• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS VITA 3.30 up tonight

I absolutely need a Gravity Rush theme. A bunch of GR themed icons with music like this playing in the background? Aww yisssss.

Man listening to this music is killing me that GR2 was a no show at TGS :(

sakipon

I want a Toro theme and I want it now.

I really hope they're planning to give away themes for PS+ subscribers. I like themes but I can't see myself paying for them.

Isn't the Vita supposed to get an update that completely redesigns its interface ? I could swear I read that it would lose the bubbles eventually.

MadFuzzy

Installed 3.30 on my Japanese Vita TV and can now sign in with my UK PSN account although the store doesn't work yet.

After activating my Vita TV for games, I plugged in my Vita memory card and found out the following:

Working:

TxK
Jet Set Radio
EDF 2017 Portable
Hotline Miami
TuneIn Radio

Not working:

Lumines Electronic Symphony (US cart)
YouTube
Lemmings
Wipeout 2048 (UK cart)
Flower

cafemomo

So, where the heck are the themes?

no themes for you gaijins
LGooOEi.jpg

Please tell me I don't HAVE to add a theme to change the music...I figured we would be able to choose our own music.
I'll tell you: you have to use a theme. You can't choose any music. They never promised that. The themes are tied with the BGM.

FWIW, you can however choose a theme and then change the wallpapers. I fully intend on switching to the Danganronpa theme to get the BGM and then revert to my own wallpapers that I prefer.
Yeah, the load time sucks. Seems like something they could easily fix but won't.
If you all haven't figured it out or been told yet, the wallpaper thing can be fixed. Undo all your wallpapers, set them to black, and then reassign them. Thing flows like butter again. Is it stupid that happens? Yes. But it's easily fixable.

AlexIIDX

I'll tell you: you have to use a theme. You can't choose any music. They never promised that. The themes are tied with the BGM.

FWIW, you can however choose a theme and then change the wallpapers. I fully intend on switching to the Danganronpa theme to get the BGM and then revert to my own wallpapers that I prefer.

Excitement gone...Oh well, system music never bothered me anyway. Not gonna pay to do it.

daydream

Banned
If you all haven't figured it out or been told yet, the wallpaper thing can be fixed. Undo all your wallpapers, set them to black, and then reassign them. Thing flows like butter again. Is it stupid that happens? Yes. But it's easily fixable.

Switched all backgrounds to black, backed out, changed them back to my wallpapers - did nothing for the load times.

Kolma

I just want a Miku theme to complete me
Or a Sonic theme will suffice despite the lack of Sonic content on Vita (Belongs on Nintendo anyways, hoping for a Sonic theme on 3DS)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, found out the answer to my own question about switching the multiple backgrounds that comes with a theme. YES, you can. Basically, do the same thing you do for choosing backgrounds, then select the theme (which should already be selected). It'll then show all the different backgrounds related to that theme.

Edit: Seems there's a glitch with the Crystal one. If I try to select the 6th picture for a background, it sets it to the default/1st one.

Switched all backgrounds to black, backed out, changed them back to my wallpapers - did nothing for the load times.
Don't know what to tell you then. It certainly worked for a few of us in the thread. Have you rebooted the thing?
music licensing fees?
That could definitely explain it.
nope
don't understand why this happens. wtf Sony?
It happens because of the old PSP hack which went through the buffer overflow.

daydream

Banned
Don't know what to tell you then. It certainly worked for a few of us in the thread. Have you rebooted the thing?

Yeah, did nothing, sadly. Just to confirm: By "undo all your wallpapers, set them to black", you mean manually picking the black background (last one in the 3rd row) for every page, backing out, then putting the wallpapers back in, then restart, right?

Bought the themes through the PS App and will download once home. Gonna see which icon set I like before changing out the wallpapers in the theme to the ones that I have now (P4G ones from release).

Also, I never noticed a dip in quality in my wallpapers, not with this update nor any prior.

Yeah, did nothing, sadly. Just to confirm: By "undo all your wallpapers, set them to black", you mean manually picking the black background (last one in the 3rd row) for every page, backing out, then putting the wallpapers back in, then restart, right?

Yes. That's precisely what I did. All pages to black, then I reapplied my customs. Russell gave me these directions:

Go in and change the background on all your screens to the pre-installed plain black, and then go back and reset them to your custom. I saw all my screens were fading in and out of the blue wave between transitions, but I did the above and now it fades in and out to black.

On the downside, it looks like two of my wallpapers disappeared from my storage somehow. I couldn't find either my main screen (that I use for settings, trophies, friends, remote play, browser etc) or my "cracked LCD" one that I use for my very bottom page.
I honestly have no idea why it's not working on yours. Mine was doing that terrible "blue" default screen in between page transitions and now it's not doing it at all. Wish I knew what was up.

daydream

Banned
Yes. That's precisely what I did. All pages to black, then I reapplied my customs. Russell gave me these directions:

I honestly have no idea why it's not working on yours. Mine was doing that terrible "blue" default screen in between page transitions and now it's not doing it at all. Wish I knew what was up.

Oh, I see what the problem is now. First of all, the hint is in fact useful to avoid seeing blue during those transitions, the black backgrounds make it less jarring. However, what some of us are primarily referring to is the time it takes to load in the background images. It used to be really fast for me but now I don't get to see them unless I stop at a page to have one load in. If I just flick through them, I only see the (now) black background.

Oh, I see what the problem is now. First of all, the hint is in fact useful to avoid seeing blue during those transitions, the black backgrounds make it less jarring. However, what some of us are primarily referring to is the time it takes to load in the background images. It used to be really fast for me but now I don't get to see them unless I stop at a page to have one load in. If I just flick through them, I only see the (now) black background.
Oh gotcha, gotcha. My bad, I was confused. I actually haven't noticed that, guess I wasn't paying attention. Weird that suddenly started happening.

ohlawd

wallpapers take longer to show up now. biggest problem I have with this update.

It happens because of the old PSP hack which went through the buffer overflow.

I don't know what the fuck that means but alright lol I'll take it.

I'll sit here and wait for a Ys: MoC or P4G theme pls Sony. Bonus points if they're Karna and Rise-centric.

Not really blown away by the themes. Fonts aren't affected, which is the main benefit of the PS3 themes. Most of the icons that the themes do affect are hidden away in a folder because they are useless bullshit apps.

Top Bottom