• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

That's way too long from now. I'm glad I'm importing.

I hope this means that there will be notable releases between now and June though.
Notable releases other than sports games and shooters and bleh.
I don't think there are any. :(

Are you going to get the JP DLC? With the new release date, I feel like I should just go out and find some JPSN cards for them.

SmokyDave

lol :)

What do you think of GT btw. i was playing it last night, it's starting to get its claws into me!

I love it. Love, love, love it. Had it running side-by-side on the Vita and my PSP2000 last night and it looks so much better on the Vita. I debated not transferring my garage over and starting the whole thing again but I ended up lapping the Nurburgring in a Merc 190 Evo 2 instead. I can't believe how much depth there is in the physics / handling. It's better than anything that was available for consoles prior to this generation. Yum.

I've only just started turning my thoughts towards the potential of a GT built for the Vita that integrates with GT5 properly. Such a thing would destroy my life, I wouldn't be able to stop playing it.

DoubleTap

I am extremely irritated at the USB charging limitations.

Especially since they seem trivial and arbitrary.

At least there are already mods surfacing:
http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/26419/PS+Vita+USB+Mod.html

And that guy didn't even really know what he was doing. But he got it to charge from a portable battery.

I hope 3rd parties make new Vita data/charge cables that remove this stupid limitation, as I'd like to use my Brunton Restore that I already own to recharge the Vita when I'm out of the country or away from wall outlets for extended trips.

EDIT - this solution is much better
http://www.snapturtle.com/wp/2012/02/22/ps-vita-usb-charging-solved/

Thanks for this! I've been looking for alternative methods to charge my Vita. Sony got everything right with this device except the atrocious power cord and limited charging options.

I'll take one for the team and also try the power switching adapter from Amazon - thanks to DBT85.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
As much as I like my Vita, I wish that Sony brings back the XMB. I like everything to be organized in folders- one for Vita games, one for Vita apps, one for PSP games, one for minis, etc., like the PS3. I think it would be a good idea if Sony brought the XMB to the Vita and allowed customers to choose between that and the current Vita UI. Assuming that this is possible, of course.

I may write a letter to Yoshida-san on this.

patsu

Debatable (For its time, PSP certainly did its tasks better than most alternatives of which there were few.) but that's beside the point. The complaint at the time was as much about just the act of putting any focus on non-gaming tasks at all. Now that we live in a world where every mobile device is a jack-of-all-trades by default it doesn't even register that the PS Vita starts with a much larger of library of movies to buy than the PSP did, for example. That was seen as such a big threat to the PSP's "core values" at the time, LOL.

Well, none of the earlier devices attempted it as comprehensively as PSP, but that doesn't mean PSP hit all the necessary targets. There were missing media sync software. The big games didn't come until much later. It never did any of its tasks well. The Homebrew people pushed PSP further than Sony did, in terms of realizing its potential.

DBT85

If you order this can you tell me if it works with the Vita using the Trent, I'd rather not do the mod tbh, my soldering skills are not great.

Of course! I'll be getting one of the engineers at work to do it :p

Thanks for this! I've been looking for alternative methods to charge my Vita. Sony got everything right with this device except the atrocious power cord and limited charging options.

I'll take one for the team and also try the power switching adapter from Amazon - thanks to DBT85.

No worries, hope they work!

On a different note. Both Unit 13 and Gravity Rush have been announced as being released on Wednesdays in the EU. March 7th and June 13th respectively. All retailers currently say Unit 13 is out on Friday 9th though.

I've sent a tweet at the PS Blog to see what they say but what do we think?

Guys, I've been meaning to check in on this: are your PS Vita's buttons a bit wobbly? Mine move about a little beneath my finger if I make circular motions. It's not a big deal (my old PSP was the same) I just wanted to check that it's a common thing.

The buttons are springy and clicky when pressed, they just wobble if I move them beneath my thumb. I'm presuming it's the same for all Vitas?

As much as I like my Vita, I wish that Sony brings back the XMB. I like everything to be organized in folders- one for Vita games, one for Vita apps, one for PSP games, one for minis, etc., like the PS3. I think it would be a good idea if Sony brought the XMB to the Vita and allowed customers to choose between that and the current Vita UI. Assuming that this is possible, of course.

They will add folder support. This will probably be one of the first things Sony adds.

frequency

I don't think there are any. :(

Are you going to get the JP DLC? With the new release date, I feel like I should just go out and find some JPSN cards for them.

I think that's my biggest problem with the Vita right now. Besides the save files thing, it's that there are like no games for me in the near future. I really hope Japanese support gets better really soon. Right now, it's not much of a PSP successor for me.

I probably won't get the DLC. I'm not a DLC kind of person. It's rarely ever worth it, and it often feels like I'm paying for content that wasn't good enough to make it into the main game.

Fucking geniuses.

Quote from the comments.
Vader582 said:
The warning also says:
"To earn trophies, you must first delete all data related to the application and then start the application."
Seems that negates any doom and gloom that you sold your headline on?
vita-trophy-locked.jpg

Maybe you should do just a WEE bit of research before you go regurgitating your moronic yellow journalistic bile? Hmm? Food for thought...

He just took a dump on Sterling's head.

Ken

I think that's my biggest problem with the Vita right now. Besides the save files thing, it's that there are like no games for me in the near future. I really hope Japanese support gets better really soon. Right now, it's not much of a PSP successor for me.

I probably won't get the DLC. I'm not a DLC kind of person. It's rarely ever worth it, and it often feels like I'm paying for content that wasn't good enough to make it into the main game.
I see. I wish I had your resolve and stance on DLC ; I'm weak to alternate costumes so if they do release any good ones, I might end up breaking and buying it. D:

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Loving the standby battery life on this thing, I just treat this device like a mobile phone, if I've finished using it I just put it to one side and let it go into standby on it's own.

So its payday! Going to treat myself to a new Vita game but which one?

I am current enjoying Space Mutants, Escape Plan and VT4. I have Fifa but not sure if I will keep, its good but I still play the console version with mates most days and UT.

I am tempted by Uncharted but currently going through 3, so not sure I will be motivated to play it! Anyone else finished 3 then jumped straight into GA? Can Gravity Daze br imported to UK? Or is it coming out soon?

patsu

Gah... I'd rather not. I like XMB also but the last thing Sony needs is 2 UI. Tell Shuhei your issues with Vita UI and get them to improve it.

If they want to play with XMB, I'd add touch input to RemotePlay instead. That way we can play with PS3 XMB using the touch screen. The priority should be lower than the freezing issues, faster backup and critical browser + app enhancements though.

Ken

So its payday! Going to treat myself to a new Vita game but which one?

I am current enjoying Space Mutants, Escape Plan and VT4. I have Fifa but not sure if I will keep, its good but I still play the console version with mates most days and UT.

I am tempted by Uncharted but currently going through 3, so not sure I will be motivated to play it! Anyone else finished 3 then jumped straight into GA? Can Gravity Daze br imported to UK? Or is it coming out soon?
Is June 13 soon?

Awww no Vita ZoE? :(

Loving Unchated! How is NGS+, I feel like I'm gonna need another action game. I originally purchased it but swapped it out for Lumines, which I still haven't opened.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So I picked up my psp so I could transfer over the saves and OH MY GOD does this thing look so different now. Just the feeling, the plastic casing, and the screen. Only now do I realize how much of a step up the vita is!

JWong

Banned
Anyone with Ragnarok Odyssey in Japan.

When you played the game, did you play it with English system settings? Does it have English trophies?

Maybe I'll ask Dcharlie or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom