• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.
wu526gxe.jpg

Man, I'm so happy right now ^_^

Me:

y568qgni.jpg

Wait, what? :-O

Stop hoarding Vitas, you... hoarder. :p

SHarris78

Ridge Racer is availbale Retail, got it myself.

Just went to redeem my £5 off Escape Plan and its says invalid code. The number of problems i've had with this thing is ridiculous. Now it seems we can't even sign up for 3G due to Vodaphone being a bunch of numpties.

Jeez......

PaulLFC

YESSSSSSS

idOZSI33A9rcs.png

Delivery estimate was 11:13 to 12:13, delivered at 11:14 - now that's good service! Shame I can't play it for another few hours :(

madmackem

Just went to redeem my £5 off Escape Plan and its says invalid code. The number of problems i've had with this thing is ridiculous. Now it seems we can't even sign up for 3G due to Vodaphone being a bunch of numpties.

Jeez......

Where do you enter the code for katamari mate?.

Carl

Jeez......

Apparently SCEE are working on the codes as "a matter of priority" so it'll be about a year.

Bumhead

Banned
This thread is bad for my health, watching everybody elses Vita's come in while I sit here waiting for Royal bastard Mail..

Grumbul

I've just got off the phone from them, it appears there has been a massive cock-up and all the sim cards in the UK boxes have been deactivated and they cannot be turned back on. (They auto deactivate if they are not registered in time.)

I've got to wait 2-3 days for them to post me a new one, so no Wipeout for me for a while.

This is completely contradictory to what my phone call's resolution was.

I was passed from customer service to tech to engineering in the end.

Apparently the SIM cards are deactivated and require a £5.00 top up in order to get them activated in the first instance.

As soon as this is done you can then sign up for a MyAccount as normal - the text with your Security Code will come to your "Notifications from Operator" area and also via the notifications bubble in the top right.

This thread is bad for my health, watching everybody elses Vita's come in while I sit here waiting for Royal bastard Mail..

It is much worse for my health... I convinced myself that I could wait until Christmas because there wasn't enough games for launch or my birthday (July).

Now I see I was wrong and am getting really tempted.

Little bit sad in a way Plants V. Zombies was the game that has pushed me over the edge. But Lumines, Rayman, Uncharted and PvZ ... yum.

kitch9

Banned

Apparently the SIM cards are deactivated and require a £5.00 top up in order to get them activated in the first instance.

As soon as this is done you can then sign up for a MyAccount as normal - the text with your Security Code will come to your "Notifications from Operator" area and also via the notifications bubble in the top right.

My CS rep said my sim didn't exist and nothing he could do, so he ordered a new sim.

Its a mess

SHarris78

Just phoned Vodaphone and told them (even though i didn't know for sure!) to activate my sim card, which they did along with a £5 topup. Job done!

Anyone else pre-order at Morrisons in the UK? Probably just my luck with the store I used to collect, but my god it was an ordeal.

I think about 7 staff members got involved at one point or another trying to figure out what the vita was, how to scan it through, what the price should be, etc. Thank god I saved all the details about the order prior to heading in.

Now because it took like an hour for them to sort it, I have no time to try it out until after work. Damn.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Rayman Origins looks beautiful on the Vita screen. It's my first go at the game and I'm having a lot of fun thus far. The art looks so crisp and vibrant on the screen, and it runs silky smooth. It's seriously beautiful. So refreshing to play a game with a sense of humor!

Not much else to report yet. The system is superb! *Swoon*

;P
Only problem: My 32GB card is still not here.
Ordered it from Canada (around 85€)
Come on >:-I

That's why I ordered a JP one from Play Asia. It arrived monday, so when I got my Vita I was ready. I just knew if I ordered a US one it would be late.

150 euros (mem card + shipping + import fees)

T_T

Still worth it. XD

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Can someone sell me on Rayman? I bought the console version a couple of weeks ago and haven't gone through most of it yet.

Other than good performance and the OLED lending itself to emphasize the game's beautiful aesthetics, what can I expect?

SHarris78

You just ring them and ask them to activate a Vita SIM card?

What's their number? :)

Hate you

Number is 08700 776655, just tell them to activate it, you'll need your Vita handy (wth WIFI turned off) and a credit/debit card to top up minimum of £5.

So this is what you did and it worked?

SHarris78

ALSO, once you're all 3g'ed up, if you want to register with the vodaphone site on the internet, the text they mention sending you comes through almost instantly on the Vita!!

PS. 08700 776655 worked for me

Can someone sell me on Rayman? I bought the console version a couple of weeks ago and haven't gone through most of it yet.

Other than good performance and the OLED lending itself to emphasize the game's beautiful aesthetics, what can I expect?

It's the same game without MP, so I don't see much reason to double dip unless you think you'll be more exited playing it on your Vita for whatever reasons and don't plan on playing it with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom