• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 is 7% above PS4 and 66% above PS3 in unit sales in the US

Woopah

I would've thought ps3 was biggest at this point mid gen
PS3 was never anywhere near PS5 level.
Yeah Matt Pigsatella is claiming ps5 is peaking a bit too early to call

GTA6 + price drop would sell boatloads
His says 2023 was likely the peak year and I think he's right. Sony thinks so too.

I think things like GTA and price drop can help sales be up YoY in certain months or quarters, but for a full year.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I would've thought ps3 was biggest at this point mid gen

The PS3 had a pretty rough first couple of years, it only really made a comeback in its second half, the final 3~ years of its lifetime.

Yeah Matt Pigsatella is claiming ps5 is peaking a bit too early to call

GTA6 + price drop would sell boatloads

He's probably not wrong. Sony isn't planning aggressive price cuts with the PS5, so while GTA6 will probably sell a lot of PS5s, the PS5 might still be 500 dollars when GTA6 comes out.

Sony is trying to focus on profitability over market penetration right now. This might prove somewhat short-sighted, we'll have to see.

bender

What time is it?
Since PS5 is tracking ahead in the US and is slightly behind WW, do we know which territories are lagging behind?

XXL

Since PS5 is tracking ahead in the US and is slightly behind WW, do we know which territories are lagging behind?
Europe

From what I understand anyway.

I guess Europe's price increase was also the highest from what I've read.

Last edited:
Not much of a reason to own a pc when you have a ps5
3NJgYa9.jpeg
Wrong thread.

Go live in fantasy land here.

Ok shitposters, as someone who owns both a high-end PC and a PS5, why is my PS5 useless 90% of the time except when once, max twice a year an exclusive pops up, not to mention, these exclusives are now no longer actually exclusives and theyll release on PC sooner than later. PS4 era I had at least 3-4 great games per year that I could not play on PC. Cry all you want console warriors. I had to buy Ghost of Tsushima the PS5 version and the useless tlou 2 remaster this year just so I could remove the tons of dust off it even though I played them on PS4. Where are the fucking games? No, really, I am waiting, because unlike you smartasses I genuinely want to play awesome games on PS5 and on PC... I regret buying a PS5. I do not regret buying a PS4. Consoler warriors are so pathetic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom