• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 games now available on PS Now

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
US PS Blog link

I'm excited to announce that as of today, the PlayStation Now library includes PS4 games! This lineup is just the start, as we'll add more PS4 games in the coming months alongside our regular monthly content drops.

Here is the full list of all of the new PS4 games available as of today on PlayStation Now. We've got a variety of genres, from FPS, action adventure, RTS, fighting, racing, and more.
Killzone Shadow Fall
God of War 3 Remastered
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
WWE 2K16
Tropico 5
F1 2015
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
Evolve
MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
Resogun
Helldivers
Broken Age
Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
Grim Fandango Remastered
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
Castlestorm Definitive Edition
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
Arcania Complete Tale
Nidhogg
Super Mega Baseball

Oneself

Nice for those who are interested. It works really well honestly.
The loss of IQ is a no go for me though, they should give you an option to download the games locally on PS4.

Marcel

Not a great selection of titles to premiere a new feature of a service. Do I see a wrestling game from two years ago? Wow.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nice for those who are interested. It works really well honestly.
The loss of IQ is a no go for me though, they should give you an option to download the games locally on PS4.

Yeah, good option for those interested but I'll stick to physical.

I hope Sony makes serious consideration of local BC next.

I like the subscription concept but the idea of streaming PS4 games on a PS4 seems a little crazy. You should be able to download locally if you have a sub.

Agent X

That's a pleasant surprise! I knew PS4 games were coming to PS Now, but I didn't know when.

Besides PS4 and PC, I wonder if these will be playable on other devices that currently work with PS Now (but will soon be dropped from the service), such as PS Vita, PSTV, and PS3.

HvySky

I really wish Sony would adopt a Game Pass style of service for PSNow. I would actually use it if I could download games instead of stream them with latency and compression.

How does this work? Is it just a video or do you need a PC strong enough to produce graphics on par with what you'd see if you were playing this on a PS4?

If they added Horizon and Nier, I'd definitely do a month trial or something.

You're just receiving a video stream.

J-Skee

I assume we're going to have a Digital Foundry video soon regarding if it works well or not in optimal settings. Also, how long before people start asking for Bloodborne?

AR15mex

As PS4 owner I'm not interested on this, I would more if there was more legacy content, and a lower barrier of entry for ppl with slow internet connections. 20 megs is not enough for this, so meeeh....

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
How does this work? Is it just a video or do you need a PC strong enough to produce graphics on par with what you'd see if you were playing this on a PS4?

If they added Horizon and Nier, I'd definitely do a month trial or something.

doesn't matter how powerful your PC is. as long as it's not super weak and you have a good internet connection. the games are all rendered on ps3/ps4 hardware at the sony servers and the display output is streamed to your PC and controller inputs are uploaded back to the server. i tried it out a while back and was quite impressed with how well it worked.

according to sony minimum specs are windows 7, i3 2.0GHz, 300MB free storage, 2GB RAM, and a compatible controller. as for internet speed they recommend minimum of 5Mbps (both down/up i think)

Keinning

So besides resogun and killzone, what are the ps exclusives?

seems kinda pointless to play most of those games on PS now instead of their vastly better pc versions

edit: missed GoW3 somehow. nice

pswii60

I can't imagine this will be a good experience. Maybe once they switch over to HEVC, maybe.

Indeed, the lag combined with the inevitable macroblocking caused by the insane number of voxels, isn't going to be too healthy.

Personally, I'm far too sensitive to input lag for PS Now to ever been feasible for me. I tried it once and hated it no matter what I played. Sony should really let you download these PS4 games too and let you play them for the duration of your subscription - essentially making it a competitor to Xbox Game Pass.

Tapejara

seems kinda pointless to play most of those games on PS now instead of their vastly better pc versions

Dead Nation and Exist Archive. Helldivers was published by Sony, but was later released on Steam (also published by Sony, surprisingly!).

dracula_x

I really wish Sony would adopt a Game Pass style of service for PSNow. I would actually use it if I could download games instead of stream them with latency and compression.

It doesn't make sense. Any game from PS4 won't run on Windows locally.

xabbott

If you are playing on a weak laptop it's probably better than trying to play PC versions.

Knack is not a good game stop this nonsense
Pardon me?
dlKKoXp.gif

Unless you are using PSNow on PS4, then I could see that. But not on PC.

Keinning

If you are playing on a weak laptop it's probably better than trying to play PC versions.

nah, even cutting down all options to very low so its playable would still be preferable than streaming the game

unless you have a REALLY weak laptop (with a killer internet, somehow).... but then you wouldn't be up for PS Now minimum specs anyway

So is there any chance of this service coming to tablets? Or phones?

Would love to play some games I missed from the PS3 era, portably.

so we can realistically expect something like Horizon: Zero Dawn in 2 years time? Fully expecting Sony to take their time releasing the more prestigious exclusives on to this service if at all.

Vashetti

Banned
So is there any chance of this service coming to tablets? Or phones?

Would love to play some games I missed from the PS3 era, portably.

They're reducing the compatible devices, not expanding.

Vita, PS3, TV and Blu-ray player support for PS Now will be removed soon, only way to access it will be on PS4 and PC.

DrDamn

I've asked on EU Blog post if PS4 games could also be downloaded to play locally. It seems a no brainer surely? Better experience and not using the Cloud compute. Functionality to do it already exists to a large extent via PS+. Just have the game expire when your PSNow is set to expire.

If they continue to add stuff I could definitely be interested.

Top Bottom