• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 2.40 - Out Not!

TTP said:
same.

Besides, when clicking on a friend now it doesn't bring you to the message list but rather its profile. To see the message list you have to bring up the Triangle menu first.
and you can't attach a picture in-game!

Wollan

I see the PS3 user agreement is version 1.2 now. Marked June 18th which means it could have been included with the previous fw upgrade (I didn't notice).

AmMortal

Banned
To all developers now, GET THE STEPPEN!.

They'd already received this before us, so they should have been ready today.

senahorse

OMFG, time appears up in the top right corner, is that new? Either way I love it, have been looking for that option in the menus for months :lol

Raistlin

Xabora said:
I love my system.

Allows me to remix left and right into 5.1/7.1 even if its from a 5.1/7.1 source.

No shit. What do you have?

I can run in an 'all stereo' mode (which works great for most music), but can't run DPLIIx-music or DTS-neo6.

Steroyd

Awesome you don't have to be logged onto PSN for the tophy to register, unlike a certain leaderboard in a certain SSHD. :mad:

Oh yeah in-game XMB fixes that lol.

Raistlin

shagg_187 said:
Click on trophies, then click on SSHD. It'll show the list of trophies and what to do to achieve them.

DMPrince said:
load up Trophy Collection. click the game. and it shows :D

in game or not.

Sweet ... thanks!

guess I am a dumbass :p

Xabora

Onix said:
No shit. What do you have?

I can run in an 'all stereo' mode (which works great for most music), but can't run DPLIIx-music or DTS-neo6.
SONY STR-K790

Select audio mode and it will change how it mixes.. even with 5.1 formats. :D
There should be a newer version that should be a 7.1 system... I have the 5.1.

030031438.JPG

Why doesn't custom soundtracks work in PJM when they demonstrated that? I have no desire to use the feature in PJM but I was surprised it didn't work.

GQman2121 said:
Ditto.

I'm rocking the NEON Theme, and the icon is a yellow radioactive symbol.

The same symbol is also showing up for the internet search feature too.

It's just a generic icon used for anything where there's no data available. Maybe the officially released themes will be updated with new icons?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
AmMortal said:
To all developers now, GET THE STEPPEN!.

They'd already received this before us, so they should have been ready today.

No kidding. I WANTS MY SOUNDTRACKS IN MY GAMES!!!!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Bearillusion said:
Why doesn't custom soundtracks work in PJM when they demonstrated that? I have no desire to use the feature in PJM but I was surprised it didn't work.

Needs to be patched, yo.

h3ro

Pai Pai Master said:
With Warhawk and Uncharted confirmed, I just want MGS4 and Ratchet patched. Pleasepleaseplease.

Fragile Eagle already confirmed no go on trophies for R1 and R&C on the PS Blog... :(

Raistlin

Xabora said:
SONY STR-K790

Select audio mode and it will change how it mixes.. even with 5.1/7.1 formats. :D

030031438.JPG

That's pretty cool. I'll have to research it.

I'm fine with having an all-stereo mode, but love knowing what everything offers.

senahorse

h3ro said:
Fragile Eagle already confirmed no go on trophies for R1 and R&C on the PS Blog... :(

:( damn they are 2 games I still need to finish would be nice to have some extra incentive to get off my ass

h3ro said:

What a rip, well one less reason for me to buy them (the others being the price and lots of other games I want more)

h3ro

Ryan! Ryan!! RYANNNN!!!!

I hope we get some sort of info on a MGS4 patch/update that will allow me to get my awesome Big Boss on...

Acid08

Banned
Took me 4 restarts to finally get SSHD to start dling the update. Also isn't this update bigger than the actual game file?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Can someone explain how my trophies upload so friends can see, so far it only happens after synching manually. Is it just a matter of waiting a while and it'll synch on it's own?

Sushen

I really hope Sony let me choose when to upgrade my firmware. Without the latest, I can't even go to PSS, but every firmware update forces us to agree to their licensing terms as if we have a choice.

Narag

Spotty trophy support is going to be a turnoff. Will it be standard for all future games or left to the dev?

ascii42 said:
I wonder. Assuming devs can add trophies on for DLC like on the XBOX360, what happens if you get all the trophies in a game, so you get the platinum trophy, and then a developer adds more trophies?
make a seperate list for addon trophies?

dork said:
so an update...that gives us access to a feature no games use? HOOWAHh
does it matter if the chicken or egg came first when you're eating a fried chicken omelette?

GQman2121

Banned
Kagari said:
No kidding. I WANTS MY SOUNDTRACKS IN MY GAMES!!!!

Yeah I popped in Motor Storm thinking, "this should be a pretty nice change rockin' Mariah Cary while racing in mud". That didn't really work for me........

How hard to you guys reckon it is to patch the in-game soundtracks?

LowParry

Man. I really hope Namco puts trophies in the PS3 version of Soul Calibur 4. Hell. Why not patch Tekken 5: DR while you're at it. That'd be hella fun!

senahorse

GQman2121 said:
Yeah I popped in Motor Storm thinking, "this should be a pretty nice change rockin' Mariah Cary while racing in mud". That didn't really work for me........

How hard to you guys reckon it is to patch the in-game soundtracks?

I would assume the game would have to support it, so unless Sony mandate it, it's really up to the devs. Hopefully now that we have in-game XMB future games will start including the functionality.

Sean

Banned
patsu said:
How do you change:
* About Me
* My Languages
in my profile ?

Press triangle on your name in the friends list (or users list) and go to account management I think.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Acid08 said:
Took me 4 restarts to finally get SSHD to start dling the update. Also isn't this update bigger than the actual game file?
The patch is actually the Team Pack (Offline Co-Op & Versus, a Ship Editor, & 5.1 Orchestra Soundtrack) + Trophies. The Team Pack is locked till one buys the key from the store.

Narag said:
Spotty trophy support is going to be a turnoff. Will it be standard for all future games or left to the dev?
Left to the dev for old games & games coming out soon. Will eventually be standard for all new games.

GQman2121

Banned
patsu said:
How do you change:
* About Me
* My Languages
in my profile ?

I just used the in-game text to ask one of my friends. LOL

You go to:

Account management - edit profile - select keep current avatar (or pick a new one) - then enter info.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Acid08 said:
the expansion update you buy is only like 300kb, seems like its part of the update then locked

Acid08

Banned
Killthee said:
The patch is actually the Team Pack (Offline Co-Op & Versus, a Ship Editor, & 5.1 Orchestra Soundtrack) + Trophies. The Team Pack is locked till one buys the key from the store.

Left to the dev for old games & games coming out soon. Will eventually be standard for all new games.
Shit that sounds cool. At least the Trophies are free, right?

Top Bottom