• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps5 vs XSX call of duty

Thirty7ven

Banned
From the comments of this video...

eCtZuYV.jpg

Bryank75 Bryank75 this you mate?

You really went down the YouTube comments? Whoa, you are really invested in this... yikes

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
- PS5 performs better = PS5 wins;
- Parity = PS5 wins for some reason;
- XSX performs better, but not by some arbitrary huge percentage = PS5 also wins.
Not that we have actually seen Series X perform better than the PS5 so far but thats correct because if the PS5 version is at parity or close to parity it would still have a superior controller and faster loading times.

We could also go into the topic of expectations prior to the console launches.

FunkMiller

COD was already more popular on Sony platform (hence the stupid exclusive deals) so a couple of frames more on either SX or PS5 won't matter at all.

Eh. I’m not so sure. We’re still in the early adoption phase of console take up, so performance variations may be enough to persuade fence sitters one way or another. I’d certainly say XBox could have done with having a perceived performance advantage, rather than disadvantage at this early stage.

FlyyGOD

Who in the hell did the comparison? This guy is the swap meet version of Digital Foundry. He probably got his analysis equipment from the pawn shop. He should leave this to the professionals.

The cheaper-to-produce and smaller APU die in the PS5 is performing better than the more expensive and bigger die with more transistors xsex APU.

PS5 is about efficiency.

Xsex is brute-forcing itself and still drops frames and bigger frames more often.

Cerny is a genius.
That's not at all what it is, with equal development preparation and optimization there's no scenario where the Xbox loses.

Every aspect of the hardware is better.

Enjoy it while it lasts .. until devs get to grips with SFS, VRS, Meshshading and keeping the 52 CUS constantly occupied.

most games where already made for 36 pro CUs... so the step toPs5 was small.
Please don't make me laugh harder. Let it go . Both consoles will get better with time as devs learn more trick on both machines . More news at 11

And stop parroting technical pr words . Focus more on better games than technical side imo.

Cheers

Waiting for DF comparison videos before I comment. If there is a difference between any version, they will have a better ability to get answers why.

Blue Spring

Enjoy it while it lasts .. until devs get to grips with SFS, VRS, Meshshading and keeping the 52 CUS constantly occupied.

most games where already made for 36 pro CUs... so the step toPs5 was small. And the boosts in clocks helped ..
"j-just y-you w-wait :cry::pie_crying::messenger_crying: "
Funny how we did not have to wait when PS4/Xbone or PS4 Pro and One X released to see the difference.

Chukhopops

Not that we have actually seen Series X perform better than the PS5 so far but thats correct because if the PS5 version is at parity or close to parity it would still have a superior controller and faster loading times.

We could also go into the topic of expectations prior to the console launches.
But that's exactly what I'm saying - whatever happens you will always consider it as a win, so what's the point? It's ok to have preferences but the purpose of those comparison videos is to, well, compare performance between devices, not one device vs a controller or some guy who claimed there would be a 40% difference in March 2020.

Elios83

Ah yes, I forgot the rules of the comparison threads:

- XSX performs better, but not by some arbitrary huge percentage = PS5 also wins.

The goal posts have been moved so far that there is no way at this point for any comparison to be won either way, it's just pages of circlejerking like the AC thread.

But the best part is that the MP comparing different modes in different scenes is considered 100% gospel while a straight, scene-to-scene SP comparison is extremely questionable for some reason.

I would rather have 120 fps dropping to 83 during action than 60 dropping to 45, that is an obvious thing that shouldn't even be up for discussion.

Goalpost moving?
After a whole year of "PS5 can't do ray tracing", "it's just a 9TF GPU with a boost clock for marketing purposes", "the XSX will destroy the PS5 in multiplatform games comparisons" now we get these results and you think people are being unfair to the XSX? LOL.
How about admitting that the results are not what were expected from the XSX and the two consoles for all pratical purposes are performing the same in multiplatform games?
It will be interesting to understand why, but this is the reality so far.

Tripolygon

Banned
That's not at all what it is, with equal development preparation and optimization there's no scenario where the Xbox loses.

Every aspect of the hardware is better.
These bookmarks come in handy
PS5 Cons

Weaker CPU which only further fluctuates downward
Considerably weaker GPU which only further fluctuates downward
30% less RT hardware on the die
Poorly structure pooled memory bandwidth with no hierarchy parsing
Insanely high frequencies which will likely results in heat and noise issues, possibly hardware failure
Incomplete backward compatibility which needs games manually added

PS5 Pros

SSD with over double the bandwidth but unknown practical benefit beyond its competitors drive

Sounds amazing.
Of course it will, especially as it relates to Ray Tracing. RT absolutely tanks the raster capability of the GPU even with RT cores, having a surplus of that compute available means Microsoft's system could push more RT at a scene than Sony's and to such a level that it would cripple the PlayStation 5 while still affording the Series X to competently render the scene without consequence.

And the controller and the ssd, don't forget those losses
That whole SSD thing turned out to be exactly what was predicted, they both function just like SSD's do on PC. There's a slight edge to the faster storage medium but all the same it hits a brick wall.

The controller can't be better, that's not a resolute fact, it's entirely preference and an individual opinion of what works best and for who.

Saying things without actually saying anything, you're a dud poster.

Funny how there wasn’t a pandemic going around .. with work from home challenges .. and 1 system that was going to be released in 2019 so those games have had more dev time ..

but let’s ignore all that .

You know they also made the PS5 versions right with the pandemic affecting them?

It's not like Sony gave them a vaccine while they made the PS5 version.

sircaw

Banned

most games where already made for 36 pro CUs... so the step toPs5 was small. And the boosts in clocks helped ..

it must really hurt to be someone like you, your dreams smashed, your reality darkened, knowing that you were fed a whole lot of bullshit and lies from the Microsoft pr department and worse still, that you believed them. And here you are still tugging their bullshit line.

All Sony was hoping for was parity, but you xbox fans were screaming for 51 fps at double the res, you were hoping for a god damn rocket to the moon.

Well, you crashed. sunshine, right into the moon. Ps5 no matter what has achieved parity. We are happy. we landed on the moon.

sinnergy

Just go and enjoy ur xsx. Its an amazing console .it doesn't have to be better than ps5 or ps5 to be shit so u can enjoy ur console .
I enjoy it plenty , especially DIRT 5 , which runs better on it. Quick resume is also amazing , loading games in 7 seconds into gameplay!

assurdum

Banned
Ah yes, I forgot the rules of the comparison threads:

The goal posts have been moved so far that there is no way at this point for any comparison to be won either way, it's just pages of circlejerking like the AC thread.

But the best part is that the MP comparing different modes in different scenes is considered 100% gospel while a straight, scene-to-scene SP comparison is extremely questionable for some reason.

I would rather have 120 fps dropping to 83 during action than 60 dropping to 45, that is an obvious thing that shouldn't even be up for discussion.
I mean for months people laughed about the ps5 specs, what's shocking about those " rules"?

Blue Spring

But that's exactly what I'm saying - whatever happens you will always consider it as a win, so what's the point? It's ok to have preferences but the purpose of those comparison videos is to, well, compare performance between devices, not one device vs a controller or some guy who claimed there would be a 40% difference in March 2020.
And Im saying you are correct.
If its close to parity then its still a win for PS5 not only because of the specialities of the PS5 but also because of expectations and you cant just ignore that.
You want to look at it in a vacuum? Thats not how it works.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
That whole SSD thing turned out to be exactly what was predicted, they both function just like SSD's do on PC. There's a slight edge to the faster storage medium but all the same it hits a brick wall.

The controller can't be better, that's not a resolute fact, it's entirely preference and an individual opinion of what works best and for who.

Saying things without actually saying anything, you're a dud poster.

How sour are you atm, Sony has everything atm, Performance, better ssd, better controller, games on release.

For months you went with your narrative, and it turns out you were wrong on everything.

Time for you to bend the knee m8, its time for you to apologize to everyone for the amount of shit-talking you did.

I mean for months people laughed about the ps5 specs, what's shocking about those " rules"?
The specifications are still laughably behind, there's a present software limitation. Do you not remember the original Xbox One while developers were coming to grips with it? Basically everything was 720p, and then suddenly there was a point where everything was either 900p or 1080p.

This is a software learning curve on a new toolset.

How sour are you atm, Sony has everything atm, Performance, better ssd, better controller, games on release.

For months you went with your narrative, and it turns out you were wrong on everything.

Time for you to bend the knee m8, its time for you to apologize to everyone for the amount of shit-talking you did.
Why would a knee be bent when you're going to get bent over? For the third time this is a software limitation, that limitation will eventually be eradicated, you can't eradicate lesser hardware.

assurdum

Banned
I enjoy it plenty , especially DIRT 5 , which runs better on it. Quick resume is also amazing , loading games in 7 seconds into gameplay!
It's really impossible to talk about something else isn't it? It's always ended in the same route. And people asking why so many are so invested to troll about the multiplat performance on series X

geordiemp

The specifications are still laughably behind, there's a present software limitation. Do you not remember the original Xbox One while developers were coming to grips with it? Basically everything was 720p, and then suddenly there was a point where everything was either 900p or 1080p.

I bet the PC games runs fine using that same DX12 toolset. LOL

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Why would a knee be bent when you're going to get bent over? For the third time this is a software limitation, that limitation will eventually be eradicated, you can't eradicate lesser hardware.

i will except a simple sorry, you can also do it in a private message if you don't have the guts to do it here.

sinnergy

it must really hurt to be someone like you, your dreams smashed, your reality darkened, knowing that you were

You are preaching to a wall, these guys don’t understand software/games development.. and also no insights into hardware development.

they can’t even seem to comprehend the state of the world around them , it seems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom