• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 games now available on PS Now

Mikey Jr.

Ughh...........

This is the absolute LAST FUCKING THING I wanted on this service.

Give me the god damn PS2/PS1 games.

Let me buy a sub for a year, and just play a ton of ps2 and ps1 games that I have never heard of or seen before.

Caayn

Sony prepping for PS Now to be the BC method on PS5?
That one as well. Luckily it's being used less and less.
No but the rest are.....if they dropped TV it was obviously not worth to keep doing it from a business perspective.
Wasn't PS Now meant to broaden the audience for PS and make it easier for folks to get into the PS ecosystem? It seems rather counter intuitive to remove the most widespread device group from your service to be honest. Although I'm sure that Sony has their reasons for dropping TV support among with other platforms.

They're reducing the compatible devices, not expanding.

Vita, PS3, TV and Blu-ray player support for PS Now will be removed soon, only way to access it will be on PS4 and PC.

I was just about to ask this question. Sony TVs are no longer devices that can access PS Now? Damnit!

No way could my laptop handle streaming these games :(

so we can realistically expect something like Horizon: Zero Dawn in 2 years time? Fully expecting Sony to take their time releasing the more prestigious exclusives on to this service if at all.

Probably not. I'll be shocked if games like Bloodborne, R&C, Horizon, Uncharted 4, inFAMOUS, MLB etc show up any time soon. That's an extremely weak launch lineup.

Vashetti

Banned
Ughh...........

Let me buy a sub for a year, and just play a ton of ps2 and ps1 games that I have never heard of or seen before.

As has been explained many times, PS1 and PS2 games won't happen because it's a total waste of bandwidth.

PS1 games are tiny and most PS2 games aren't much bigger. You would vastly exceed the actual filesize of the game by streaming hours and hours of video feed of it to your device.

Much simpler to build emulators that can run the game natively. You download the game once and run it on your own device.

BigEmil

RIP PS4 exclusives

Age of Sony is done

PS4 becoming the next system becoming irrelevant with no true exclusives like the Xbox One

Switch the only one with real exclusives

Giving me doubts whether I should buy PS5 or not but probably not with no exclusives no point

Blanquito

Ah interesting. Sooner than I expected.

Wonder how the quality is. I've been doing remote play PS4 to ps4 and the quality has been excellent. I bet since ps4 was built with streaming in mind it's better than PS3 quality

VariantX

GG Xrd, huh?
Playing fighting games with online latency and input lag... :/

Playing fighting games streamed online, while playing them online is nightmare fuel. Don't do it. Its already frustrating enough when theres noticeable delay when you only have a few frames window to react to defend, counter, or punish something.

Cool, figured this would be added a bit later down the line, but sooner the better. Happy for those that can run this service without lag. Online matches on this are impossible.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
RIP PS4 exclusives

Age of Sony is done

PS4 becoming the next system becoming irrelevant with no true exclusives like the Xbox One

Giving me doubts whether I should buy PS5 or not but probably not with no exclusives no point

Not yet, too soon.

They're reducing the compatible devices, not expanding.

Vita, PS3, TV and Blu-ray player support for PS Now will be removed soon, only way to access it will be on PS4 and PC.
I thought the reason for dropping "legacy" devices was so that they could move to a better streaming method, that those devices don't support. But newer devices, such as phones and tablets, do.

Or am I completely wrong? Lol

RIP PS4 exclusives

Age of Sony is done

This is funny.

kc44135

Ughh...........

Yeah, agreed! Input lag could still be an issue, though. I'd prefer emulation on PS4 natively, but PS NOW would be better than nothing.
As has been explained many times, PS1 and PS2 games won't happen because it's a total waste of bandwidth.

PS1 games are tiny and most PS2 games aren't much bigger. You would vastly exceed the actual filesize of the game by streaming hours and hours of video feed of it to your device.

Much simpler to build emulators that can run the game natively. You download the game once and run it on your own device.
If PS1 emulation is so easy, why haven't they already done it on PS4, though? There are no PS1 games available on PS4 at all, and the selection of PS2 Classics is also pathetically limited. Are licensing issues or something along those lines to blame?

Vashetti

Banned
Yeah, agreed! Input lag could still be an issue, though. I'd prefer emulation on PS4 natively, but PS NOW would be better than nothing.

If PS1 emulation is so easy, why haven't they already done it on PS4, though? There are no PS1 games available on PS4 at all, and the selection of PS2 Classics is also pathetically limited. Are licensing issues or something along those lines to blame?

Could be licensing.

I believe I read the current PS1 titles they sell are only licensed for PS3, PSP and Vita. So they'd need to renegotiate contracts.

Widge

Ughh...........

Yeah, the catalogue is really bare at the moment. There is no benefit to drip feed content on this marketplace right now. Get the lot up, get it streaming, get the subscriptions.

I could consider this in terms of ease of use access to a PS library in my front room.

Of course, I need to know how well the games look and play.

Famassu

Knack is not a good game stop this nonsense
Knack is a perfectly serviceable game. It's nothing ground-breaking, but there's enough meat & quality to the game that it can be an enjoyable experience. If you expect(ed) it to be PS4's Super Mario 64, yeah, it's gonna fall waaay short, but as it is it's a competently made beat 'em up platformer that can offer enjoyment if you can look past a few of its flaws/less good parts.

AudioEppa

I like this, it's a start. In the future it hope it gets new games on release day. And if ever get new PC I can use it exclusively with PS Now.

I wonder how PS4 multiplayer will work on PSNow PC.

le.phat

RIP PS4 exclusives

Age of Sony is done

Bringing back that 2015 SonyTooism like it never went out of style, classy!

Compbros

This service would be so much better if it allowed you to download the games instead of streaming. The latency kills it and my connection is good but I still get the unstable connection warning and fluxating quality/latency. Makes fighting games literally impossible.

Vroadstar

I like this, it's a start. In the future it hope it gets new games on release day. And if ever get new PC I can use it exclusively with PS Now.

I wonder how PS4 multiplayer will work on PSNow PC.

I doubt new games will be release day and date on PS Now especially the exclusive ones. Unless of course PS Now will be bigger than PS4.

I agree it's a start. It's funny though, seeing some comments here from known supporters of the other system, heck one already started the "no need to buy PS4 now" narrative LOL.

Hm, interesting. For someone like me who's only interested in a few exclusive it wouldn't be a bad idea to sign up for just a few months, play those exclusives, and then never bother with it at all. It would be much cheaper than buying a PS4 and then the games too, though obviously the experience wouldn't be comparable in terms of IQ.

I hope that more games like Last Guardian, Uncharted and FFXV will be added later on, even though right now it sounds like wishful thinking. Now the cherry on the cake would have been playing those titles on the vita (I personally like playing games when lying on my bed).

Top Bottom