• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one may be a risk for you but Tales from Space Mutant Blobs Attack is also an excellent platformer which does some really cool and unique things game play wise. It's only 8 dollars too. One of the gems of the launch really.

Not really a platformer guy but I've already decided on Rayman origins as my first retail title. May consider tfsmba later down the line.

As it stands I'm going to keep it simple

Superstardust delta
Rayman origins

Sfa3max
Who's that flying
Twin blades.

When the price come down a bit I'll pick up NGS+ and UMVC3

I might pick up gravity daze if the demo impresses me.

Outside of that, I'm in no rush to pick up any more games for a while. I've got enough gadgets and games as it is and there is no point in buying things I'll never find the time to play.

VanWinkle

I'm downloading a Touch My Katamari demo, and it's moved two megabytes in about twenty minutes. Never had that happen before but it's been going that slow all night. I think it's finally moving at a [comparatively] decent rate now, though.

Ken

Hmm, sounds good. heard it's a lot like the old tenchu games.
Sounds like a buy, haven't played a good ninja game in a while.

Just be prepared for some really frustrating game mechanics, like trying to assassinate a guy and having your AI partners knock you out of it repeatedly.

whitehawk

Banned
You cannot outright download LBP from your PSN account on your Vita. However, you can transfer it from your PS3.
I can't even copy it from my PS3. Once it's done copying it says "Could not copy some content", and LBP isn't on my PSVita. However I was able to copy Killzone Liberation.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ok, comment and two questions.

Comment!

The Katamari DLC is 2 free levels that require you to unlock with either paying for or finding Fan Damacies in levels. I don't know how you can go through the entire single player and only have one. I think I still have one more level to clear and I have 7, and that doesn't count the ones I've not collected in a level because I forgot about them. I've found that they appear in levels about 50% of the time...It's really not that bad.

Questions!

1 - Does UMvC3 really have DLC for Jill and Shuma? I figured they would have included them in game...

2 - How exactly do I redeem my FEB free game? I havent done anything with the free 3G yet, so I'm slightly clueless.

Ran rp

6939595503_9dc1438421.jpg

Best hand held I have ever owned.

Yuss.

Ken

Ok, comment and two questions.

Comment!

The Katamari DLC is 2 free levels that require you to unlock with either paying for or finding Fan Damacies in levels. I don't know how you can go through the entire single player and only have one. I think I still have one more level to clear and I have 7, and that doesn't count the ones I've not collected in a level because I forgot about them. I've found that they appear in levels about 50% of the time...It's really not that bad.

Questions!

1 - Does UMvC3 really have DLC for Jill and Shuma? I figured they would have included them in game...

2 - How exactly do I redeem my FEB free game? I havent done anything with the free 3G yet, so I'm slightly clueless.
1) yeah, Shuma and Jill are DLC.

Raonak

Banned
does anyone know where the secret events are in wipeout? that notification always pops up for me but idk where to find them...

I recall something about being able to use the backtouch to uncover secret events.
I know touching the back raises the triangles in the event selection screen.

Marz

So I wonder how they're going to go about adding more PSP games. Are they going to drip-feed them to us little by little or are we going to get them in large bunches.

Also need to hurry up with the PS1 support.

Gunpriest

Neo Member
Does anyone know if the notifications popups can be turned off somewhere? I can't find an option to disable them. It is a big issue in Virtua Tennis 4. They cover up a big portion of the opponents side of the playfield. Impossible to see, what the opponent is doing and impossible to respond accordingly. It did cost me almost a championship :(

The blue dot with the numbers could stay, but i need the text popups to go away.

Gotta say, I'm really happy with my decision to go 100% digital distribution (outside of the financial hit, but whatevs).

I'm absolutely loving not having to worry about swapping out carts all. I switch back from game to game with ease and can't imagine ever going back to the alternative of having to manually remove carts....(ugh) Feels soooo good, man!

Ken

Does anyone know if the notifications popups can be turned off somewhere? I can't find an option to disable them. It is a big issue in Virtua Tennis 4. They cover up a big portion of the opponents side of the playfield. Impossible to see, what the opponent is doing and to respond accordingly. It did cost me almost a championship :(

The blue dot with the numbers could stay, but i need the text popups to go away.
Not that I'm aware of, no.

Maybe you could close the apps that are giving you notifications?

Check your email if you bought a Vita at Gamestop with your Power Up Card. Just got my $10 off coupon that's good toward MLB 12, Unit 13 and Reality Fighters.

GQman2121

Banned
Why can't you download videos in HD from the video side of the store? One of the benefits of having a psn account is that you can share content between the two systems. I'm far less likely to buy something if I can only take full advantage of it on one device.

Thoraxes

Isn't the Vita's resolution sub HD though? Would that make a difference?

Also, I just read something about used games not counting towards trophies? Is this true... and why?

Eusis

Went to grab the "free" Katamari DLC levels and play them, in hopes they'd extend the very short single player game.
See, this is why many of us were VERY VERY weary about the news of buying points in Katamari, there was a possibility they would NOT be balanced in a way that made them a shortcut so much as THE way to go unless you were willing to grind out those points. Very much not a "shortcut for more casual players" thing.

Raonak

Banned
Gotta say, I'm really happy with my decision to go 100% digital distribution (outside of the financial hit, but whatevs).

I'm absolutely loving not having to worry about swapping out carts all. I switch back from game to game with ease and can't imagine ever going back to the alternative of having to manually remove carts....(ugh) Feels soooo good, man!

Totally with ya.
Especially with challenges or near gifts. You can click on them and it'll launch into the game directly. no having to worry about switching into the game beforehand.

constally getting uncharted near gifts. it's neat just clicking on the uncharted icon to just jump to the game.

Apath

does anyone know where the secret events are in wipeout? that notification always pops up for me but idk where to find them...
They are hidden on the campaign map and you reveal them by tapping on the screen in a blank location. I found this out via the manual, after getting frustrated from the Secret Event notifications constantly popping up. I found the Feisar Prototype Event just above the Wipeout 2048 logo, to the right IIRC. You can tell it's there because the triangle/grid pieces on the map sort of raise together where it is.

Is Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack worth picking up? Haven't heard much discussion about that title.

I kind of want a platformer, and I really want to grab Rayman, but probably not until it comes down in price.

raven777

Gravity Daze DLC info:

3 packs will be released each week starting March 22nd.

Each pack will include

• 1 costume
  • 2 side missions
  • 2 challenge missions

price is 400yen each.

Has anyone bought from http://www.r4shops.com/

Searching for a case, I'm seeing it linked from a few places and it looks like a scam but not sure if it is. Prices too good too be true and free shipping? lol

Hustle Kings is one simple but great looking game with some details. It's basically a 1:1 port of the PS3 version which is quite nice.

This loading screen looks sharp as nails on the Vita screen
2012-02-28-205223gyksd.jpg

Angled view of the table
2012-02-28-205414f2kj6.jpg

Lowered view of the table and some balls
2012-02-28-205459bjkhx.jpg

Them balls close up
2012-02-28-205619stjkn.jpg

Sexy.

Sucks so bad that I bought Hustle Kings on a dummy account so I can't really get my free copy.

whitehawk

Banned
PSY・S;35579749 said:
How do you change the background of the lockscreen?

Are you leaving the game as a "bubble" on your PS3? I had no trouble getting LBP working.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I select LBP on my PS3, turn on my PSVita, copy it, and it won't finish copying. I always get an error.

Isn't the Vita's resolution sub HD though? Would that make a difference?

Also, I just read something about used games not counting towards trophies? Is this true... and why?
Yes, but it's also larger than 480p I believe, so it's better to scale down 720p content.

Is Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack worth picking up? Haven't heard much discussion about that title.

I kind of want a platformer, and I really want to grab Rayman, but probably not until it comes down in price.

Lots of people have been saying its one of Vitas best launch titles.

I think i'll be in the same boat as you. I can't seem to find Rayman in any stores i'm gonna wait. Instead I got a new PSN card so I might just buy TFS to fill that gap in the meantime.

Gravity Daze DLC info:

3 packs will be released each week starting March 22nd.

Each pack will include

• 1 costume
  • 2 side missions
  • 2 challenge missions

price is 400yen each.

Nice. I hope these come in-game in the western release

mandiller

I'm loving the PSV so far. It's a very nice system. There are a few problems such as how unintuitive the friend list is in how it takes ages to access and you need to connect to it manually instead of it being always on, one click away.

Aside from those things it's amazing what they packed into this system at launch. It's a much fuller package than when the 3DS launched.

Here's a couple of pics I took:

OVLp4.jpg

4GVjV.jpg

r68n3.jpg

P.S. The wrist strap that comes with the 3DS's Circle Pad Pro is awesome for the PSV.

Do you think a retailer warranty is recommended? Or should I just save my money?

Thinking about getting a 2 year warranty with the system, but I'm not sure if I should spend the extra $30 for it.

About the Gravity Daze/Rush DLC. Posted the translated stuff in the other thread but I'll throw it here too.

The first pack is the "Spy" part, which features one costume, two story missions and two challenge missions for 400 yen. The first story mission, roughly titled "I beg your pardon sir" sees Gravity Kitten taking a request from officer Cid to infiltrate an organization called the Rabbit Network. The second mission, "Dream of the ghost", sees a previously killed enemy make his surprising return as the city is plunged into chaos.

http://www.japanator.com/kitten-s-ba...22-22268.phtml

leng jai

Currently the price is the only thing keeping me back from buying everything on DD. I've got 2 carts already and I'm so much more inclined to play the one already in or downloaded its not funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom