• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Liquid Metal Oxidation fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysius

Banned

This is more of a PSA if your PS5 is experiencing any quirks.

TL;DW: the liquid metal on the PS5 can oxidize creating areas of the APU that don't get full cooling, this can lead to overheating/artifacting/less than optimal performance. This person has encountered multiple PS5s with oxidized liquid metal spots. CLEAN OUT your PS5, they weren't joking about the vacuuming it out periodically. He also recommends leaving it horizontal.

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Honestly I got my PS5 last year and was happy with it. Never had to vacuum it and will probably never do it. At worse it will allow me to buy the next iteration of it ( Pro or slim version). But I hope that I will just not have that problem :messenger_halo:.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Fuck sake it looks like shit horizontal. And I've made room for it to be vertical.

Why did they design it like this if its a negative?

Markcernyprettycoolright.jpeg

Last edited:

Loxus

I saw this video the day it came out and I don't know what he's trying to prove.

The PS5's chip still has better conductivity than what you see with thermal paste and you don't see that being an issue on other devices.
xODxFk0.jpg
I2DCAEo.jpg

uU1qIDr.jpg
Y6RgXuZ.jpg

And doesn't the PS5 give you an overheating warning if overheating was the case?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom