• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 buy now or wait

DonJimbo

Hi Guys
So after the release of Resident Evil 4 remake and my thirst for a PS5 I saw a Offer from Saturn here in Germany that offers a Bundle with RE4R for the price of 555 Euros
And with rumours of a PS5 Gen2 without a disc drive built in and the release of a slim or Pro Version in the next Years should I wait to get a PS5 or just snag this offer because the Console costs 549 Euros and the game itself 70 Euros and with this Bundle I get the Game almost for free

sono

Your poll doesnt seem to make sense to me. You have wait of buy in the question but the poll is yes or no . What does yes mean ?

For the answer, if you want it dont wait.

SJRB

Gold Member
do-it-predator.gif

Buy now, subscribe to PS plus extra for 1 year to play all the Sony bangers (Returnal, Demon's souls, Ratchet, Horizon FB, Spiderman MM, Final Fantasy 7RE intergrade, Ghost of Tsushima etc) and then, IF the fabled PS5 Pro gets released in 2024, go to GameStop and trade the PS5 for it.

The slim doesn't really matter as it'll be just a smaller form factor.

Traded my XSX for a PS5 and I couldn't be happier with the decision, next year I'm gonna do the same with the PS5 Pro.

Enjoy

Last edited:

sendit

I’m waiting for the slim version, the original is too big and expensive for my liking

The slim version is going to be 399 just like the digital. Both the digital and non-digital will be phased out. The Pro will come in hot either at 499 or 599.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'd wait at least until a slim or pro model. For me there are no exclusive games that make me want to rush out and grab a PS5 right now or any time soon.

If there is an exclusive you need to play right away then yeah go get a PS5. You need to decide for yourself.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Depends on if you want the few exclusives, remakes and remasters. I believe it is worth it. I stuck with PS4 but my brother is enjoying PS5. It's B/C to my knowledge, so you can just sell the PS4 if you've got it.

poodaddy

It's alright. If you want it, get it, if not then don't.

Demon's Souls and the Spider-Man games were good, FF7 Remake was really underwhelming, and both Humanity and Stray are great games, so if any of that does anything for ya, jump in. I didn't care for any of their other stuff so far, but I'm crazy pumped for Spodermens 2 and Wolvey

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Being excited about buying a ps5 is fine the worst case scenario is a ps5 pro version comes out, just trade it in.

Top Bottom