• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't get airplane mode. I thought it disables all network features.

So i turned it on yeah?

go into PSN store. it ask that wifi is on so i say yes. wifi is on. but the airplane is still there.

so i look at the notification bar. just airplane.

I go into Group Messaging. it doesn't even ask me to turn on wifi. It just connects to wifi. so it shows both wifi and airplane.

KooPaL

My most played game has been UMvC3 and its just in the training room and a handful of online matches. I don't know but lately i've been really tired from work to the point that the Vita is the only form of entertainment I could do in my bed.

On a side note, is anyone also overwhelmed by the amount of PSP games that are actually pretty good? I only bought Tactics Ogre for now and will be buying loads of games (Monster Hunter probably next) meaning I don't see a drought of games for this system in the forseeable future.

Takao

Banned
Played all of today's demos. What a steaming pile. Where's the MLB 12 demo?

Dynasty Warriors was okay.

I'm really disappointed in Modnation though. I could almost justify buying the game without an online mode, but everything else is bad.

scy

yeah. you have to use the cart. it's one of those always on the system pick up and play type of game so DD is a no brainer.

Oh, thought it was more than that :x I'll just deal with having HSG on cart, I think ... hopefully that'll work out in the long run. Already bought it and all.

kuroshiki

My most played game has been UMvC3 and its just in the training room and a handful of online matches. I don't know but lately i've been really tired from work to the point that the Vita is the only form of entertainment I could do in my bed.

On a side note, is anyone also overwhelmed by the amount of PSP games that are actually pretty good? I only bought Tactics Ogre for now and will be buying loads of games (Monster Hunter probably next) meaning I don't see a drought of games for this system in the forseeable future.

drought? more like overwhelming. Tactics ogre, Valkyria chronicle 2, YS series, Dracula X, godeater and phantasy star portable 2 if added later...the list goes on and on and on.

Takao

Banned
The only good thing I can say about Modnation after that demo is at least the music's good. It's seriously so disappointing to see it turn out like this. The demo even has glitches. I flew off of a ramp into a part of the area I wasn't supposed to be so I was trapped. Terrible frame rate, and sub native res is incredibly apparent too.

JWong

Banned
I feel like I played only 10% of Valkyria Chronicles 2, and I've already played 15 hours.

Is this a lot longer than the first one?

Damn these PSP RPGs!

frequency

I feel like I played only 10% of Valkyria Chronicles 2, and I've already played 15 hours.

Is this a lot longer than the first one?

Damn these PSP RPGs!

I played it for a lot longer than the first one. But there's a lot more grinding and battles on the same maps and stuff. The game is just structured way differently than the first one.

whitehawk

Banned
okay, so AR games are so much better than the 3DS AR games. They are so much smoother and work better. I can get closer to the cards than i could on the 3DS, and the framerate is much much smoother.

Bebpo

Banned
Went to grab the "free" Katamari DLC levels and play them, in hopes they'd extend the very short single player game.

bebpo: OH MY GOD
bebpo: after you download the "free" Katamari DLC levels (there are 2 available now)
bebpo: you have to unlock them in-game with 10 RARE ITEMS each level
bebpo: I got about 1 in an entire game playthrough
bebpo: but
bebpo: you can BUY
bebpo: packs of FIVE of the rare items
bebpo: for $2.99 each
bebpo: from the DLC store
bebpo: OH MY GOD, SCAMCO HAS NO LIMITS

Takao

Banned
okay, so AR games are so much better than the 3DS AR games. They are so much smoother and work better. I can get closer to the cards than i could on the 3DS, and the framerate is much much smoother.

I played Reality Fighters without the cards.

Was okay.

GQman2121

Banned
That's a real shame about the Modnation demo. What's even worse is that the PSP version (which is decent from what I understand) is not transferable from a PS3. You can't tell me that shit isn't premeditated.

Just got through Lumines.

Oh boy, I've fallen back in love. The music is really interesting. I wasn't prepared for that last skin, and beefed it on the repeat of the first skin. Only 700k, but 10 million will be mine!

This group better put out some DLC with new skins as alluded in the 8-4 podcast. I really like the Electronic theme, and hopefully the price won't be eye-gouging.

Takao

Banned
That's a real shame about the Modnation demo. What's even worse is that the PSP version (which is decent from what I understand) is not transferable from a PS3. You can't tell me that shit isn't premeditated.

The worst part about Road Trip on Vita is that the track creation suite, and other stuff really is great. It's much easier to make a cool looking track on Vita than it was on PSP and PS3. It's really unfortunate the rest of the package is very obviously rushed. This is not the way Modnation should die.

I hope when LBP Karting comes around to Vita they take their time, since I think they have a winner.

whitehawk

Banned
I played Reality Fighters without the cards.

Was okay.
I thought the fireworks game wasn't too bad. If you put down 3 ar cards it can be challenging.

also, I wish the PSP compatibility list was better. Just tried downloading a bunch of PSP demos to me PS3 and none of them will transfer. And my 2 free games from the PSN outage (LBP and Syphon Filter) won't transfer :(

i-Lo

Looking at the screenshot thread, I can honestly say that I see great potential with the system which I hope it lives up to as the years go by.

Would love to see new IPs from Sony first party to grace the system.

Raonak

Banned
Hows shinobido 2?

I saw some gameplay vids, looks pretty awesome. I absolutely loved tenchu 2, one of my favourite PS1 games. And it looks like a spritual successor of sorts (made by the same people?)

hopefully someone who's played tenchu can comment.

whitehawk

Banned
Did modnation racers just limit my brightness? I tried to turn of the brightness, and it was stuk at a few notches below the full setting...

Raonak

Banned
I thought the fireworks game wasn't too bad. If you put down 3 ar cards it can be challenging.

also, I wish the PSP compatibility list was better. Just tried downloading a bunch of PSP demos to me PS3 and none of them will transfer. And my 2 free games from the PSN outage (LBP and Syphon Filter) won't transfer :(

If im not mistaken, no PSP demoes work.

Also, im 80% sure LBP and SF are compatible; Are you sure you checked the PSP/Other section when transfering?

whitehawk

Banned
If im not mistaken, no PSP demoes work.

Also, im 80% sure LBP and SF are compatible; Are you sure you checked the PSP/Other section when transfering?
Well when I went to download history on the playstation store, it said this content can not be downloaded on a vita.

Raonak

Banned
Well when I went to download history on the playstation store, it said this content can not be downloaded on a vita.

Ah, I assumed you meant PS3 because you were talking about transfering demoes.
.about 95% of the PSP games can be transfered via PS3- so they should be transferrable if you do it via ps3.

I've never played Tenchu so I can't offer comparisons, but: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35478327&postcount=10992

Hmm, sounds good. heard it's a lot like the old tenchu games.
Sounds like a buy, haven't played a good ninja game in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom