• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 2.40 - Out Not!

Concept17

I can see it already. Instead of rock band releases each thursday, its gonna be 'x game trophy patch' each thursday.

Yay.

hirokazu

AranhaHunter said:
I found it under profile is there another way to find it?

Also anyone know how I add languages to my profile?
Account Management.

You can see your trophy list under Game as well.

jmd494

Blueblur1 said:
I just noticed. Heck, there are only 2 gold ones in SSHD.
Well there wouldn't be any platinum trophies in the list...a platinum trophy just means all other trophies obtained.

Chubs, where are you getting this info (no plats in PSN games)? Press release or just based on not seeing any in the SSHD list?

RoH

Yay, its been a long time coming and I just want to thank you all for the support!
This update was fast! under 5 mins to down load and install.

ascii42

I wonder. Assuming devs can add trophies on for DLC like on the XBOX360, what happens if you get all the trophies in a game, so you get the platinum trophy, and then a developer adds more trophies?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Damn, I was under the impression that I could play music in any game and no patch was needed. Oh well, I hope a lot of developers start patching games up with this feature. (Especially UT3 and Warhawk)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Justin Dailey said:
Well there wouldn't be any platinum trophies in the list...a platinum trophy just means all other trophies obtained.

Chubs, where are you getting this info (no plats in PSN games)? Press release or just based on not seeing any in the SSHD list?

I believe it was in the walkthrough video I saw. They said the platinum games would only be for larger games. This doesn't necessarily exclude large PSN games like Warhawk and GT5P, but does for SSHD.

jmd494

chubigans said:
I believe it was in the walkthrough video I saw. They said the platinum games would only be for larger games. This doesn't necessarily exclude large PSN games like Warhawk and GT5P, but does for SSHD.
gotcha...yeah...I've heard the dividing line is small-scale vs. large-scale. I don't think the PSN vs. retail status has anything to do with trophy allocations.

Sean

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
+1 vote for hiding everything that is not accessible in the game. It seems like a huge waste of space (and resources).

Agreed, having all the XMB options listed when u can't actually do those in-game seems pointless and clutters up things, making it harder to access the few things you CAN do.

There should be a separate in-game XMB UI (with one of the options being "Quit to Full XMB").

jmd494

Sean said:
Agreed, having all the XMB options listed when u can't actually do those in-game seems pointless and clutters up things, making it harder to access the few things you CAN do.

There should be a separate in-game XMB UI (with one of the options being "Quit to Full XMB").

I respectfully disagree...I love the shortcut aspect of it (it's just a cool feature...noting major)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
What it DOES need to hide is the music section. Something like "This game does not support this feature" should be there instead of the music albums.

Kittonwy

Banned
LMAO everybody is playing SSHD LMAO.
Indifferent2.gif

jmd494

DMPrince said:
I forgot. but when it unlocks trophy does it tell you what you unlocked? Like the title of it or "You unlocked a trophy"?
Yeah...it's like a PSN message...in the upper right the color of the trophy flashes and it says, "you've unlocked trophy x for doing y"

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
DMPrince said:
I forgot. but when it unlocks trophy does it tell you what you unlocked? Like the title of it or "You unlocked a trophy"?

It does. "Trophy Unlocked- Hero of Time" plus the color trophy (bronze, silver, gold)

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
AranhaHunter said:
And PS3 games, I think I'm gonna buy Burnout.

Burnout is actually good, IMO, well MP is. I didn't really play SP since I was always playing MP all the damn time.

h3ro

Anyone know how to patch themes?

I want to add the Original theme Icons for Trophy, Power On/Off and Playlists to all the custom themes I have already installed.

AranhaHunter said:
And PS3 games, I think I'm gonna buy Burnout.

Burnout ROCKS.. I'm playing right now :p

Kusagari

How do you get the survived 45 seconds without shooting one in Stardust. I did that for at least 3 minutes and got nothing.

chris0701

in-game XMB is verrry slow.

Sony should fix this for next release.

Byw,I found I cannot use ingame xmb on SEGA Rally demo.:lol

All I can see is the traditional UI when I pressed the PS button.

AkuMifune

Banned
Flek said:
lets hope they relase MANY patches fpr trophies tomorrow, i want mgs4 sooo bad :D

I'm hoping they patch Oblivion for trophies, just to give me me a reason to play it again! :D

If you took this whole thread and substituted "Achievements" for "Trophies", would you even be able to tell the difference?

karasu

Have you always been able to change the brightness of your wallpaper? Because now I can use Black & White wallpapers with no problem. foxy.

Banned
Flek said:
lets hope they relase MANY patches fpr trophies tomorrow, i want mgs4 sooo bad :D

Developers know achievements help sell their games so I think you will see a lot of games getting patched for this.

h3ro

karasu said:
Have you always been able to change the brightness of your wallpaper? Because now I can use Black & White wallpapers with no problem. foxy.

Yep, always been there.. :p

Shearie said:
I'll be playing a shitload of Burnout once Cagney hits.

No quitting out in the middle of challenges this time!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So it's finally here. It's pretty cool, just wish we could have in game music. To be honest I'm most excited about trophies though. Gotta get to patching.

vilmer_

Kusagari said:
How do you get the survived 45 seconds without shooting one in Stardust. I did that for at least 3 minutes and got nothing.

Do you have one of the add-on packs? Survival mode :)

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
chris0701 said:
in-game XMB is verrry slow.

Sony should fix this for next release.

Byw,I found I cannot use ingame xmb on SEGA Rally demo.:lol

All I can see is the traditional UI when I pressed the PS button.

slow?!? your the first to report this. what game did you try it on?

Argyle

Well, MPEG2 TS support went from "partially broken" (never could get Dolby Digital sound going on it, even locally) to totally busted (everything refuses to play now, even if the file is on the local HDD) - just letting you guys know, although it's not like it's really THAT much worse than it was before.

Top Bottom