• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 NDC and SWB bundles at 299.99$ starting from december 6th ( ends december 19th)

Oof, if I hadn't just ordered a 2nd PS4, I'd have been all over the $300 Star Wars bundle. Maybe I could use three PS4s????

No, no I can't. But it's tempting.

Welfare

Yeah, and just like MS I don't really see them being able to go back to $349 after this is all said and done.

I guess they did a $50 "price drop" in order to get more news when they drop the price an additional $50 for BF.

Yeah January is going to be a dead month for console sales if Microsoft responds and both go back to $349 after December.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I agree with those saying Star Wars shoulda been like this from Nov thru Dec.

I guess that wanted to get the NDC to try to get some sales for them.

Ulysses 31

Look like sony lost Black friday.. now they are trying not to loose December.. But i doubt this will help much especially after low reviews of Star Wars game..

They're banking on people not knowing of the allegedly lacking longevity of the current content in the game.

I guess it makes sense to boost sales for December specifically. it just feels weird that they didn't have this available a week earlier during a huge shopping weekend. is beating MS every month worth the potential sales that they missed out on?

i don't think the goal is to necessarily beat MS, it could very well be something like EA wanting more of a playerbase for battlefront dlc (i'm pretty surprised there are no microtransactions in it, it probably would've done well) and sony to help that along

maybe even highlight the uncharted bundle for the sake of uncharted 4, or because it was cheaper to do so maybe

LifEndz

Wow. Crazy deal. Def want to make sure they capitalize on the Star Wars hype. NPDs are going to be a lot of fun.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Are there deals remotely like this in Ireland/UK? I look occasionally and the best still seems to be €349 with a first party title. The only Star Wars bundle I can see is the 1TB 399 one.

Nothing remotely like €299 anyway...nice for US buyers to have that in dollar terms.

Look like sony lost Black friday.. now they are trying not to loose December.. But i doubt this will help much especially after low reviews of Star Wars game..

Fortune teller and fantasy writer, only fact in this post is the review scores.

The review score will not have an impact on those buying a star wars bundle caught up in the movie hype.

Your post tastes of salt.

ethomaz

Banned
Great move.

Now I understood why Sony didn't put SW bundle at $299 on BF.

I feel sorry for people who bought the Uncharted bundle at $350 or $299. BF was really the one to get.
For me UC @ $299 has way more value than BF @ $299.

spwolf

I guess it makes sense to boost sales for December specifically. it just feels weird that they didn't have this available a week earlier during a huge shopping weekend. is beating MS every month worth the potential sales that they missed out on?

no, it is cheaper for them to do UC bundle than SW bundle... hence first UC bundle for BF and SW bundle for December to get rest of the people on the fence.

It is not just about selling more but selling more at maximum price they can get for it.

But yeah, this is great bundle for $299... crazy.

Elios83

This year Sony doesn't care about pre-season :D
I wonder how MS will respond because I don't think they won't do anything otherwise they'll be crushed especially if the Star Wars movie is well received. But probably the didn't expect this move from Sony.

Get that SW Nostalgia ad at the SW EpVII screenings, and it's almost guaranteed to sell a gajillion of those $299 bundles.

It's like the easiest and most ingenious marketing plan there is for SW season.

I predict we get an announcement of a $299 Xbox One promotion through most of December by the end of the day tomorrow. Of course, with a free copy of Star Wars Battlefront. Microsoft isn't going to let Sony have that price point advantage for 2 weeks in December.

phanphare

Banned
no, it is cheaper for them to do UC bundle than SW bundle... hence first UC bundle for BF and SW bundle for December to get rest of the people on the fence.

It is not just about selling more but selling more at maximum price they can get for it.

But yeah, this is great bundle for $299... crazy.

that makes sense. I guess the sales they would have gained during Black Friday would have actually been a detriment to Sony because of the higher cost of bundling a 3rd party game instead of UC.

savvy move in that case. this is why I'm on the consumer side of games ;p

jelly

I predict we get an announcement of a $299 Xbox One promotion through most of December by the end of the day tomorrow. Of course, with a free copy of Star Wars Battlefront. Microsoft isn't going to let Sony have that price point advantage for 2 weeks in December.

Anyone want Tomb Raider, anyone, Tomb Raider..................anyone want Halo 5, anyone, Halo 5....../crickets.

LifEndz

Surprised the bundle doesn't come with a month or 3 of PS+ since it's a multiplayer game.

Yeah, there wasn't a whole lot to find in terms of great deal on PS plus this year. I've been using GCU reward certificates to pay for my plus membership but was still hoping for 29.99 for a year type of deal this year. A 3 month or 1 year of plus would've really made this a killer deal tho.

Yep, I'm fully expecting something like this as well.

What will also be interesting is that this could end up being a permanent price drop for the PS4. Assuming both consoles permanently go to $299 next year, what is MS going to do? Because a more expensive PS4 was outselling the Xbone for the majority of the year. Price parity only hurts MS.

Javin98

Banned
How did you get to this conclusion because Sony is lowering the prices for December? Also, do you still think Sony is being complacent with this move? Should have been $249 instead, right?

I thought Sony had the exclusive rights to do a Star wars bundle this holiday season?

witness

Pulling a 2014 MS move. MS has no choice, they have to keep the XBO at $299 also. NPDs are going to be wild.

Top Bottom