• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 PS+ games have disappointed me for almost 2 years

Snaku

Banned
Rocket League is probably going to be my game of the generation. Outside of that though there really hasn't been much that's made the sub worth it.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Service is garbage compared to what they offered on PS3. All indie humble bundle type of shit which majorly you could already play on PC. I don't buy next gen console to play indie titles. I want games to use the power that these consoles offers.

Even if you ignore the speeds, they haven't done jack shit about the infrastructure because the downloads speeds are downright pathetic compared to Steam/Xbox Live.

Although the reality is that they gotta make money. They are not doing charity here. This is their golden time to make money off of it.

Horns

I used to have PS+ before I got a PS4. Now that I have a PS4, I don't feel the need to have it because of the titles they have offered. Sony only needs to offer up a few decent PS4 titles and I'll gladly reactivate my + account.

Personnaly, between PS+ and GWG, i think GWG has a better selection imo. I'd take quality over quantity any day.

Sony should give one game a month instead of 2 but make it a better quality. The indies that come with PS+ are kinda bad most of the time. The people on my friend list never play these games most of the time.

But, Resogun, Rocket League and First Light have been great though and there's "Super Meat Boy" coming in October.

It's not about being really desperate to play Knack, it's about seeing what game you're getting and thinking 'oh yeah I heard about that at E3' not 'huh, what is this weird thing? Oh it's 2D zombies, ok.'

I don't buy every AAA game. I'm all digital. Give me the stuff I missed.

Why does it matter that you heard about it at E3? Can you not try something new and form your own opinion about it?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Wouldn't mind if PS+ games are restricted to indies and oddities until the end of time.

What I'm ready for, though, is a phasing out of PS3 and Vita offerings so I can get another title or two a month for PS4.

Apathy

If the indie games they released only interested you for an hour tops, then that's an issue with you, not with the games. Basically it's just a way to get around you saying indie games aren't really games. With the huge variety of indie games they have given out, it's unimaginable that not one has been been good enough to hold your attention for more than an hour. With stuff like binding of Isaac, transistor, resogun, rocket league, you're saying none got you for more than an hour but if knack had been released that would have? Just because it's a retail game?

VegiHam

Why does it matter that you heard about it at E3? Can you not try something new and form your own opinion about it?

No, I can't. I don't have a PS4 yet. When they announce the games I'm basically being given a list of topics to go research, and I kinda don't want to? Feel like Playstation Blog could be doing more to sell me on them.

Some of my fav games have been PS+ games, some of my least fav also. Something for everyone I guess.

Knack will come, be patient.

OP, do you only enjoy a game if it's above a certain budget?
That seems to be most of this thread really nd lol at GWG being better they both haven't offered to many AAA games.

Edit: Also people's sense of value seem to be really off here its $50 a year you get..usually 3-4games a month indie or not these games usually range from $10-20, you get discounts on other downloadable games,got a free season of power(i know ppl hated but i loved it), add in multiplayer and it seems like a good $50 spent to me

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
It's gotten so bad on ps4 that I forgot they were even giving games with the service until this thread.
Rocket league is dope but a broken clock is right twice a day.

Using ''entitlement'' as a negative for something we pay for... damn, the game is messed up pun intended.

Ocelott

Entitled gamers make me sick. Everyone wants AAA games on PS+. The PS4 has been out for two years...Calm yourselves.

Why would they give you good, big hitting games when they know they can force you to pay for PS+ anyway to play online? There was no reason to force PS+ on PS3 owners, it was only for discounts and the free games.

Vlitra

Banned
I would take indie mobile game ports if it meant better download speeds and network security. If they upgrade their network, then I would feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

But really the games they have been putting out have been a lot of fun. If they make Knack free I'm sure most of you won't even get halfway through the game. It's not that good.

Apathy

How is this a bad thing though? I much rather play The Swapper, Towerfall Ascension or Resogun than Black Flag or Tomb Raider.

Gameplay > everything else

Naw man, you missed the point from some people. It goes

Must have cost $60 or more plus be in a box at a retail store at some point > graphics > everything else > gameplay and fun.

The disappointed people should just cancel their ps+ account and every month go to gamespot and go around the cheap bin, find a $4 dollar game that was once a $60 retail game and buy that. It then evens out.

Xater

I agree with TS. I'm from Asia psn, and its even worse. Every month is always Indy games, and not even the top ones.

I feel here is an area where Sony could do some bc porting of PS3 games every month for PS+ subscribers to entice us to continue subscriptions

What an awful idea. So instead of new games release even older stuff? Ewwww...

The disappointed people should just cancel their ps+ account and every month go to gamespot and go around the cheap bin, find a $4 dollar game that was once a $60 retail game and buy that. It then evens out.

Or buy that old stuff during sales. I mean if you regret not getting stuff like Battlefield 3 for free, the sequel has been on sale on PSN multiple times now for like 12 bucks.

Mathieran

Banned
I've seriously enjoyed a lot of the PS+ games I've gotten so far, and there's some that I haven't gotten around to yet. Some of my favorites have been Guacamelee, Apotheon, inFamous First Light, Rogue Legacy, Limbo, Fez, The Swapper, olli olli 2, and Steamworld. There's also a few that I'm looking forward to playing but haven't had time yet.

In addition to the sales I have found PS+ to be a pretty good value, and I don't really ever play online. Open your mind up to different experiences and you might be surprised by how good some of these games are. I'd prefer new indies to old AAA games that you could get pretty cheap anyways.

Naw man, you missed the point from some people. It goes

Must have cost $60 or more plus be in a box at a retail store at some point > graphics > everything else > gameplay and fun.

Or the other side should cancel theirs, get a $400 PC, and buy those games for $1 during Humble/Steam sales.

See how dumb this line of thinking becomes?

Sony needs to find a way to strike more of a balance with their service.

The way i see it is it's more of a chance for people to play things they normally wouldn't touch. The masses will always buy that next big release, its gives the little guys a chance to shine and shine they have because I've found alot of indies to be better than AAA games and its opened me to more experiences

I hope it's indies and little fun games until the end of time!

I also hope Knack never gets put up there. It's so funny every time someone whines about it!

cyba89

It's always funny when one side smacks the other side for generalizing indie games while they generalize AAA games themselves.

The eternal PS+ game war.

cakely

Good post:

I'm disgusted by Sony's practices. I pay $50 for free games and they can't even give us real games, just trash indie titles, which we all know aren't even fun. Then they have the audacity to let us choose a game for the month except all we get to choose from is indies. Again, it's like picking if you want to be slapped in the face or punched in the gut. At this rate I'm going to cancel my subscription until we get some full priced, AAA titles that will actually be worth playing and provide a fun experience for subscribers. I vow to never return to ps+ until the only game arrives on the service that full encompasses these qualities, knack.

Very similar, but not so good:

PS+ has been so shitty on PS4. Not only did they put multiplayer behind a paywall but they even had the nerve to augment the price.

I stopped being a Ps+ member right around when the PS4 released. Can't support that greedy approach.

Regarding games, it just looks like Sony is cheaping out on the deal they make until publishers lower the price to had a game tp PS+. That's something I found weird since they now have way more subscribers which means way more money to spend.

To OP: Let your subscription lapse if you don't feel it's worth your $60/year. Problem solved.

Resogun, Spelunky, The Swapper, Binding of Issac: Rebirth, Transistor, Rogue Legacy, and Guacamelee more than justified the two years of PS+ that I've purchased so far.

Metfanant

if Resogun or Rocket League don't bring you hours of enjoyment...then you have no soul...that being said, you really answered your own question...when PS+ launched it was WELL into the PS3's life...the catalog was fleshed out, lots of big time titles out there....we are so early in the PS4's life...

Bluenoser

Considering the bargain bin prices of games like Killzone, Knack, AC: Black Flag, etc. it's very surprising that Sony has not elected to put them up on PS+, but they must have their reasons. More than likely 1-2 will be added in the holiday months if for no other reason, to keep the momentum going.

Kama_1082

Banned
The only worthwhile game that's come out on ps4 ps+ was rocket league. I didn't spend $400 on a system to play indies that my old toaster of a PC could play.

Or the other side should cancel theirs, get a $400 PC, and buy those games for $1 during Humble/Steam sales.

But indies are better on PS Plus because they are free and often cross-compatible with Vita!

(that and quite a few of those games aren't available on PC, like Resogun, Hohokum, Unfinished Swan and others)

The reality is that this gen is pretty new and more AAA games will be on Plus over time. We already had stuff like Ground Zeroes, Driveclub PS Plus Edition and First Light. Killzone will probably be out before the end of the year. It's not very good though, Mercenaries is better and we actually got that one on Plus already.

AwShucks

Rocket League by itself is worth a year for me. Infamous First Light. Resogun (my 2nd most played PS4 game after Rocket League probably). Those three by itself have been worth normal priced games to me.

Now I also have a Vita and a PS3, so I get much more worth out of PS+

Xater

It's always funny when one side smacks the other side for generalizing indie games while they generalize AAA games themselves.

The eternal PS+ game war.

Nah, there are good big games, but if I am into them I most definitely already played them before they would hit this service. That's why I applaud Sony for going more after new stuff that is free on release.

Bluenoser

The only worthwhile game that's come out on ps4 ps+ was rocket league. I didn't spend $400 on a system to play indies that my old toaster of a PC could play.

Getting hard to tell what's sarcasm these days. Guess Sony has no other games but the indies on PS+. Fuck what have I been playing these past 2 years then?

And that's what I use it for

Whatever works for you. Looking at your original post, it seems somewhat redundant.

klaushm

I've played all PS+ games, even if it were for testing. Why not give it a chance?

And for that, I can say my PS4 pays itself just with my PS+ games. I didn't even got Resogun and still is awesome.

My most played PS+'s games list:
Trine 2, Strider, TowerFall, Fez, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Secret Ponchos (Surprisely good), Titan Attacks, InFamous: First Light, Apotheon, Rougue Legacy, Transistor, CounterSpy, OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood, Valiant Hearts: The Great War, Rocket League, Grow Home, Super Time Force Ultra, Teslagrad, Xeodrifter

Top Bottom