• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALSO, once you're all 3g'ed up, if you want to register with the vodaphone site on the internet, the text they mention sending you comes through almost instantly on the Vita!!

PS. 08700 776655 worked for me

Do I already have a pay-as-you-go number somewhere or do I just press star?

Can someone please tell if it's possible to transfer the free psp games we've got with the psp go ? Are they tied to the go and cannot be played on another system?

Sporran

Number is 08700 776655, just tell them to activate it, you'll need your Vita handy (wth WIFI turned off) and a credit/debit card to top up minimum of £5.

I just come home for dinner and called them. Told me they cannot activate it as the card is dormant. Said i need to do a voucher top up. Said others are calling and vodafone are activating and he just didnt asnwer.

So i said what about the £5 top wipeout offer he said no code it in the store to download. Sounds bull?

Omikaru

Gotta pick mine up from Tesco Direct "after 4pm". I'm hoping they haven't fucked it up, but the site says "Sending from warehouse to store (Ref #71)". I bet it's already there, and it's only a five minute walk, so I may make the journey in a few minutes to see if it's already there. I don't want to wait another four hours or so...

In other news, GAME fucked up my friend's pre-order. Are we surprised about that at this point?

Vita 3G in the house, ditto on the memory thank god. Not yet activated 3G, but everything else is up and running Happy so far, tried Motorstorm and did automatically get my progress and trophies from last night, very cool!

Carl

I just come home for dinner and called them. Told me they cannot activate it as the card is dormant. Said i need to do a voucher top up. Said others are calling and vodafone are activating and he just didnt asnwer.

So i said what about the £5 top wipeout offer he said no code it in the store to download. Sounds bull?

Try again and hope you get someone competant

DCX

DCX
IMAG0303.jpg

Glory by thy name.

I'm charging my New Trent 11A battery to see if that charges the Vita too. will report back.

I have a Trent also..let me know if it works..that would be fantastic!

DCX

ksimm

Happy Vita Day! I am shocked... I never played Rayman on console so getting it on Vita was a no-brainer judging by the good reviews. Not only is it drop dead gorgeous on the OLED, but it's just a beautiful work of art. I haven't been this amazed by a platformer since Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Megadrive. o_O

Sure we've had some great Mario games, but this is just. :eek:

Amazon UK deserve a virtual pat on the back for sending my replacement Vita out quickly so it got to me this morning. I can happily say this one is flawless. :]
I would also like to add that the game cases are indeed beyond cute.

danno1769

Neo Member
Stupid Best Buy needs to hurry up an open. 10am is too far away >.<

Side note, I hope all the people who paid 49.99 for uncharted get their 10 bucks back. Looks like all stores are price dropping it to 39.99 already to match Toys R Us

mocoworm

I still can't understand people pre-ordering online, and relying on the post, when they are desperate to get something at launch.

Look how many people have either not got their VITA or have a game and no card or a card and no game.

Just WALK INTO A STORE and buy one. No hassles, no worries, all parts there and in order. It's not like stores are sold out.

I can stroll into ASDA, TESCO, GAME, Gamestation, HMV or one of dozen other stores right now and pick up all the stock I want.

Makes no sense.

/GRUMBLE

I still can't understand people pre-ordering online, and relying on the post, when they are desperate to get something at launch.

Look how many people have either not got their VITA or have a game and no card or a card and no game.

Just WALK INTO A STORE and buy one. No hassles, no worries, all parts there and in order. It's not like stores are sold out.

I can stroll into ASDA, TESCO, GAME, Gamestation, HMV or one of dozen other stores right now and pick up all the stock I want.

Makes no sense.

/GRUMBLE

Are they as cheap as my online order? Nope.

Audioboxer

Makes no sense.

/GRUMBLE

A lot of us pay for next day delivery. You gamble when you go for saver or free delivery, but if you pay for next day Amazon/"Insert other online retailer" really should have their shit in gear to get you what you bought on release.

Akim

Banned

Makes no sense.

/GRUMBLE

brb no tax
brb 3 for 2 games
brb free memory card
brb 20 dollar credit

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Can someone sell me on Rayman? I bought the console version a couple of weeks ago and haven't gone through most of it yet.

Other than good performance and the OLED lending itself to emphasize the game's beautiful aesthetics, what can I expect?

The game controls really well on the Vita. I was worried it would feel weird condensed to a smaller screen but the scale is just about perfect. I don't know if that makes sense, but everything reads perfectly and feels right.

Soi-Fong

Makes no sense.

/GRUMBLE

Can't use my Amazon gift card on those stores. Also, I live in the US. I am though walking into Target later and hope to get some games there.

Carl

Makes no sense.

/GRUMBLE

Because it's cheaper and i don't have to leave the house.

Bumhead

Banned
MY UNCHARTED IS HERE.

Nothing else though, just that.

At least I know Royal Mail are alive. It came with the standard post so hoping a parcel delivery arrives later.

DSFan1970

Makes no sense.

/GRUMBLE

Said that for the Wii.

Sporran

Try again and hope you get someone competant
Just tried again and spoke to someone else.

Told the same thing to get a voucher, but this one said get voucher, turn off wifi, 3g card will kick in and activate, the wifi back on and then add top up voucher. :s

Gonna try that and see what happens.

DMeisterJ

Banned

Makes no sense.

/GRUMBLE
The only store you can walk into in launch day that will 100% have all Vita stuff is GameStop, and I'd rather not be assaulted about Edge cards or preorders. And Amazon us giving me a free screen protector.

Cookie18

I'm in my seminar with FIFA in hand but no way of getting my Vita before 3pm :(

I went to collect my post but it hadn't been sorted and they refused to have a quick look.

Knowing that my Vita is actually at home but I can't get it until 3pm is going to be killer.

SHarris78

Just tried again and spoke to someone else.

Told the same thing to get a voucher, but this one said get voucher, turn off wifi, 3g card will kick in and activate, the wifi back on and then add top up voucher. :s

Gonna try that and see what happens.

Whats this voucher they keep talking about? I just phoned up, gave them the mobile number of the Vita (the PH. number on the foldy thing the simcard came in), the girl i talked to told me to use the browser on the Vita with 3G on / WIFI off and that was it!

Youre 2 for 2 on the numpty scale, keep trying them, maybe you'll get through to the girl i spoke to!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It's the same game without MP, so I don't see much reason to double dip unless you think you'll be more exited playing it on your Vita for whatever reasons and don't plan on playing it with friends.

The game controls really well on the Vita. I was worried it would feel weird condensed to a smaller screen but the scale is just about perfect. I don't know if that makes sense, but everything reads perfectly and feels right.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably pick it up down the line.

It's Rayman
No.
Fucking.
Way!

Cockeye

Neo Member
Hi all.

I just got my Vita this morning and purchased Ridge Racer. I have generated my code and followed all instructions but the PSN store says code is invalid.

I have tried phoning Namco / Bandai on the tech support line and the recorded message says they are "too busy" to serve customers (great).

Have emailed them but not even received an acknowledgement which worries me. Has anyone else had this problem? Dont wanna have to purchase the extra content.

Thanks in advance.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Makes no sense.

/GRUMBLE

How many bricks and mortar stores are selling the Vita for £210 with an 8GB card?

Cookie18

Makes no sense.

/GRUMBLE

It makes perfect sense when my Vita and everything I ordered is guaranteed to arrive today and is indeed waiting for me right now. A couple of hours head start for the privilege of paying up to £100 more is somewhat idiotic.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Can someone sell me on Rayman? I bought the console version a couple of weeks ago and haven't gone through most of it yet.

Other than good performance and the OLED lending itself to emphasize the game's beautiful aesthetics, what can I expect?

All I know is...it's beautiful 0_o

6920254407_6b5a7ba0d4_z.jpg

(Trying the demo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom