• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ version of Driveclub will have 5 tracks (1 country) and 10 cars.

SHADES

You forgot "a few" words.

You are wrong.

Ignoring the 'a few', and we shouldn't, but some people are clearly unable to handle it, firstly, we have no idea if you can still get the platinum, only that you can get trophies, secondly it was said to be the full single player, now it isn't. There's really no getting around that being a significant shift.

I don't think I am given that at the time nobody knew just how many cars were in game or tracks for that matter.

Define a few when we don't what the context is? Were getting 10 cars & 5 tracks right that's feature complete from a £50 /$60 game, yet all the PS4 + offerings thus far have been £10/$20 titles, this is being pitched as a AAA franchise, I just think we over expected tbh. Maybe Rushy could have been more specific but given the history thus far behind this game I think specific is asking a lot, we've only just been given a date for release 6 months after it was supposed to have been out, and in that time Sony have restructure developers and line ups, maybe there's more pressure on DRIVECLUB to fill holes this year than last? But were still getting what was intended.

Now if it's not feature full like Stu's suggesting then Sony & Evo are fair game for the backlash but until that's confirmed, I'll keep my current stance.

A few* in context of scale could mean anything. To be honest I'm of the opinion that after all the delays etc that if we don't support DRIVECLUB and what happened at other Sony WWS then we may not get another Evo game, so of this time next year we look back at this thread and that happens Idk just seems daft.

It's free & feature full x amount of cars & x amount of tracks?

They were just asking for a link to the post everyone was talking about, they didn't deserve to be told to "learn how to read"

I posted it above for you.

I'll repeat my post, and bold it this time

Take the time to read the post I responded too. There is nothing in that post that says "majority".

If someone is going to accuse devs of lying by promising majority of content with the PS+ edition, I expect a link saying so.

-PXG-

Man, I'm glad I wasn't the only one with a good memory. Thanks to those who posted links earlier , proving that more content was initially mentioned almost a year ago. But some how that makes us greedy. I guess I have to be sorry for expecting something that was promised. Oops.

Goon Boon

Banned
without numbers to support those statements, it is referencing ambiguous content

So at best it's the developer intentionally trying to mislead people ("a few" isn't more than 50% of the game's content), and at worst they went back on their word. Pick one to be disgusted with.

tranciful

I think they should include more tracks so the community isn't segmented. But regardless I'm pumped to give the PS+ version a try. The free PS+ games in the meantime have more than made up for the Driveclub delay in my opinion.

From someone who actually works at Evolution Studios. The game has gone from "minus a few cars/tracks" to CONSISTING OF "a few cars/tracks". So they're not delivering what they promised.

What did you expect when "minus a few" was mentioned?

Because the bolded it appears "a few" to you means 5 tracks/11 combinations and 10 cars. (Original GT5 Prologue 6 tracks/12 combinations and 37 cars)

So you expected the PS+ version to be the full version minus 5 tracks/11 combinations and 10 cars?

And what about all the people that got PS+ for what they promised since E3, regarding the PS+ version of Driveclub?

Come on now, this is getting stupid. They informed everyone about the delay early enough, so people who would sign up just to get this Driveclub version aren't even affected (the next question would be if these people even exist). If they already signed up months before launch, they did not do it because of one game.

Jimrpg

I don't usually get upset but this is bullshit. Seriously. This is barely more than a demo, a demo would have two cars and one track. This has one country and 5 tracks. But the whole game has at least 5 countries. I expected the PS+ edition to be half the game which would be a decent amount of content with maybe $20 or $30 to upgrade but I expect it to be at least $40 to upgrade.

Who is going to want to platinum the PS+ version and how does that justify it's a full game. Crazy talk.

Also I expect the 11 variants of the 5 tracks to be mostly reverse tracks too.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
So at best it's the developer intentionally trying to mislead people ("a few" isn't more than 50% of the game's content), and at worst they went back on their word. Pick one to be disgusted with.

50% of what? Is there a universal "few" measurement?

orochi91

Ignorant post, read the thread please.

Things change over the course of development. As such you won't be
receiving as much content as they initially implied. Though I'm not entirely sure
why you care as much as you do, since you said you would not purchase the
game regardless, if it turned out to be 30fps.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't think I am given that at the time nobody knew just how many cars were in game game or tracks for that matter.
Why did you quote me then completely ignore what I wrote in it?

It was said to include all single player events, now it does not. It was a complete game, now it is not.

tranciful

Maybe the guy that said "a few" isn't the guy calling the shots? Maybe that was the plan at the time and Sony changed the plans. Nothing this guy could do about it.

Just means he should have been quiet. Which is a shame, because I'd prefer to have an industry where people can talk openly without fans getting all mad when plans unfortunately change for reasons beyond our knowledge.

Come on now, this is getting stupid. They informed everyone about the delay early enough, so people who would sign up just to get this Driveclub version aren't even affected (the next question would be if these people even exist). If they already signed up months before launch, they did not do it because of one game.

It was one of the key bullet points regarding PS4 and the PS+ offerings in the console. So yeah, probably more than one bit the bait.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
I literally do not get the concern in this thread.

giphy.gif

Plebs crying about the size of their crumbs

Sweet! Sounds like enough of a sample to determine whether or not I pick up a retail copy. I didn't make an assumption based on the term "few," however, as I expected them to remove a majority of the content from the PlayStation Plus Edition. In any event, I'm looking forward to checking the game out this fall.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
In what universe can 80% of the content being missing be construed as only a "few".

Please explain this to me.

What if the game had a set amount of content in November and now a year later it has more content?

Goon Boon

Banned
50% of what? Is there a universal "few" measurement?

"that's 5 countries at least unless they announce more, the PS Plus version is getting 1. that is not slighlty less content which the quote below suggests."

From the OP. So we're getting 1 country's tracks. Thats around 20%. As well as only "10 cars", so unless the game has only 50 cars, We're getting less than 20% of the full game.

DYs3CjL.png

I don't see how the definition of few jives with more than 50% of the content in total for the game.

alatif113

Okay, let's put it this way, if + didn't exist, and there were two versions of DC to buy, one $60, one $40, and the second was described as the + one was, the full single player, just missing a few car/tracks. You order it, and it has five tracks out of twenty five, and ten cars out of fifty, and it doesn't have the full single player, would you then think complaining would be 'childish'?

Your analogy falls short because right now you have a choice. No one is forcing you to buy it or even download the free version.

Metfanant

In what universe can 80% of the content being missing be construed as only a "few".

because there is no context for any of this...can you answer me this...

how many tracks/cars were added to the game during the 1-year delay?...if you cant answer that...than you have no idea how many cars/tracks were going to launch with the game...

Ricky_R

I'm actually surprised that they're even considering offering that demo. I honestly thought they were going to scratch the whole thing after the delay.

We should be glad regardless of what they said. They could've just ignore the whole thing or release a statement saying that they decided not to offer the game (or part of it) on PS+ for free, if things got a bit heated with fans. It's not like we signed a contract with Evolution.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is not about you expected, it about what they told. I don't think is that hard to understand, they said "except a few tracks a cars", how's ppl overreacting again?

Is the same deal with DSII graphics, a lot of ppl (althought they never been there when it happened) never expected DSII graphics to reach the gameplay reveal, because it wasn't reasonable enough. But is not about you expect, it about the message From and Namco send, they told "this is how the game will look".

Is the same, ppl expected more, because they were told to expect more. You may have though "Nah! is impossible they give you almost a full game", and that's fine and dandy, here's an internet medal for you!

But that dosn't change the fact, Sony's message was misleading and that people are, correctly reacting, for being basically lied.

If people want to spin this to the far negative then fine. That's their opinion. We're going in circles now.

Considering it's free, seems fair on what they're giving.

They never promised how much we were getting, so it's really coming down to a lot of people with entitlement issues.

evolution

They changed the plan or they just simply lied?

And what about all the people that got PS+ for what they promised since E3, regarding the PS+ version of Driveclub?
You really think they said all that just to get subscribers? I don't. I think the scope of the game changed, and thus the ps+ edition with it.

What if the game had a set amount of content in November and now a year later it has more content?

because there is no context for any of this...can you answer me this...

how many tracks/cars were added to the game during the 1-year delay?...if you cant answer that...than you have no idea how many cars/tracks were going to launch with the game...

We were told that it wasn't used for new content.

Or is people selecting when companies lies and when they say the truth to support their arguments?

Drive Club is definitely the reason I signed up for PS+. I was finished with Resogun before the free month was up. I continued with the service because I thought Drive Club was right around the corner. Now It's a year late and the PS+ version doesn't sound anything like what we were lead to believe. The game better be damn good if Sony wants me to renew my subscription. I'm fine doing all of my multiplayer gaming on other consoles if not.

orochi91

No, you're correct. There won't be as much as content as they initially said there would be.
As it stands, the Plus version is still substantial since it has most of the features/modes
as the retail copy.

Given the delay this game has had, I doubt they would give you anything more, since
it risk undercutting the actual retail copy.

Things change.

Vire

5 Countries were planned and in the works before the year delay in November. We are getting 1 country in the PS Plus version.

So no... Just no.

Goon Boon

Banned
Where are these percentages coming from???

"that's 5 countries at least unless they announce more, the PS Plus version is getting 1. that is not slighlty less content which the quote below suggests."

From the OP. So we're getting 1 country's tracks. Thats around 20%. As well as only "10 cars", so unless the game has only 50 cars, We're getting less than 20% of the full game.

DYs3CjL.png

I don't see how the definition of few jives with more than 50% of the content in total for the game.

From here????

tranciful

Naw man they secretly knew they were gonna delay just so they could go back on their word and bait people into PS+

All part of the plan. And we fell for it.

StuBurns

Banned
Your analogy falls short because right now you have a choice. No one is forcing you to buy it or even download the free version.
No, I don't, I've already paid for PS+, I did so on the faith that the game would have released and be what they claimed. I could not renew when it runs out, and I very well may not, but no, too late to save the money.

gkryhewy

This is kind of a piece of crap. Just be honest and call it a demo. Plenty of legit PS+ bonuses for PS4 so far; no need to pretend this is something it isn't.

tranciful

Shit, I thought this was a racing game with cool online features. You're telling me this is just a car/track model viewer? Damn I feel ripped off now.

Shoyz

Seems fine to me as long as we can still platinum it. If not, it's just a demo and a bad precedent (if it comes alone that month).

Yet.
Again, a whole team does not work on menus. There are always people who solely create tracks/cars/whatever, and they were surely not twiddling their thumbs for a whole year.

As Rushy stated, there will be lots of news/videos etc. coming in the next weeks/months until launch.

213372bu

Banned
I'm gonna be straight out with you.

I don't like racing games outside of Mario Kart, Sonic All-Stars, and the occasional NFS/TDU/ Burnout Paradise.

That said, the only reason I play racing games is because I take in the background as I play the game and think everything looks cool.

It seems like we're only getting one country out of the five "backdrops" so it kinda upsets me. I know, I know I should appreciate the cars and the modes that are opened up and not bitch about what's given to me.

That said, I personally am dissatisfied with the Plus version of the game and hope that Sony continues to give out some quality full releases in the future, not just "PS Plus versions" as it is one of the many benefits I've enjoyed on my Vita.

Even if they give us free PSX and PS2 games, as it is rumored to support emulation for those games, I would much rather prefer full-on PSX/PS2 games than a promotional version, not a demo obviously, taking up a whole block of space on the PS4.

It's also made me wary of what the developers have said. The fact that they went back on their word about full single-player content has made me no longer trust the company in future releases. I mean, if you are going to change such a thing, don't just shyly address it under your breath.

SHADES

Why did you quote me then completely ignore what I wrote in it?

It was said to include all single player events, now it does not. It was a complete game, now it is not.

Is that confirmed or just not mentioned?'btw I did cover what you said when I said "if it's not feature full like Stu's suggesting then Evo & Sony are fair game!"

Unless I'm missing something, I've not seen that confirmed, if it is confirmed I'll gladly stand corrected.

Eggbok

Not sure why there is such a big issue here, if you want more stuff then just buy the game? The game is like 6 months away, plenty of time to save up or something.....

Goon Boon

Banned
Shit, I thought this was a racing game with cool online features. You're telling me this is just a car/track model viewer? Damn I feel ripped off now.

So demos are giving away the majority of a game's content for free if COURSES and CARS are considered negligible to actual gameplay?

So why not make demo's $20 products?

Not sure why there is such a big issue here, if you want more stuff then just buy the game? The game is like 6 months away, plenty of time to save up or something.....

It's not about the money. I'm buying an Oculus rift dev kit MK2 for $370 just to get it about a year earlier than the consumer version. It's insulting to assume this is about money, and not a dev going back on their word.

Metfanant

Or is people selecting when companies lies and when they say the truth to support their arguments?

what we have been told is that the delay was BECAUSE of the menu system...not that they didnt work on other areas of the game...what if all cars/tracks that would have normally been DLC over the course of the year, have now been added to the game as regular content??

Drive Club is definitely the reason I signed up for PS+. I was finished with Resogun before the free month was up. I continued with the service because I thought Drive Club was right around the corner. Now It's a year late and the PS+ version doesn't sound anything like what we were lead to believe. The game better be damn good if Sony wants me to renew my subscription. I'm fine doing all of my multiplayer gaming on other consoles if not.

so youre fine paying MORE MONEY...for INFERIOR games...and not getting ANY free games...just because Driveclub PS+ isnt what you were expecting??...

you cant make this stuff up people!

We're getting access to all play modes online and offline so you're being disingenuous.

tranciful

"We will be showing you more of the game before and at E3, including direct gameplay captured from PS4.

We’re keen for you to see how much it’s improved since you last saw it, even for the areas where we’ve already achieved great things. Our artists have relished the extra time to add more cars and tracks and to add detail upon detail to the cars and tracks we’ve had all along. They’re all trying to one-up each other and exploit the power of PS4 as much as possible and they’ll continue to do so until you get your hands on the game. So you can definitely expect us to be proudly sharing updates with you for the rest of the year."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/30/driveclub-update-evolution-studios-2/#comment-505231

Top Bottom