• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that basically what it is? I've seen video comparison and it seem like that case.

Yeah that's what I meant, it would have been nice to get a proper version. Also I think I saw that it is priced the same increased prices as Uncharted which is ridiculous.

Atcha

Uncharted looks great, but after 2 (which I thought was amazing) I kinda burned out and lost interest in the franchise.

As for Fifa, not a fan of football (or soccer for you americans). Don't find the sport interesting at all.

I thought about getting UMvC3, but I saw the price and laughed. Then I saw that I'd have to get Jill as DLC and the price for her and laughed some more. What the fuck is going on at Capcom?

If you like the first uncharted , you will love this new one :D

Cookie18

Anyone know if Sony is going to release a bigger memory card in the future?

Or will 32GB be the biggest one? I’ll need more space so it’s a little annoying.

Nothing has been announced but I think we can almost guarantee bigger cards will be released and that the bigger sizes will come down in price.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Great success!

EjjK0.jpg

Number45

http://www.hookshotinc.com/frobisher-says-play-my-stupid-videogame/

Made me chuckle, and a little sad that we have to wait so long for Frobisher Says (if you didn't pre-order at certain retailers...).

Nothing has been announced but I think we can almost guarantee bigger cards will be released and that the bigger sizes will come down in price.
This is why I'm happy to stick with retail as much as possible at the moment and my 8GB card. In the future I might convert to DD if I can get a huge card for a reasonable price.

Zoibie

Okay Royal Mail, you've been surprisingly good with getting things here for launch in the past, now isn't the time to start disappointing me.

DBT85

My Vita is on the van for delivery!

My PS3 managed to download about 1GB since midnight... half of Fifa demo and half of Escape plan.

Also nice to see Motorstorm RC has 200 ratings on the UK store already and averaged 4.73. More ratings than any other game I think. All that done in what, 12-14 hours?

Edit: several folks on another forum I visit have had issues with their Vodafone SIM and were told by Voda CS that they will need to be sent a new one. Anything similar for Gaffers?

Mung

Okay Royal Mail, you've been surprisingly good with getting things here for launch in the past, now isn't the time to start disappointing me.

Is it standard delivery or express? GAME sent mine with standard delivery yesterday.. not sure how long that takes!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
http://www.hookshotinc.com/frobisher-says-play-my-stupid-videogame/

Made me chuckle, and a little sad that we have to wait so long for Frobisher Says (if you didn't pre-order at certain retailers...).

Hmmm, wait...is it available now for preorder-ers?

Nice! Did you go with GAME in the end?

I'm heading to Gamestop at lunch to pick up my haul :)

I did. I decided not to trade my 3DS so I'm less sore than I would be if I was trading in (and losing so much value at GAME - 90 euro for a 3DS vs 150 euro at Gamestop!). Don't go announcing a new revision today, Nintendo.

Number45

Thanks guys. I just wish we had more options from day one. 32GB is not enough.

Hopefully transferring data to a bigger memory card won't be a hassle.
You can backup the card via the content manager and then restore to a new one I believe (assuming you're using the same PSN account).

Hmmm, wait...is it available now for preorder-ers?
I thought it was available at launch if you are entitled, but now that you mention it I don't recall it being on the store update blog post.

just got mine from HMV on Oxford Street, I and another guy almost got shafted with my 3DS trade in price (the one they had was ridiculously low), only after an argument a knowledgeable employee came in and gave the right price. Could this be added to the OP?

WARNING - HMV UK buyers trading in a 3DS
- HMV cash register shows a much lower price for trading in a 3DS when reading the barcode from the sheet than it should.
- Check the price from the HMV Replay app before going
- If price at cashier ia wrong, insist they check it from the computer instead of reading the barcode
I added a link to your post in the OP, although it would be better suited for a Vita launch deals thread. Too bad the one we have is US specific.

koenigtee

Neo Member
Uncharted looks great, but after 2 (which I thought was amazing) I kinda burned out and lost interest in the franchise.

As for Fifa, not a fan of football (or soccer for you americans). Don't find the sport interesting at all.

I thought about getting UMvC3, but I saw the price and laughed. Then I saw that I'd have to get Jill as DLC and the price for her and laughed some more. What the fuck is going on at Capcom?

personally leveldesign of uc ga is better than uc3, worth a try
not a big fan of sport game either, but when i got my fifa and been playing for several days, i find it is so interesting and have lot fun
bought umc, not a big fan of it, but impressive

Snowballo

Hey guys,

is there a tutorial to create a japanese/hk account in order to get some demos and then go back to our us/euro account?

Thanks.

Bumhead

Banned

I'm impatiently waiting for Royal Mail too. My Vita was dispatched by Amazon on Monday so it bloody wants to get here today..

I don't have much confidence in Royal Mail at the best of times but I'm sat here on tenterhooks today.

Bradach

Nooooo my Memory Card didn't arrive! Now I have a Vita + 3 games but can't play with it. ;(

I think sony should have allowed a small amount of space for game saves from the system storage, even just 100mb or something . its a gaming machine that can't perform its primary function without getting an 'accessory'.

DBT85

Uncharted, Rayman and Lumines just arrived (£42 total ;))

First thing I thought was "shit me these are tiny!"

Also my earbud pouch arrived to put my came carts in for when the VIP case finally arrives. Nice little leather (I think) Sony walkman one.

Yellow DS3 is just for size comparison for anyone who has not yes seen how TINY these cart boxes are. Had that for a while now.

IMAG0301.jpg

Hype levels reaching critical.

Pachimari

It's pathetic that a 4GB doesn't come with the package.

Absolutely NO stores have them.

And I don't know how to cancel my order at Lockerz, great...

Binabik15

Oh god, Rayman is so pretty. I don't really like platformers, though.

Now I'll try Uncharted.

Vita could be a bit more comfortable to hold, the more rounded edges of the PSP Slim are better, IMO.

SHarris78

Great system but a nightmare to set up.

Anyone in UKGaf signed up with vodaphone 3G yet? The online sign up on the Vita isn't working, and when i enter my 'mobile number' to register an account with Vodaphone online it asks for a security code which i should received via txt, but i'm not using a mobile phone so where has this 'text' gone!!

f@luS

More than a member.
anybody know why a lot of "trial" dissapeared from the store? i saw them yesterday and not today

Carl

Anyone in UKGaf signed up with vodaphone 3G yet? The online sign up on the Vita isn't working, and when i enter my 'mobile number' to register an account with Vodaphone online it asks for a security code which i should received via txt, but i'm not using a mobile phone so where has this 'text' gone!!

It gets texted to your Vita, presumably.

Bleh! The site I was gonna import from doesn’t ship to Australia.

All I want is the console and a 32GB memory card for a good price. Anyone know a site to import from the US to Australia?

FreeMufasa

Uncharted, Rayman and Lumines just arrived (£42 total ;))

First thing I thought was "shit me these are tiny!"

Also my earbud pouch arrived to put my came carts in for when the VIP case finally arrives. Nice little leather (I think) Sony walkman one.

Yellow DS3 is just for size comparison for anyone who has not yes seen how TINY these cart boxes are. Had that for a while now.

IMAG0301.jpg

Hype levels reaching critical.

I want that PS3 controller.

Forsete

Gold Member
Vitabros. Im at work now so I cant check PSN. But has Virtua Tennis been released on the EU PSN and is there a demo?

Grumbul

I've been having the same issue since yesterday.

The weird thing is that the Vita can actually receive text message - go to Settings > Network > Mobile Network Settings > Notices from Operator.

However I am still not receiving that Security Code that is required to sign up for MyAccount.

Sporran

I have exactly the same problem thought it was just me, it went through and thought great, but never received the sms to teh vita, tried to text vita from my mobile and no sms received though sent.

Also noticed in the system settings that it recognises the sim number but the phone number field is blank. Didnt want to mess any further in case, knowing my luck i cock up my chance to get wipeout for free :)

SHarris78

It gets texted to your Vita, presumably.

I've checked on the Vita and can't find no messages. Plus i've just imput the download code for the 3 free AR games and its says its invalid, tried it again and again and its not working.

Never had this much hassle with a new console before.

linkboy

I think sony should have allowed a small amount of space for game saves from the system storage, even just 100mb or something . its a gaming machine that can't perform its primary function without getting an 'accessory'.

Every game that comes on a memory card should have space reserved for saving directly to the card.

Number45

Somebody posted earlier that they have their Wipeout code through from Vodafone, so it must be possible. Perhaps it's better to sign up via browser?

MarkusRJR

Netflix isn't working for me. It keeps telling me every video is unavailable and I should try again (a billion times later I turned off my PSV). I'm in Canada if that matters. :/

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
ugh, how does one go about getting a refund from PSN? My Mutant Blobs Attack purchase seems to have screwed up, as it didnt download, and now its showing as Buy Now again in the store.

Another thing, is there a way to switch off Bluetooth permanently? It keeps coming back on for some reason, and dont want it to be a battery drain when I have zero use for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom