• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-games-reveals-larger-memory-cards-are-coming

Posted?

You've made all games available to download, but memory cards will fill up very quickly, forcing gamers to consider forking out for a new one.

Fergal Gara: It's a very good point, and we've already learnt from the early days in Japan that we probably haven't got big enough memory cards introduced for the UK market. We've already gone to secure bigger size cards to bring them into the UK market.
It's early days. Before it comes to market you just have to guess what people are going to want. We thought they'd want a lot of 4GB cards just as the minimum, and then they buy packaged media. But actually, the way it's going is, many of the early adopters are clearly going to download a bit more, or just want to buy the big chip in case.

It's going to evolve. But we can certainly see they want bigger cards.

Other bits and pieces in there about the Uncharted DD pricing etc.

03sho

I have my memory card. put in a fifa game. when I try and launch it it says "insert a PS Vita card that contains this application".

Help Gaf!

Carl

Vitabros. Im at work now so I cant check PSN. But has Virtua Tennis been released on the EU PSN and is there a demo?

Yep it is there, no demo though

I've checked on the Vita and can't find no messages. Plus i've just imput the download code for the 3 free AR games and its says its invalid, tried it again and again and its not working.

Never had this much hassle with a new console before.

Hm strange. Not sure then.

Not sure why you need a download code for the AR games, just download them off the store.

Sporran

Somebody posted earlier that they have their Wipeout code through from Vodafone, so it must be possible. Perhaps it's better to sign up via browser?

Tried both and no sms, checked my bank and even though it appeared to go through nothing has been charged :)

Gustav

Banned
Vita arrived - super happy!

Now all I need is some friends that will play FIFA and Motorstorm RC.
Feel free to add me. PSN/SEN: GutekZ

SHarris78

ugh, how does one go about getting a refund from PSN? My Mutant Blobs Attack purchase seems to have screwed up, as it didnt download, and now its showing as Buy Now again in the store.

Another thing, is there a way to switch off Bluetooth permanently? It keeps coming back on for some reason, and dont want it to be a battery drain when I have zero use for it.

Settings - Network - Blutooth Settings and uncheck the box (this is the first thing i did!)

Eusis

And after failing to cancel my Hori filter it's coming in... tomorrow. Man, maybe it'd have been today if I wasn't waffling, but I guess I'll see how I like it without a filter, and if I can clean it off well enough before applying. Any suggestions there?

metalshade

Great system but a nightmare to set up.

Anyone in UKGaf signed up with vodaphone 3G yet? The online sign up on the Vita isn't working, and when i enter my 'mobile number' to register an account with Vodaphone online it asks for a security code which i should received via txt, but i'm not using a mobile phone so where has this 'text' gone!!
Apparently Vodafone have had some troubles with the simcards supplied, contact their customer services, they should be able to get it sorted.

Bollocks

Does UPS notify me on the tracker page if they weren't able to deliver the package?
It's in the van accordingly but I'm getting a little worried because the UPS facility is 15min away from me, it's been 3h and nothing yet. Don't disappoint me, not today.

PaulLFC

Has anyone from the UK ordered from Lockerz? I'm thinking of getting a 32gb card but I don't know what the costs would be in tax, importing and so on.

-Cally-

Neo Member
In my uk copy of Shinobido 2, theres 2 vouchers included, one for katamari and one for riiiidge racer, each giving £8/10 euro off. Thought that was pretty neat.

Bradach

so hard to concentrate on work today... i do 2 minutes work then reward myself with 10 minutes browsing this thread / other vita related sites and videos.

Well Amazon have failed me, it's still sat in transit at Yodel depot about 5 hours away. Has been since 00.01am yesterday, complete joke. Last time I ever use Amazon for pre-order >_< Why do they use such crap couriers.

SHarris78

Have 2 each of the following vouchers if anyone wants them :

£8 off downlad of Ridge Racer
£8 off download of Katamatari

PM me if you want any, first come first serve!

And after failing to cancel my Hori filter it's coming in... tomorrow. Man, maybe it'd have been today if I wasn't waffling, but I guess I'll see how I like it without a filter, and if I can clean it off well enough before applying. Any suggestions there?

Hori Pitahari filters that cover the whole front are great. First thing I did when I got home with my Vita was put the JP matte filter i got on it and it was amazingly easy for such a complex filter.

Hawk269

Vitabros. Im at work now so I cant check PSN. But has Virtua Tennis been released on the EU PSN and is there a demo?

It is not on the US/NA PSN...The in-store demo's here in the US has demo's of Tennis, Wipeout and few others, yet tennis and wipeout dont have demo's on PSN??? Weird!

Sporran

Bollox, vodafone will not help unless i have tbe vita in front of me and im in work.

They wouldnt even take the sim no to check the status of the sim, helpful hey!

kitch9

Banned
Bollox, vodafone will not help unless i have tbe vita in front of me and im in work.

They wouldnt even take the sim no to check the status of the sim, helpful hey!

I've just got off the phone from them, it appears there has been a massive cock-up and all the sim cards in the UK boxes have been deactivated and they cannot be turned back on. (They auto deactivate if they are not registered in time.)

I've got to wait 2-3 days for them to post me a new one, so no Wipeout for me for a while.

Sporran

I've just got off the phone from them, it appears there has been a massive cock-up and all the sim cards in the UK boxes have been deactivated and they cannot be turned back on. (They auto deactivate if they are not registered in time.)

I've got to wait 2-3 days for them to post me a new one, so no Wipeout for me.

Only one thing to say to that LMFAO

Carl

I've got to wait 2-3 days for them to post me a new one, so no Wipeout for me for a while.

wow that...That really is a massive fail right there.

kitch9

Banned
Only one thing to say to that LMFAO

I'm not laughing, as their clusterfuck of a website didn't way there was a problem with the sim, but rather there was a problem inputting my details so it took me an hour of messing around to get round to ringing Voda CS.

Hyuga

Banned
wu526gxe.jpg

Man, I'm so happy right now ^_^

Me:

y568qgni.jpg

Buy £5 worth of credit and get wipout for free. I just recieved mine. :)
Wait, what? :-O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom