• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 NDC and SWB bundles at 299.99$ starting from december 6th ( ends december 19th)

I predict we get an announcement of a $299 Xbox One promotion through most of December by the end of the day tomorrow. Of course, with a free copy of Star Wars Battlefront. Microsoft isn't going to let Sony have that price point advantage for 2 weeks in December.

They may do something similar but I don't know if they will pack in Battlefront. I don't think the movie will save this game from the negative word of mouth around it. Its underperformed across the board.

I thought Sony has the exclusive rights to do a Star wars bundle this holiday season?

They do, but Sony and MS have been doing *wink wink hint hint* unofficial bundles by offering free copies of the game when you purchase a different bundle. I don't know if MS will do that at 299 though, those promotions where when they were at 349.

jelly

Is the Xbox One still expensive to make, has anything changed to save money like Sony have done with the PS4 ?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
As far as MS responding...they better hope Halo 5, Gears gets them sales in Nov, Dec.

What else can they do to respond?

Any details on the hardware in the bundles? I have the TLOU version, and it is trading in for $180 at the moment. The PS4 is anything but loud, but it might be a good time to upgrade and extend warranty.

I thought Sony had the exclusive rights to do a Star wars bundle this holiday season?

MS has already done this with Battlefront and Destiny...It won't be a bundle of course, it will just be free with purchase of the console...

They may just do a "free game of you're choice" or something...with purchase of Xbox 1 at $299.

But I expect MS to counter this in the next couple of days...

Bought the last NDC PS4 from Gamestop(everyone else was sold out). Get it home to find out that it had already been opened and used, fingerprints everywhere and all cables stuffed back in the box. Got a refund the next day. I'll pick another one up from Walmart or Bestbuy, never going to GameStop again.

sense

Look like sony lost Black friday.. now they are trying not to loose December.. But i doubt this will help much especially after low reviews of Star Wars game..

lol

i bet the conversation between andrew house and shawn layden went like this :

Shawn : I am sorry boss but i think we lost black friday by a nose

Andrew : god damnit shawn, we can't let MS win christmas. quick repeat the sale for a couple of weeks and isn't there some star wars movie coming out so include our star wars bundle at that price as well, might as well help ea bolster their concurrent player count.

shawn: ok boss. also how about that new vib ribbon ps4 game

Andrew : Get Out!!!

Is the Xbox One still expensive to make, has anything changed to save money like Sony have done with the PS4 ?

Phil was asked that question, and while he didn't answer, the vibe was that XB1 is still unprofitable at a SKU level.

We also don't know how much extra they spent per SKU on stuff like getting retailers to add gift cards, etc. And all the free game promotions everytime a big Sony-marketed game is being released.

MS effectively adds $60 or more to a cost of an XB1 everytime Sony threatens to sell a ton of consoles.

Kayant

Look like sony lost Black friday.. now they are trying not to loose December.. But i doubt this will help much especially after low reviews of Star Wars game..
lool thanks for laugh as always.

I guess they don't want their margins to be too low by doing both at BF. This should do really well aligning with the movie release. I wonder what MS has in the bag for December. I bet it's likely the same kind of deal.

MS has already done this with Battlefront and Destiny...It won't be a bundle of course, it will just be free with purchase of the console...

They may just do a "free game of you're choice" or something...with purchase of Xbox 1 at $299.

But I expect MS to counter this in the next couple of days...

Yeah. My expectation is that they will have a $299 bundle with a game of your choice. This is a much better bundle as the buyer is given the ability to chose what they want.

I don't know why people think the BF bundle is going to kill it. The game has already been out for a little and underperformed critically and saleswise. I don't think people are all the sudden going to go "OMG there is a new star wars movie coming out! I need the game too!" The game is a known quantity as is the movie, its not like they are sneaking up on people. There may be a slight bump compared to the normal sales track after release but nothing wild.

Conduit

Banned
So, 100$ it's official now ( even if it's temporary for now ). Just as i predicted before. Well, Sony just repeats the history for price-cut.

demigod

I predict we get an announcement of a $299 Xbox One promotion through most of December by the end of the day tomorrow. Of course, with a free copy of Star Wars Battlefront. Microsoft isn't going to let Sony have that price point advantage for 2 weeks in December.

$299 Gears bundle plus free Star Wars digital voucher and $50 giftcard!

So, 100$ it's official now ( even if it's temporary for now ). Just as i predicted before. Well, Sony just repeats the history for price-cut.

People called me crazy when i said Sony needed to drop the price to $299 for the holidays.

GHG

Gold Member

How many of your friends tend to buy games digitally?

I think this pushed me over the edge, the only decision now is Star Wars or Uncharted? The former is getting mixed reviews, and I already played the UC trilogy on Ps3. Decisions, decisions...are the physical copies with these games just the disc, or include the proper case as well?

jelly

Phil was asked that question, and while he didn't answer, the vibe was that XB1 is still unprofitable at a SKU level.

We also don't know how much extra they spent per SKU on stuff like getting retailers to add gift cards, etc. And all the free game promotions everytime a big Sony-marketed game is being released.

MS effectively adds $60 or more to a cost of an XB1 everytime Sony threatens to sell a ton of consoles.

Ouch. Xbox One must be in the red big time. XBL revenues on a dwindling user base can only cover up so much after 360 user migration. Xbox One needs to pick up gold subscribers fast and retain them if they are still selling hardware at a loss and also the loss of a game.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I think this pushed me over the edge, the only decision now is Star Wars or Uncharted? The former is getting mixed reviews, and I already played the UC trilogy on Ps3. Decisions, decisions...are the physical copies with these games just the disc, or include the proper case as well?

If it's the disc, of course it's going to have the proper case...

It's not like Gamestop where you can expect the game to be handed to you without a case nor sleeve.

If it's the disc, of course it's going to have the proper case...

I only ask because when I bought the Assassins Creed Vita bundle 3 years ago, it didn't come with the case. Maybe that's not apples to apples, but that was the reason behind the question. And I think there have been other instances where the case wasn't included.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Draft I've known you on here a long time and even I have no idea if your being cheeky anymore
I don't think Draft has ever had anything but contempt for consoles. He's not interested in having a legitimate conversation on the topic, let's put it that way.

I bought it through AmazonPrime. A package that big...I'd rather not deal with all the shipping and hauling it around through the city. I've never played Uncharted though, and I guess it's a better deal than the SW package.

Uncharted is an amazing series plus you get into the beta for UC4 which is starting i think 5 Dec. Battlefront is honestly a half finished game with a ridiculous season pass.

I would keep NDC especially if you haven't played the trilogy.

Top Bottom