• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 2.40 - Out Not!

Raistlin

nubbe said:
The Good: video files now pass the original amount of audio channels over HDMI instead of what you have set it to in the HDMI options.

Cool. That's a nice improvement.

The Bad: Music is still passed as a 7.1ch source. I like my audio matrixes :(

You win some, you lose some :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ugh, under "Trophy Collection" it's going to list all the games you've played (even demos). SSHD is now listed under there even though I only have the demo.

jsrv

A little off topic, but how much space does the OS and firmware take up in PS3 by themselves?

My PS3 has ~74 GB of space, and right now it has 59 GB left. (15 GB used) MGS4 takes up 4.5GB for the install, so that leaves ~10.5GB. Does the OS/Firmware use up 10.5GB by themselves, or am I overlooking something? (If so, that's not much space left for systems with 20 GB).

Raistlin

Anyone have a list of what needs to be done for all the trophies in SSDHD?

or is the list in-game, and I'm a dumbass :p

Slavik81

Sean said:
IW never patched in rumble support so don't get your hopes up for CoD4. Though I'd imagine adding trophies would be easier since they already have the hooks in place (for the 360 achievements).
360: Has Rumble
PS3: Gets it later. Is never updated.

360: Has Achievements.
PS3: Gets it later. Will be updated because the 360 has achievements?

Onix said:

Click on trophies, then click on SSHD. It'll show the list of trophies and what to do to achieve them.

AmMortal said:
Any Ideas on when games will be patched?

MGS4 trophies I cannot wait for!

The emblems can be easily converted to trophies. A great/easy way to see which emblem you've unlocked :)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
AmMortal said:
This truly is awesome, but it feels empty, since most games haven't been patched yet. Any ideas on when?
It will be prolly like ds3 rumble feature...some first party games will get it but not many 3rd parties will care/try until future releases

Grayman

YYZ said:
Wait do I have re-earn my Burnout license to get trophies for Burnout Paradise? If so then wow, I sunk a LOT of hours into it to get that license.
Go dig around some burnout threads from today. I think criterion is doing something special with save files and trophies that most games aren't.

Onix said:

load up Trophy Collection. click the game. and it shows :D

in game or not.

Dot50Cal

Banned
DMPrince said:
Umm... my profile card isn't updating. i don't think it's synchronizing my trophies since i only see 1 still. anyone else?
Go to your trophy's under the GAME bar. It syncs it to your online profile then.

AmMortal

Banned
Corran Horn said:
It will be prolly like ds3 rumble feature...some first party games will get it but not many 3rd parties will care/try until future releases

NnnooooOOOooo!

:(

Kojipro, HOPE.

DMPrince said:
Umm... my profile card isn't updating. i don't think it's synchronizing my trophies since i only see 1 still. anyone else?
Goto a freinds profile and click on "Compare Trophies"

Then it should appear on your profile.

jiggle said:
I hope whatever that's patched are HOME ready. I would hate to re-earn these trophies or wait for more patches come HOME release -.-

The trophies in Home will just be a 3D image of the XMB trophies I think.

nofi

n366v5.jpg

15wkwmw.jpg

ojjtvo.jpg

SONY WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!!11 I'm addicted, after my first two Trophies!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
While the level idea is cool, i still wish there was a value amount to all the trophys like xbox achievements :/

Nooreo

nofi said:
n366v5.jpg

SONY WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!!11 I'm addicted, after my first two Trophies!
Stop teasing me!, Alright im off to bed im hoping a game will be patched once i come back from summer school. Any game will do :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
pj325is said:
The air paint theme already has the trophy icon

as does the PSN theme (although it's the same as the default icon). All the custom themes has "?" now for the new icons.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I am hoping and praying that they will update Virtua Fighter 5, Folklore, GTA4, MGS4, Minna No Golf 5, COD4 and many more.

(So I have an excuse to replay those games)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Corran Horn said:
While the level idea is cool, i still wish there was a value amount to all the trophys like xbox achievements :/
There is a value ("gamer level points") behind each type of trophy, it's just not disclosed. Each game will also have a cap on how many "gamer level points" they can have (small scale games will have a smaller cap than large scale games). How many trophies & what types of trophies developers want to use to reach the cap is up to them.

AmMortal

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
I am hoping and praying that they will update Virtua Fighter 5, Folklore, GTA4, MGS4, Minna No Golf 5, COD4 and many more.

(So I have an excuse to replay those games)

ARE YOU MY LONG LOST TWIN?!

kuYuri

Huh, I wasn't the only one who's system restarted trying to update SSHD? After a second attempt though, it downloaded and installed fine.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pai Pai Master said:
With Warhawk and Uncharted confirmed, I just want MGS4 and Ratchet patched. Pleasepleaseplease.
God yes! I want to experience the best game 2007 again :D

GQman2121

Banned
AmMortal said:
I have a thropy in my custom theme.

Ditto.

I'm rocking the NEON Theme, and the icon is a yellow radioactive symbol.

The same symbol is also showing up for the internet search feature too.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Pai Pai Master said:
With Warhawk and Uncharted confirmed, I just want MGS4 and Ratchet patched. Pleasepleaseplease.

This x 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Banned
Would anyone that has already gotten a trophy mind if I added them to my friends list? I want to see what they look like.

Top Bottom