• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS3] New Kingdom Hearts HD Screenshots

RE:Coded is important. I hope they just keep 3D to the 3DS :/
It's not important whatsoever apart from a single cutscene toward the end (which is fairly redundant considering the KH2 ending letter scene). And why do you not want 3D's cutscenes to be shown in a 2.5 collection? The whole point of these is to make the main plot of the series accessible to console players in preparation for KH3.

Re:Coded's secret ending is pretty much the only important thing from that game.

Even that is kinda moot after the release of 3D. Re:Coded can pretty much be 100% left out from any future collections. I hope they just do 2 FM, BBS FM and DDD (wether playable or just cutscenes) and call it a day.

Squire

Banned
Man, why can't Square re-negotiate whatever deal they have with Disney to get BBS on PSN? There's a ton of Disney PS1 games on there. :/

Man, why can't Square re-negotiate whatever deal they have with Disney to get BBS on PSN? There's a ton of Disney PS1 games on there. :/

Square doesn't like PSN for some reason. Now with 2.5 coming they have a legitimate reason to no upload it to PSN still unless they have the HD collections to purchase on PSN in the future which is unlikely because it's SE.

Squire

Banned
Doesn't matter, it'll be getting an HD remake alongside KH2.

True, true.

I suppose by the time any deal would be worked out and the game was actually posted to the store, the wait for 2.5 HD would probably be at least half-way over.

Square doesn't like PSN for some reason. Now with 2.5 coming they have a legitimate reason to no upload it to PSN still unless they have the HD collections to purchase on PSN in the future which is unlikely because it's SE.

The 3rd Birthday
Tactics Ogre
Lord of Arcana
FF Tactics
The PS1 FFs.

Barring Crisis Core and BBS, I don't think SE is very allergic to PSN.

Cause they want you to buy BBS HD of course.

Don't I know it. *sigh*

Do they hate PSN? The PSX FF games netted them a TON of free money.

jediyoshi

One of these days yall

java-2012-06-01-21-01-47-97.png

You mean KH 2.5 HD with BBS Theater mode
No. DDD would be in Theater Mode. BBS would perfectly playable with a Dual Shock, and PSP->PS3 ports are comparatively easy. DDD is full of dual-screen mechanics and visuals.

There is no reason why BBS wouldn't be made playable and you are wrong, sorry.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
The visuals look nice. I kind of want to replay the older games but I don't own a PS3. Kind of lost interest with the series too, but DAT art style. Looks great.

Beth Cyra

No. DDD would be in Theater Mode. BBS would perfectly playable with a Dual Shock, and PSP->PS3 ports are comparatively easy. DDD is full of dual-screen mechanics and visuals.

There is no reason why BBS wouldn't be made playable and you are wrong, sorry.
Ugh. Will be super disappointed if this happens. I prefer 3D to BBS in every way.

Ugh. Will be super disappointed if this happens. I prefer 3D to BBS in every way.
You prefer the Drop system to BBS's separate chapters for separate characters? You prefer grinding up monsters to command melding? You prefer the Water Barrel minigame to the Command Board? Hmm.

Squire

Banned
I will hold out hope. I don't see this as nearly black and white as you all.

It's less a "black/white" thing and more that Square is fairly predictable and we can and are applying logic in looking at how they're handling 1.5 to figure how 2.5 will be treated.

Prologue

I wonder when this is going to come out. Seems like its going to be ready for E3. Maybe this fall? Might just pick it up with a ps4 at this rate.

You prefer the Drop system to BBS's separate chapters for separate characters? You prefer grinding up monsters to command melding? You prefer the Water Barrel minigame to the Command Board? Hmm.

I certainly do, at least. Particularly the last two. I'm a sucker for monster-raising mechanics, and command melding didn't grab me nearly as well. The Command Board just frustrated me, especially with the cheating-ass AI. I'm ambivalent on the Drop system, but I do like the bonuses I can net with it.

Beth Cyra

It's less a "black/white" thing and more that Square is fairly predictable and we can and are applying logic in looking at how they're handling 1.5 to figure how 2.5 will be treated.
Not really.

Nomura repeatedly says that Sora is at the heart of this universe and given 3D stars Sora in his latest adventure which would tie into 3 there is an excellent reason for its conversion. It would be the only Sora based game to not be playable on PS3 and I think Nomura will avoid doing this.

Squire

Banned
Not really.

Nomura repeatedly says that Sora is at the heart of this universe and given 3D stars Sora in his latest adventure which would tie into 3 there is an excellent reason for its conversion. It would be the only Sora based game to not be playable on PS3 and I think Nomura will avoid doing this.

Oh but I think it'll be playable on PS3!

As a three hour film.

Narolf

Banned
May come off disingenuous here, but why do people hold so tight to the bull-shot thing? I don't recall them going that far in terms of "bull-shottery" in the past. Not to mention those screen-shots don't look all that different from the JF trailer. I'm inclined to believe the final made won't look as neat, but those textures will remain the same.

LuuKyK

I hope we get BBS instead of 3d in 2.5.

Or both.
lol

Well, to the point I'm making, no.

We don't have it, but Type-0 is on PSN in Japan.

Square's not allergic to digital distribution. Now localization on the other hand...

You forgot both the Dissidia games too.

Beth Cyra

Okay I should have said nearly. Still 90 percent.

Having Sora and Riku playable was far more important to me then The other two (actually I like Terra best of the three) and the movement system and what it did for the battles made it so I don't want to go back to BBS.

Doomrider

So I've never played KH. Will this include I and II? I hope so. I've always wanted to play them.

They're saving KHII for the second part of collection.

Anyway, just how significant is 3D in terms of story? I've read a few things and it sounds... kinda messy. I'm holding off on getting it, because it may just be remastered later on, but I kinda miss playing KH. I guess I can wait, though.

LuuKyK

They're saving KHII for the second part of collection.

Anyway, just how significant is 3D in terms of story? I've read a few things and it sounds... kinda messy. I'm holding off on getting it, because it may just be remastered later on, but I kinda miss playing KH. I guess I can wait, though.

You speak as if the others don't. :p

Reminds me that Duodecim was half-localized, only the cut-scenes were translated. Liked it, gave me the impression to play a niche game.

What? What do you mean by translated? o_O

Squire

Banned
I hope we get BBS instead of 3d in 2.5.

Or both.
lol

You forgot both the Dissidia games too.

You're right! The Dissidia prologue, too.

We're getting BBS in 2.5 for sure. We're talking about a simple PSP --> PS3 remaster (Hey! That's happened before!) versus re-configuring the presentation of a handheld game made for two screens. Meaning: more work.

Oh, hey! Look what they did to that other dual screen KH! They made it a movie.

Berordn

Everybody likes to forget that they originally announced 0.5 in BBS:FM.

You're going to get Re:Coded in 2.5 and like it.

Narolf

Banned

KH is clearly a shining example of bad story/plot with terrible execution/scenario. There is always that KH summary spreadsheet popping in these threads at some point, and that's when one realizes the story is pretty dumb in itself, meaning one doesn't get to realize it first-hand for how poor the plot's execution is. Doesn't change the fact its thematics remain interesting. That is this series' greatest strength by far.

I think a theater mode for all of the portable titles would be a great idea (even with CoM being playable in 1.5 HD), considering there are KH fans out there who just didn't want to bother with playing the portable titles, yet still care about the overall story.

Top Bottom