• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 embargo lifts today (06/11/20) MEGATHREAD

Mr.ODST

You're telling us MS can purposefully brick your console if it pleases.... someone start the printing press.

Any company can do this, its written within the embargo itself, that feature is there for companies to try and stop leaks from pre-production games, Sony even have this in its nothing new.

The only way he wouldn't have a console bricked is if he got his console from Retail but because he is an influencer there is rules, unfortunately a lot of them like to push it to be the "first" to showcase.

Saw it alot when I used to work in industry

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
This is how I imagine spending at least a reasonable chunk of time in Spider-Man MM:
beautiful-woman-with-long-hair-looks-her-reflection-modern-glass-building_8353-5116.jpg

xHunter

this is disappointing.
IGN says you can

PS5 games can be stored on an external HDD but need to be copied back to the SSD to play, though the near-instantaneous loading times for PS5 games make this palatable.

Edit: seems to be conflicting reports. Dont know what is true.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned

As expected, Dualsense is great but also developers' committment dependent.

Dave2D is awesome.

Feedback on DS button quality
Battery life test too.
Temperature test
Noise test
No quick resume

Last edited:

As expected, Dualsense is great but also developers' committment dependent.

Dave3D is awesome. Battery life test too.

Apparently playing Astro's playroom (a game which uses Dualsense features non stop) the battery only lasts 4 hours.

https://www.everyeye.it/articoli/recensione-playstation-5-console-next-gen-sony-prova-50831.html

However, a slightly lower autonomy than that of the DualShock 4 must be taken into account. With Astro's Playroom, a title that deliberately amplifies the sensations triggered by DualSense and also makes extensive use of the integrated microphone, it remains under four hours of use, while with other products the seven hours of play are more easily reached.

chonga

I don’t think you understand the point of quick resume if you think that having some quick load spots is the same thing.

this is a big L for the PS5 in terms of OS features.
And I don't think you understand English.

Re-read what I said. I didn't say it was the same thing, did I.

I said that one possible reason for the absence is that the alternative is a 'good-enough' trade-off of not occupying copious amounts of storage space.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Interesting, but do i need these things even with my already payed day one preordered ps5??

Also little spoiler for you, rechargable batteries EXIST 🕺
I don't think either of us need batteries with our day one pre ordered PS5's. Mine is payed for too.

It was a bad joke I made. I apologize. Didn't think anyone would take it seriously.

Yes I know you can use rechargeable batteries on xbox. Some people may still use double A's.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I don't think either of us need batteries with our day one pre ordered PS5's. Mine is payed for too.

It was a bad joke I made. I apologize. Didn't think anyone would take it seriously.

Yes I know you can use rechargeable batteries on xbox. Some people may still use double A's.
I was just fucking with you dude :lollipop_blowing_kiss:

I'm the king of bad jokes, don't worry.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Was mentioned / suggested in other threads but legit is the user storage only 660 gig now there is no embargo?

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
No Quick Resume is definitely an 'L' and something that (if not patented) should be ripped off as an option. I imagine they have not done it as SSD space is limited and game loading is pretty rapid anyway.

As long as I can suspend/resume seamlessly I'll be OK.

I will enjoy bouncing between random games a bit easier on XSX (i.e. I'll always have Forza Horzon 4 on tap ready to play).

sainraja

Why do Sony fans do this? As soon as they realize PS might not have a feature it becomes unnecessary and useless. Instead of pushing Sony to do better PS fans have a TERRIBLE habit of making excuses for them.

Behavior like that is how you get an expansion like Mile Morales sold as a standalone game.

Um, did you read what he said?

No need to be so defensive. It is a valid point and he wasn't downplaying it. He was just bringing up the fact that quick resume (and this would apply to PS5 too) isn't that useful when you are a non-digital gamer.

sainraja

The review says that there's quick resume for only one game at a time. Seems that it doesn't have quick resume at atll. Pretty remarkable for Microsoft.

It doesn't have quick resume as described by Microsoft or how Microsoft implemented it. Quick resume doesn't or shouldn't be defined to mean switch between multiple games, what it comes down to is, how quickly are you able to switch between games or return to a game you were playing.

Last edited:

Drewpee

Banned
Um, did you read what he said?

No need to be so defensive. It is a valid point and he wasn't downplaying it. He was just bringing up the fact that quick resume (and this would apply to PS5 too) isn't that useful when you are a non-digital gamer.

I agree, if you look beyond my initial post, I actually responded and said the same. Sony fans do have a terrible habit of defending Sony even when it goes against their self interests but that is not what was happening here.

Even if it was happening, his post was relevant and a good point. It wasn't a blind "Sony doesn't have it so we don't need if" type of post.

Shmunter

Bit confused why the UI doesn't ask you to close a game when you open a new one if there's no quick resume. Maybe it's not called QR proper, but it just saves your state and reloads fast enough on the SSD to not worry about it?
Good point. Was the video edited maybe?

Krisprolls

Banned
You have "quick resume" like on PS4. If I stop my console, when I wake it up my game is still here and I can start playing after 1 sec, no loading, no nothing, so I'm not sure why I'd need something more.

When you load another next gen game is takes like 5 sec. I'm not sure we need better than that.

Moogle11

Banned
4 hours? That's brutal, hope the USBC Cable is long

I got tired of messing with it years ago and now just have charger cables organized pretty neatly next to my reclining love seat I game in. Basket under the side table has the charger block etc. mostly hidden, then have one of those little magnet blocks on top that I keep lighthing (iPhone and iPad), micro USB (DS4 and gold head set) and USB C (Switch, and soon Dual Sense) cables easily accessible. I wish battery life was better for sure, but not that big a deal to just reach over and plug in if my controller or headset is dying.

I do prefer the Xbox controllers and just swapping in Eneloops though since I have a bunch of those and it's always better to not have a cable attached while playing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom