centre, pitch forks in hand, it's not the end of the world, and I'm really happy with my orange tree, but honestly, it bothers me, they misrepresented their side of the deal, and even though my mostly barren tree might still be really nice, it's the lie that bothers me, not the fruit. In fact, part of me thinks they knew for a long time that my apple tree wasn't going to come when they promised, they just wanted to rope in other orange tree owners on the promise of free apple trees.

I can see how that could be concerning, but I have not seen any precedent for making me buy a sample apple tree to get sample apples. In fact, the garden center has already given out several sample apples this month already. My tree up to this point has given me full sized apples, and has recently announced that ONE of the apples will be smaller. Now, I don't know whether I will also be getting another full sized apple that month, nor do I know if my tree will start pumping out smaller sized apples every month. All I know is one apple in one month is going to be smaller, but it's also going to potentially be the most delicious. I'm not sure I can really get upset or worried about a precedent being set by this, as history has shown that I always get full apples.

It's all apples and oranges anyways depending on how you look at it :p

Not at all.

Even ignoring the wishy washy aspects of this, they said it was the complete single player experience, now it isn't. I don't really believe anyone would take 'minus a few cars/tracks' as getting a fifth/sixth of the package, but I guess Sony could argue it was vague enough, but going from the complete single player to some of it is a clear change.

They painted it as something more like a complete game versus a GotY Edition, it's really looking more like a Prologue versus a compete game. Is a Prologue worthy of being a PS+ game? I absolutely think so, but I'd still like to know why the change.

THIS, that is what I want, a clarification by someone at sony, were the previous multiple comments wrong? is that really to much to ask for?

StoopKid

The amount of times I hear about this service that people pay for being "free" is baffling.

The people that get so upset for calling them free is scary.

To me it's just part of the service , for $5 a month you get multiple games and discounts.

Judging from the OP it's clear that more content was implied. The devs refusal to use the word "demo" when talking about the Ps+ version of the game says a lot. In the end though it is a demo, a very robust demo but a demo never the less. Basically it's Sony's version of KI on X1.

Can't cry too long or too hard over free shit though.

StuBurns

Banned
All I know is one apple in one month is going to be smaller, but it's also going to potentially be the most delicious.
Analogy aside, this is actually a great point, assuming I'm parsing it correctly.

Maybe we're getting less of the package, but we also gained a year of refinement and iteration on the core product. It's less of the game, but a better version of the game, that is additional value.

Apples.

And calling out PR for changing the terms while claiming nothing has changed is now considered being childish and entitled. Feels like bizarro world at times.

I say this as somebody who will buy the full game at some point and has always planned to because it looks nothing short of absolutely amazing. But for fuck's sake, why can't PR just own up to changes instead of trying to be slippery. I don't get it, nor do I get jumping all over the people who rightfully call it out. It doesn't have to be acrimonious, but referring to it as childish whining sure as hell makes it so quick enough.

StoopKid

And calling out PR for changing the terms while claiming nothing has changed is now considered being childish and entitled. Feels like bizarro world at times.

I say this as somebody who will buy the full game at some point and has always planned on it because it looks absolutely amazing. But for fuck's sake, why can't PR just own up to changes instead of trying to be slippery. I don't get it, nor do I get jumping all over the people who rightfully call it out.

I'm kinda confused , what exactly did they change ?

I thought at the announcement at e3 they said driveclub ps+ edition would be the same game with less tracks and less cars.

If you want more tracks just buy the game they spent all this time making. God damn. I'm salty as hell about the delay, but I knew I was going to pay for the whole game to begin with. They're even offering a discount! They didn't have to do that.

Velcro Fly

After the almost year long delay there was no chance we were getting a version of the game that you could platinum. They want you to try the game, like it, and then buy it. It might not be a demo but the function of what we are getting is like a demo.

Dragon

Banned

I say this as somebody who will buy the full game at some point and has always planned to because it looks nothing short of absolutely amazing. But for fuck's sake, why can't PR just own up to changes instead of trying to be slippery. I don't get it, nor do I get jumping all over the people who rightfully call it out. It doesn't have to be acrimonious, but referring to it as childish whining sure as hell makes it so quick enough.

Both of you are changing the argument to make it seem worse than what people are actually saying. It's really poor and disingenuous and you should stop doing it.

This seems reasonable enough to me for a free PS+ title. I was hoping for a bit more content but this is about what I expected. As long as the online component is still there and all of the social/team features are in place then I can't complain.

Slashlen

Yeah, this is a load of crap. People from Sony/Evolution repeatedly said this was the game "minus a few cars/tracks". 80%(based on known countries) is not a few! Sony lied, and it's amazing how much of GAF is willing to stand up for them.

And for everyone who keeps saying it's free: Can you spare a few years of Plus codes? Apparently I'm an idiot because I paid for this premium demo. I'll stop complaining if I get a few years of this free service, apparently it doesn't cost you guys anything.

IO feel kind of bad for the developer to be honest, but really the animosity generated by the confusion on this matter and the 60 FPS is their own fault.

They should have properly and explicitly made two things clear from the beginning:

1) Whether or not the game would achieve 60 FPS and then sticking to it

and

2) What exactly the PS+ version of this title would entail. They made some vague statements on this matter and now its coming back to haunt them.

I still hope the game is successful for them and generates good revenue, but they need to regain the confidence of their fans after all the controversy over these issues. Not to mention the protracted delay of nearly a year from the original launch date.

Zen

Banned
Yeah, this is a load of crap. People from Sony/Evolution repeatedly said this was the game "minus a few cars/tracks". 80%(based on known countries) is not a few! Sony lied, and it's amazing how much of GAF is willing to stand up for them.

And for everyone who keeps saying it's free: Can you spare a few years of Plus codes? Apparently I'm an idiot because I paid for this premium demo. I'll stop complaining if I get a few years of this free service, apparently it doesn't cost you guys anything.

Answer this very simple question

Would you rather have the game include, say, 40% of the tracks and cars but lock away features?

I wouldn't .

Also lol at your complaining over paying for PS+, are you intending to stop playing MP anytime soon?

Of course not.

Top Bottom