• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Sharefactory Thread.

Slixshot

Banned
Playing at 60fps? The 30fps PS4 recording seems to mess up the sound effect timing (pipe impact sounds before Joel actually makes a connection). What a shame.

Still, really cool scene there!

Yeah, 60fps during gameplay. Just using the Sharefactory standard stuff. No editing outside of the software on the system so the quality is as good as Sony lets it get.

That was really cool, not seen Ellie do that before.

Thanks :D Yeah, it was like a ton of cinematic-type stuff happened one after another.

1. I swing and I miss
2. He ducks out of the way of my second swing
3. We lock pipes
4. Ellie chucks a brick to knock him off balance
5. Beat the shit out of him.
6. New guy comes from around corner and has me pinned (I thought that transition was super smooth and movie like)
7. Ellie stabs him off of me
8. Pipe connects with face

All of that within like a 20 second span had me in shock when it happened. On top of that, I'm playing on Grounded so it was super tense and saved me from having to redo the section.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yeah, 60fps during gameplay. Just using the Sharefactory standard stuff. No editing outside of the software on the system so the quality is as good as Sony lets it get.

Thanks :D Yeah, it was like a ton of cinematic-type stuff happened one after another.

1. I swing and I miss
2. He ducks out of the way of my second swing
3. We lock pipes
4. Ellie chucks a brick to knock him off balance
5. Beat the shit out of him.
6. New guy comes from around corner and has me pinned (I thought that transition was super smooth and movie like)
7. Ellie stabs him off of me
8. Pipe connects with face

All of that within like a 20 second span had me in shock when it happened. On top of that, I'm playing on Grounded so it was super tense and saved me from having to redo the section.

How do you do this? Is it automatic? I have never seen it in all my playthroughs.

Slixshot

Banned
How do you do this? Is it automatic? I have never seen it in all my playthroughs.

I platinum'd the game on PS3 and I had never experienced anything like it either. Was dumbfounded when I saw the pipes clash, but I just went with it. Then I got pinned against the wall and was like "well fuck, now I'm gonna have to do this again" and she stabbed him! :D I was one happy guy!

So to answer your question: pure luck.

NastyBook

Damn, when the sunrise light hits the Traveler...

Nice ambient track, too.
Here's my first go. One of the challenges in the new Trials game instantly inspired me to make this but at the time I did not understand how the recording features worked. Once I did I went about recreating the moment and it ended up glitching, but that turned out to be a good thing.
http://youtu.be/3T5Z6CHE4NM
Would've been great if the windmill had flung him across the map. Still a funny video, though.

Here's my first video. Just finished it up today.
Hope they don't block the music on there. Especially considering it's a KZ montage, and one of the tracks is from the first game.

Let me know what you all think.

Grewitch

Just render the 5 minute video on Sharefactory, then edit a new 15 minute selection in a different project on it's own.

When you're ready to put them all together, just select all your rendered videos and put them together in one timeline.

And problem solved just like that. Thanks so much. You did that wicked time lapse video, right? Kudos.

Dreez

I platinum'd the game on PS3 and I had never experienced anything like it either. Was dumbfounded when I saw the pipes clash, but I just went with it. Then I got pinned against the wall and was like "well fuck, now I'm gonna have to do this again" and she stabbed him! :D I was one happy guy!

So to answer your question: pure luck.

Actually there's a short window of time where if you press triangle Joel will block melee weapons. Try it!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I needed to backup replay files from an older hard drive to USB stick and would like to reimport those replay files via USB back to PS4/Share factory. Is there absolutely no way to do that?

I needed to backup replay files from an older hard drive to USB stick and would like to reimport those replay files via USB back to PS4/Share factory. Is there absolutely no way to do that?

I've tried, seems like there's no way to re-import PS4 videos. Maybe next few updates should fix that.

It was sort of a rush job, but I hope I did inFamous and Fetch fans proud. I certainly enjoyed it. This was edited/created entirely in ShareFactory.

Oh yeah, potential minor spoilers, but if you played Second Son, you already know what's coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN9M9EsudbY

Pretty good video man, good use of photomode.

Carn82

Hmm, when I click on Sharefactory from the PS4 menu, nothing happens. Anyone know what the dealio is?

-edit: nevermind. Took a long time to get to the PSstore.

Guymelef

Update.
BzlZSG7CIAAbkUX.jpg:large

Top Bottom