• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 2.40 - Out Not!

Kusagari

vilmer_ said:
Do you have one of the add-on packs? Survival mode :)

Oh you need the solo pack for it? I've been thinking about it so might as well. Though, they should clarify better if these trophies require add-ons or not.

h3ro

g35twinturbo said:
slow?!? your the first to report this. what game did you try it on?

No problems here, besides the fact that the text is a little blurry in 720p games since, understandably so, the XMB comes up in the resolution of the game, not the TV screen, like it does when I'm in the Main XMB. Takes some time for the Icons to load as well in Friends list, but I assume its because of my wireless connection, not the OS...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
evilone said:
Glad to see you guys are enjoying the new firmware. The dev version is a blessing. :D

I know you can't say much but...can we expect any surprise patches for some EA games relatively soon?

GQman2121 said:
Besides SSHD, what games right now have trophies that I can get?

Nothing right now.

OatmealMu

Ah, finally someone on my friends list has some. Aaaand... WTF are those supposed to be? It looks like the Hulk crushed them.

GQman2121 said:
Besides SSHD, what games right now have trophies that I can get?
None.

btw: If some of you notice that your trophies dont appear on your Gamercard then goto a freind then goto their profile THEN goto "Compare trophies" and then it will sync your trophies to PSN.

Getting two Bronze trophies only gets you 1/7 through level 1 :(

Shearie

Monkeyh3ro said:
No quitting out in the middle of challenges this time!

You guys were taking forfuckingever on that challenge. I'm usually not an asshole like that unless it's an emergency. Actually, that's a lie; sometimes it's fun to be an asshole.

WiCkEd_Co

Damn It!!! I was all set to play Call of Duty online tonight with my jams like I do on the Xbox. This sucks

Give me soundtrack over achievements ... er I mean Trophy's.

GQman2121

Banned
chubigans said:
Nothing right now.

That's what I figured. Shouldn't take too long though because they wouldn't release the feature then not have quick support for it from a few of the first party games. Motor Storm would be nice to see get a patch.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Kittonwy said:
Buncha trophy whores.
gladtomeetya.gif
Kittonwy, care to add me to your friends list?

nubbe

The Good: video files now pass the original amount of audio channels over HDMI instead of what you have set it to in the HDMI options.

The Bad: Music is still passed as a 7.1ch source. I like my audio matrixes :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
twinturbo2 said:
Kittonwy, care to add me to your friends list?
Bastard won't let anyone invite. I tried, he was about to kill me...

Sean

Banned
FinalEvangelion said:
Anything that works with in-game music yet? I really hope COD4 and MGS4 get it soon.

IW never patched in rumble support so don't get your hopes up for CoD4. Though I'd imagine adding trophies would be easier since they already have the hooks in place (for the 360 achievements).

g35twinturbo said:

It's slow for me too (tried it in Uncharted and HSG demo). Have to wait several seconds for the menu options to load under each category (friends part takes longest).

too bad the tropies unlocked don't appear once you get it. ;o i wonder if sony will get that fix. but so far i have 2 bronze and a silver. working my way up to a level 4 wizard! :D

chris0701

g35twinturbo said:

Most of them are demos. FIFA 08/SEGA Rally...etc. I will try MGS 4 this afternoon.

Didn't you find the icon display speed is slower in game ?

angelfly

I guess I'll pick up SSHD tomorrow. I enjoyed the demo but never got around to purchasing and now is a great time to jump in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Spruchy said:
So stupid they dont use game saves for trophies.
Are you serious? YOU are the stupid one.

evilone

EA Employee
chubigans said:
I know you can't say much but...can we expect any surprise patches for some EA games relatively soon?

The games I am currently working on do. I will post once I get the ok.

Nothing right now.

The games I am currently working on do. I will post once I get the ok.

AkuMifune

Banned
WiCkEd_Co said:

We should just combine the words "Achievement" and "Trophy" to create "Atrophies", cause that's what they're doing to gaming.

WiCkEd_Co said:
Damn It!!! I was all set to play Call of Duty online tonight with my jams like I do on the Xbox. This sucks

AFAIK IW would have to patch that for you, and since they haven't even given us rumble......

On another note I think they need to release patch 4.01 for SSHD because I was trying to play the demo to see if it was worth buying and it kept restarting my machine and I know others have the same problem and have gone to the store and gotten the patch from there, but since I only have the demo, I don't think that applies to me.

chris0701

bjork said:
Doesn't DMC4 have trophies? Sorry if someone asked already, I didn't see it mentioned.

This is DMC 4 trophies,not for PS3.

Now we do not have Uncharted trophies,MGS 4 Trophies...anymore. All games should have the unified trophies system now.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
AranhaHunter said:
AFAIK IW would have to patch that for you, and since they haven't even given us rumble......

On another note I think they need to release patch 4.01 for SSHD because I was trying to play the demo to see if it was worth buying and it kept restarting my machine and I know others have the same problem and have gone to the store and gotten the patch from there, but since I only have the demo, I don't think that applies to me.

i have the demo too. go to the ingame store.

(does sony still allow PSN game sharing?)

Grayman

Time to practice up for playing uncharted on crushing again :D

So i Know for later what is the memory stick format for installing updates from it? I tried root and \PS3

Cartman86

Banned
It is slower than the regular XMB in regards to loading the images, but its fast overall for moving between them. Which is really what needs to be fast. Besides I did not expect it to even be this fast. Afterall the 360 is just as slow if not more for me.

jiggle

I hope whatever that's patched are HOME ready. I would hate to re-earn these trophies or wait for more patches come HOME release -.-

Raistlin

Weird ... I just downloaded one of the updates for SSDHD (extra modes), and it automatically installed after purchase through the store.

Cool!

Dot50Cal

Banned
Guys, I dont know if its been said but for people to see you have trophy's you have to go into your trophy menu while you AREN'T in-game, and it'll sync it to your profile.

Schrade

Grayman said:
Time to practice up for playing uncharted on crushing again :D

So i Know for later what is the memory stick format for installing updates from it? I tried root and \PS3

\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP

YYZ

Wait do I have re-earn my Burnout license to get trophies for Burnout Paradise? If so then wow, I sunk a LOT of hours into it to get that license.

Top Bottom