• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5, Xbox Series X GPUs Will Be Great for Some Devs, But “The Majority” Won’t Use It to Its Fullest, Says Developer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking to GamingBolt in a recent interview, Kavan said that though the faster hardware of both consoles is something that some big AAA studios – such as Naughty Dog, for instance – will make use of, the majority of the developers in the industry probably won’t be pushing the hardware to its limits in that manner.

“Outside of AAA, not much,” he said, when asked about how much impact he thinks the PS5 and Xbox Series X’s faster GPUs will have on development. “Watching the reveals, I didn’t even see that many games utilizing resources we already have now. So there will be a few boundary pushing companies, like for example Naughty Dog, but the majority will have just a comfort of very fast systems.”

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Ask a developer who never touched a PS5 ad Xbox Series X about the PS5 and Xbox Series X, and then split the answers into multiple "news" articles saying absolutely nothing of relevance.

I knew which site this was from before I even looked at the OP. 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom