• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sold out at Amazon Germany till January 2014

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, so on the one side we have Fergal Gara, general manager of SCE UK, telling MCV and others that there will be no problem getting a PS4 in the run up to Christmas in the UK, and on the other a bunch of continental retailers have just said they are done until January.

Sony are playing to win this time.
Well, maybe retail stores get a large supply then, who knows?

Moonstone

Germany has the biggest retail market in europe (there was chart in gamesmarkt).
Digital and online is still pretty small compared to other EU countries.

People buy consoles in the stores, not so much at amazon. You will get a console, if you are able to line up at MediaMarkt, Saturn, Mediamaxx et al or if you preorder there.

Sony is probably gonna ship more to retail in germany than to online retailers, because they will gonna get more press from it and retails is still bigger by a big margin.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Considering how late it is launching, you only have a couple of weeks to get new stock in before you hit Christmas and new year. So not too bad.

However, if they're running out of stock for preorders now, they have potentially two months worth of interested people that might migrate to Xbox

Hope this shit doesn't mean international buyers are screwed regardless of when they pre-ordered. Why would Amazon discriminate buyers?

No, it means they can't deliver it on release day but 2-3 days later because you live outside of Germany.
If I preorder something in the UK, they also won't ship it 3 days before release.

I already explained it in the bundle thread.

Media Markt is one of the biggest retail markets for consoles and other home entertainment products in germany. They were advertising the pre-orders to get a PS4 before christmas eve.
Now, they lifted this date as well!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Germany has the biggest retail market in europe (there was chart in gamesmarkt).
Digital and online is still pretty small compared to other EU countries.

People buy consoles in the stores, not so much at amazon. You will get a console, if you are able to line up at MediaMarkt, Saturn, Mediamaxx et al or if you preorder there.

Sony is probably gonna ship more to retail in germany than to online retailers, because they will gonna get more press from it and retails is still bigger by a big margin.

Is that the situation?
That explains why, when I used to look at 3DS eShop charts for the major European countries, basically all the retail titles available on German eShop were in much lower positions than the other shops.

No doubt PS4 will have a pretty good launch in Europe and US, though :D

Nice! Might sell my PS4 if the demand $ is high on eBay. I will be too busy playing GTA V and Batman Origins to care about my PS4, that is until Infamous 3 comes out.

Flek

Banned
yay got a preorder in time from ama.ger but probably can´t take it due to some bigger recent purchases so i might just sell it on ebay for christmas time. Should be a nice + to pick it up early next year :)

Coen

Still haven't heard anything on my 28 August Killzone/extra controller/camera pack order at Amazon.fr. I also have just the console pre-ordered at a Dutch retailer dating back to the 13th of June but I'd much rather have the pack.

Moonstone

Is that the situation?
That explains why, when I used to look at 3DS eShop charts for the major European countries, basically all the retail titles available on German eShop were in much lower positions than the other shops.

They had this chart:
http://www.abload.de/img/eusales8ju5n.jpg

It's only retail and I don't really understand how it works and what is 100% in that chart.
It's not about absolute sales, as they state that uk is still the biggest console market - but whatever - vg retail market is still growing in germany.

Binabik15

Meh, you had a long time to order a launch unit, even longer for a "before christmas" unit. That's not even counting the Killzone bundle that might release on launch day.

I have a nekkid PS4 with launch day delivery that I don't need, but don't want to cancel before I can find the mail with the Driveclub voucher. That somehow vanished. I'd be willing to part with that one.

For

One MILLION dollars/Dr Evil

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Media Markt is one of the biggest retail markets for consoles and other home entertainment products in germany. They were advertising the pre-orders to get a PS4 before christmas eve.
Now, they lifted this date as well!

In Austria they quickly removed preorder option from their website. I think it was available for 3 weeks and then gone. I spoke to somebody working in one of the shops in Southern Austria that demand is such that they do not even know if they will receive additional units for day one.

With Balkan countries getting Tier 2 treatment from Sony (PS4 probably available in late December or even in January) they expect numerous buyers from south trying luck at the end of November...

Into

one still can preorder xbones at some larger electronic retail chains here in Germany.

You can do that in the States which is shocking to me at this point.

I am looking forward to seeing some numbers later when Sony posts them or gloats about them, if the system does remarkably well, which it looks like it will.

Top Bottom