• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 downloading speed related question

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I've noticed that whenever I'm heavy uploading something via PC, my PS3 download speed drops to almost zero. (DSL 20Mbit here )

I can't even open the PlayStation Store sometimes. I have to stop the upload on PC to get a decent download speed over the PS3 connection. I can't figure out why this happens. Any idea?

360 Marketplace works fine under the same condition.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
DSL does not like your upload speed to be maxed, and download at the same time.

TTP said:
I've noticed that whenever I'm heavy uploading something via PC, my PS3 download speed drops to almost zero. (DSL 20Mbit here )

I can't even open the PlayStation Store sometimes. I have to stop the upload on PC to get a decent download speed over the PS3 connection. I can't figure out why this happens. Any idea?

What country do you live in? I've never heard of 20Mb DSL lines in America. That is absolutely amazing.

As for your issue, I don't know what's going on. It seems like you have lots of bandwidth. What do you mean by "heavy uploading".

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
What Bud said.

20Mbit DSL in Italy via Fastweb ISP. (albeit my actual download speed is 16Mbit)

"heavy uploading" = using almost all the upload bandwidth (which is 1.5Mbit if I'm not mistaken)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Bud said:

Well, 360 download speeds have always sucked for me (with dsl).. so I can't say.
PS3 is light speed in comparison on my end.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Suikoguy said:
Well, 360 download speeds have always sucked for me (with dsl).. so I can't say.
PS3 is light speed in comparison on my end.

Same here.

Problem arise when I'm UPLOADING something via PC (which shares the same PS3/360 connection of course):

- PS3 almost stops downloading/browsing the web
- 360 keeps going

Has anyone tried to upload something at max speed on a PC and surf the web / accessing the store on the PS3 at the same time? Sometimes it even fails to sign in to the PSN to me.

Top Bottom